IGNORED

England v Spain Thread

reddogkev

I've heard that tonight's friendly is in Alicante, being played at the airport, somewhere between two of the seldom used runways.

I know some folk say they don't care about England, especially friendlies, but I'm not one of those folk.

I reckon England will win 1 - 0 with Kane scoring the goal.

Hope to see a good show from the lads as they continue their unbeaten march to European glory in 2016.

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've heard that tonight's friendly is in Alicante, being played at the airport, somewhere between two of the seldom used runways.

I know some folk say they don't care about England, especially friendlies, but I'm not one of those folk.

I reckon England will win 1 - 0 with Kane scoring the goal.

Hope to see a good show from the lads as they continue their unbeaten march to European glory in 2016.

I love that "seldom used" ;)

I don't understand the reasoning behind the starting line up tonight. 

We knew we had qualified long ago and had games against Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino. Why didn't we experiment against those teams? Potentially our toughest test before euros and we are experimenting. 

Win or lose tonight, would this 11 start the first game of the euros? I highly doubt it.

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

I don't understand the reasoning behind the starting line up tonight. 

We knew we had qualified long ago and had games against Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino. Why didn't we experiment against those teams? Potentially our toughest test before euros and we are experimenting. 

Win or lose tonight, would this 11 start the first game of the euros? I highly doubt it.

Hodgson has been in the job five years and has no idea of his best eleven or his preferred system

31 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Happened for a while now. Catalonia/Spain thing 

Think we have done ok that half. Spain much easier on the eye, but we have caused a few problems down their left. Our shooting has been awful, but at least a few times got in a position to have a go. Spain do not look like they have got out of second gear, but often look like that.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Think we have done ok that half. Spain much easier on the eye, but we have caused a few problems down their left. Our shooting has been awful, but at least a few times got in a position to have a go. Spain do not look like they have got out of second gear, but often look like that.

I'm pleased that Roy has accepted we cannot pursue a possession game against the top nations as they will easily out pass us. Thought we started to grow into the game after about 20 mins and packing the team with pace is the best way to go. Keep things solid at the back and look to pick up something on the counter.

Oh and practice penalties for half of every training session!

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Agree. I'd sack him now

No point in going to a tournament, under performing and then sacking him 

I wouldn't disagree with you, but who do we replace him with ?

Some people, (I'm not one of them), believe we should have an English manager.

Well, in the Premier League, there are now just four of them :

Pardew, Pulis (!), McClaren & Howe.

The only one I would consider suitable would be Howe, and that would be in around 5 years time, after he has proven himself in the P.L.

Archived