IGNORED

Turkey's 'Minute of Silence'

freezer

9 minutes ago, Moloch said:

If there is "plenty out there" it is not going to take long to find a link.

On the Obama video, I think by referring to the context of the whole speech it is obvious that he made a slip of the tongue. Someone has taken a small piece of it, out of context, to make a funny video. I'm sure you are completely aware of this and are just playing about.

In your last paragraph, you pose many rhetorical questions. I think the most interesting is "where does the oil go?" I was reading a piece on a conspiracy website which drew a comparison between the ISIL/ISIS control of oil fields, and the price of oil. There is a correlation and the author was keen to suggest that the reason was that rich families of commodity traders in the UK and US were buying the oil and selling it on. I haven't got time to find the link, but the evidence is out there.

Like I said...there are links to nearly every topic...and many contradict one another. Governments say one thing...do another. Of course 'middle men' from all nations will be involved. Someone has to buy the oil...someone has to make the weapons...someone trains them etc,etc.

Just because oil goes into Turkey...it doesn't mean 'Turkey' is behind it.

It's all about money and power...destabalising countries....taking territory.... creating terror and fear....and making order from that chaos and fear, to install new laws and enforcements, under the guise of peace and security.

You can throw around links these days and find stories that fit a theory. We could go around in circles...as there is so much contradictory news out there.

Many are happy to just sit back and believe everything the Agenda led main media reports...I prefer not too, and try and find a balanced non agenda led view.

Right...got football to watch ;-)

These terrorists hid behind a relidous ideology. The I.R.A. where "Catholics" Isis etc "Muslims ". Any religion killing his a mortal sin right? The number one commandment!

As spudski has explained it's the people in charge of governments global corporate companies including the media that have the means and agenda to implement and control our every day lives, more than any of us can imagine. 

Believe me if we knew the truth, I'm sure it would shock us to the core. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Someone's been watching Toby in the West Wing

West Wing would have nothing compared to the truth, need to extract head from sand. Truth is there are thousands of Jihadists on mainland Europe right now, just how many are on our shores no one knows but they are here. Complacency with their foe's is what they want,/ need to carry out mass murder , the 'truth' would be far more disturbing than you could imagine, but hey continue to compare this to a fictional drama if you want, but the reality is here and now, last week.  

4 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

West Wing would have nothing compared to the truth, need to extract head from sand. Truth is there are thousands of Jihadists on mainland Europe right now, just how many are on our shores no one knows but they are here. Complacency with their foe's is what they want,/ need to carry out mass murder , the 'truth' would be far more disturbing than you could imagine, but hey continue to compare this to a fictional drama if you want, but the reality is here and now, last week.  

I wonder how you know the figures. Is it a guess?

Or was there a survey?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Can this be moved off the football forum. thanks.

Don't think it should. It was started as a question - like many others - about a football related issue, on a football chat forum. The responses threw up a lot of interesting views, that's discussion, the point of a forum surely. Some I agree with, some I don't. Feel free to give your input on the topic if you like. Hopefully, freedom of speech is still ok here. I would prefer if things were kept on topic, as to my opening post though. Thanks.

14 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

So what do you suggest we do about it? Apart from letting the security agencies get on with their job of trying to stop such atrocities of course.

On 11/21/2015, 8:56:24, archie andrews said:

distinguish between islam and normal muslims and extremists?

I apologise if my sloppy grammar and punctuation has caused some confusion: I wanted simply to suggest there is a distinction between (Islam and normal everyday Muslims) and radical Muslim extremists.

Is this better?

I believe sincerely that we should all endeavour to accept and respect people from other cultures and religions (Islam in this case) who have integrated into our society (or are at least trying to); people you may meet when you are out and about and to whom (hopefully) you say a cheerful Good Morning and even discuss the weather. You may even engage in some ‘banter’ as to whether we might have a white Christmas this year. Don’t be scared, these people have most probably already heard of Christmas and, even if it is not their own holy day, please don’t be surprised if they wish you Season’s Greetings (indeed, they may well even buy presents for their children because, Muslim or otherwise, children are children and, as loving parents, I am sure they wouldn’t want their own children not to enjoy the festive period and to be envious of their neighbours’ children when, for instance, they see them riding their new bicycle on the street outside). You see. They are probably already integrated into our still mainly Christian society, and whilst they may not drink alcohol or eat pork etc. (although, of course, some of them do both), they most certainly respect our right to do so.

If, on the other hand, you should come across someone with a large, shaggy beard, wearing a white thobe and holding a Kalashnikov (AK-47), frothing at the mouth and shouting obscenities and making threats against Christianity, he could quite possibly be an extremist: I agree you should try and avoid engaging in conversation with this type of man and you most certainly should not wish him a Happy Christmas; but I doubt you have met such a man, have you?

But both are Muslims, even though the latter do not represent Islam nor do they speak for the vast majority of Muslims.

So, why not just try and relax; think kindly of the ‘strange’ man you meet in the street rather than mistrust him for no reason: most people in this world are decent people.

Try and apply the same comparison (and I apologise for the totally inappropriate analogy) to Bristol City and their ‘normal everyday’ fans, who perhaps enjoy a pre-match pint with opposing fans; acknowledge good play from the opposition team and even applaud a good goal scored against them; normal, everyday fans who might even wish their victors the best of luck after having been soundly beaten.

Compare these Bristol City fans to those fans who perhaps smash up a pub in Cardiff, thus preventing you driving over the Severn Bridge on a whim to watch your local Anglo/Welsh derby; or smash up a pub in Swindon, a café in Nottingham or even throw bricks at a coach carrying supporters (men, women and children) of an opposing team.

But both are Bristol City fans, even though, in my opinion, the latter do not represent Bristol City and nor do they speak for the vast majority of Bristol City fans: as a Bristol City fan, would you like to be both judged and condemned as a result of the latter fans’ actions or would you argue that the actions of a few deluded idiots (extremists?) should not define the vast majority of normal, decent minded fans.

I am aware that perhaps you; certainly TMOR and no doubt others think I am wrong, but such is my view.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I apologise if my sloppy grammar and punctuation has caused some confusion: I wanted simply to suggest there is a distinction between (Islam and normal everyday Muslims) and radical Muslim extremists.

Is this better?

I believe sincerely that we should all endeavour to accept and respect people from other cultures and religions (Islam in this case) who have integrated into our society (or are at least trying to); people you may meet when you are out and about and to whom (hopefully) you say a cheerful Good Morning and even discuss the weather. You may even engage in some ‘banter’ as to whether we might have a white Christmas this year. Don’t be scared, these people have most probably already heard of Christmas and, even if it is not their own holy day, please don’t be surprised if they wish you Season’s Greetings (indeed, they may well even buy presents for their children because, Muslim or otherwise, children are children and, as loving parents, I am sure they wouldn’t want their own children not to enjoy the festive period and to be envious of their neighbours’ children when, for instance, they see them riding their new bicycle on the street outside). You see. They are probably already integrated into our still mainly Christian society, and whilst they may not drink alcohol or eat pork etc. (although, of course, some of them do both), they most certainly respect our right to do so.

If, on the other hand, you should come across someone with a large, shaggy beard, wearing a white thobe and holding a Kalashnikov (AK-47), frothing at the mouth and shouting obscenities and making threats against Christianity, he could quite possibly be an extremist: I agree you should try and avoid engaging in conversation with this type of man and you most certainly should not wish him a Happy Christmas; but I doubt you have met such a man, have you?

But both are Muslims, even though the latter do not represent Islam nor do they speak for the vast majority of Muslims.

So, why not just try and relax; think kindly of the ‘strange’ man you meet in the street rather than mistrust him for no reason: most people in this world are decent people.

Try and apply the same comparison (and I apologise for the totally inappropriate analogy) to Bristol City and their ‘normal everyday’ fans, who perhaps enjoy a pre-match pint with opposing fans; acknowledge good play from the opposition team and even applaud a good goal scored against them; normal, everyday fans who might even wish their victors the best of luck after having been soundly beaten.

Compare these Bristol City fans to those fans who perhaps smash up a pub in Cardiff, thus preventing you driving over the Severn Bridge on a whim to watch your local Anglo/Welsh derby; or smash up a pub in Swindon, a café in Nottingham or even throw bricks at a coach carrying supporters (men, women and children) of an opposing team.

But both are Bristol City fans, even though, in my opinion, the latter do not represent Bristol City and nor do they speak for the vast majority of Bristol City fans: as a Bristol City fan, would you like to be both judged and condemned as a result of the latter fans’ actions or would you argue that the actions of a few deluded idiots (extremists?) should not define the vast majority of normal, decent minded fans.

I am aware that perhaps you; certainly TMOR and no doubt others think I am wrong, but such is my view.

I think and hope I do not need educating as far as tolerance of each other and different cultures. I embrace difference, and find them fascinating and rewarding. 

However it is with a note of caution to you when I say beware all is not what it seems, especially at this time, these terrorists do not want to stick out like a sore thumb, do they? No, they want to appear normal and integrated, the frothing Muslim Jihadist with a AK 47 is probably the last image you might have of the 'good' Muslim. 

I am guilty perhaps more than most in taking people on face value, it's actually a Bristolian trait, and a great one too, and I suspect a Parisian one also, all I say is that Friday the 13th changed probably changed Paris forever, and if it does make folk more aware and less trusting then so be it.   

I do not condemn the the Muslim faith because of these people, but I am aware also the converting of good Muslims to bad  is a real problem, and it is happening now over here, in your Towns and Cities. Not only do we have to fight them with weapons, but with Hearts and Minds too, it will take time, but we may never win, and I fear it is going to get a whole lot worse.   

Your analogy is quaint when you compare football fans banter to the likes of this Holy War on the Unbelievers vs Us, but remember the other side do actually believe they will go to heaven as a Martyr  alongside 18 virgins, sort of puts Us at a disadvantage would you think?

Thank God we don't have Corbyn at the helm just yet, as much as I want  love and peace my friend, some do not, but opt for death and destruction that is promoted by those sick mad dogs IS. 

Nope, not ready yet to give up our culture, flawed as it is just yet, all I am saying is wake up, because this war is coming to a Town near you. 

6 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

We the general public are the eyes and ears, we are everywhere, can you imagine if only a small number were extra vigilant?

How should I be extra vigilant?

I took my daughter to her friends birthday party today, her family is Muslim. I was talking to the father who runs a local Takeaway. He was moaning that people who order the 'English' items on the menu are a pain and cause him more work than necessary when they do order them. Is this a sign of dissatisfaction with the West? Do you think I should report him to the authorities just in case?

In the end I talked him into just removing those items from his menu as he was just pandering to fussy people. Did I do wrong?

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I took my daughter to her friends birthday party today, her family is Muslim. I was talking to the father who runs a local Takeaway. He was moaning that people who order the 'English' items on the menu are a pain and cause him more work than necessary when they do order them. Is this a sign of dissatisfaction with the West? Do you think I should report him to the authorities just in case?

In the end I talked him into just removing those items from his menu as he was just pandering to fussy people. Did I do wrong?

shine a light........

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I could reply to this but I suppose my answer would end up in a thread about vacuum cleaners.

If you really want to know what I think about malmö just ask. I want it cleansed but don't misquote me by moving a post about something else from another thread! And it wasn't even topic here to begin with.

33 minutes ago, Olympian said:

I could reply to this but I suppose my answer would end up in a thread about vacuum cleaners.

If you really want to know what I think about malmö just ask. I want it cleansed but don't misquote me by moving a post about something else from another thread! And it wasn't even topic here to begin with.

Not quite sure how we got onto Malmo, all I know is that Forest beat them in the 1979 European Cup Final.

Is it dirty there?

Archived