IGNORED

Inside south stand

Coombsy

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just been to the ground and seen it - wow.

Looks amazing and 10 times better than the little screens in the Dolman. 100% Bristol City too.

I do have a pic but agree with @phantom that we shouldn't spoil the fun for those attending Saturday. 

I have stumbled across the personal sex dvds of various  A list celebrities including Mariah Carey, Posh Spice. J-Lo and Esther Rantzen. 

I too will hold back from spoiling the surprise before Saturday.

However, if anyone wants to do an advance swap for South Stand pics, PM me now.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who came up with the stats on the 'player boards'??

On the Gerry Gow one it says he won promotion with us in 1983/4.

He was playing for Burnley in 1983...

I noticed that but it appears that along the bottom of the boards there is a timeline of our cups and promotions that is not directly related to the players shown on the boards and is meant be read separately. Looks great though doesn't it?

2 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

I noticed that but it appears that along the bottom of the boards there is a timeline of our cups and promotions that is not directly related to the players shown on the boards and is meant be read separately. Looks great though doesn't it?

No, not sure I agree with that. On each 'player board' it says what we won while they played for us. On Gow's it says he won promotion in 1983/4 but he wasn't playing for us then, he was at Burnley...

12 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Apologies, yeh it does still look great! The stadium is coming together nicely, just wish the 'on pitch' stuff was progressing as well as the 'off pitch' infrastructure...

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looks fantastic, don't like the Dolman legends parade though. Looks a bit naff. South Stand decor is absolutely brilliant though. Well done.

Completely 100% agree. The Dolman ceilings looks tacky, especially with the ceiling tiles in there - it detracts away from the quality finish of the rest of the Dolman internals.

The South Stand looks fantastic and they should look to replicate a similar design through the middle of the v shaped Dolman ceiling.

Would be nice if they could put some of that black perspex all the way along with seamless tv screens embedded into it or maybe some other lighting effect.

If they want pictures of sports stars, I think it would look better with them printed onto banners rather than little squares inside ceiling tiles.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, not sure I agree with that. On each 'player board' it says what we won while they played for us. On Gow's it says he won promotion in 1983/4 but he wasn't playing for us then, he was at Burnley...

Got a feeling @Southstandoriginal is right... If you look at Scrumpy's pictures below, the Gerry Gow one says he was with us from 1969-81 (correct) and won promotion in 1976 (also correct). Then on the timeline at the bottom, you can see on Murray's one that it has us winning the Football League Trophy in 85/86, and promotion in 89/90, despite him not being with us for either. So think the timeline is a separate feature that runs along all the boards, and while the period it covers on each player's board does coincide with their time here, it's not specifically linked.

15 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Really like the SS ceiling display.

Club and city heritage is always welcome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 minute ago, RedYoshi said:

Got a feeling @Southstandoriginal is right... If you look at Scrumpy's pictures below, the Gerry Gow one says he was with us from 1969-81 (correct) and won promotion in 1976 (also correct). Then on the timeline at the bottom, you can see on Murray's one that it has us winning the Football League Trophy in 85/86, and promotion in 89/90, despite him not being with us for either. So think the timeline is a separate feature that runs along all the boards, and while the period it covers on each player's board does coincide with their time here, it's not specifically linked.

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

Did wonder how someone would have made such an error! It isn't obvious that the honours on each players' board don't apply to them though.

Cheers...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

Did wonder how someone would have made such an error! It isn't obvious that the honours on each players' board don't apply to them though.

Cheers...

Yeah it's not the clearest. The gaps between each board don't help the continuity of the timeline - they could've included a highlighted bit on the timeline for each player or something like that, might've helped.

Still, looks mightily impressive, and I look forward to seeing it in the "flesh" (in the "board"?!) next time I'm back.

Is it Wedlock, Guy, Atyeo, Gow, Murray, Carey, and Elliott, yeah?

46 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have to make sure we never ever win anything again though. No room.

I'm sure if we ever win promotion to the promised land we will take down the club crest and squeeze it in some how. Infact there is a whole area of ceiling between the Dolman and South Stand as it curves round that is waiting for our promotion pictures!

Archived