IGNORED

Tarrabt

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What concerns me is the type of player who would want to come to a struggling second division side .

We are in a much worse negotiating position than the summer .

Agents will know we are desperate and are n't in the business to help the buying clubs but to maximise the deal for their clients .

This window will be make or break  for City .

I agree with you major. Perhaps City will have to go for players like Taarabt - i e those whose career has gone off the rails a bit and who want to play first team football again. Risky strategy as we could get a bargain or we could get a dud. 

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What concerns me is the type of player who would want to come to a struggling second division side .

Agents will know we are desperate and are n't in the business to help the buying clubs but to maximise the deal for their clients .

Hopefully we will be operating in a different market. Functional players this window please, stuff the £9m vanity targets (I realise how that sounds out of context...)

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I agree with you major. Perhaps City will have to go for players like Taarabt - i e those whose career has gone off the rails a bit and who want to play first team football again. Risky strategy as we could get a bargain or we could get a dud. 

Well according to this http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-stars-65k-a-week-wages-set-7357808 he was on well over £2m a year over a year ago...could be a stumbling block!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I share your concern.  The summer was a complete failure and we are a less attractive proposition than we were then, while the wage limitations remain.  Any permanent signing now would have to accept the now-increased risk of dropping into League One at the end of the season, or having to find another club in 5 months.  It doesn't bode well.

3 hours ago, Super said:

I can hardly wait till Jan and 31 days of transfer rumours...

You are obviously a bit late with that my friend.....

"Creeping Transfer rumours" are akin to "Creeping Christmas"......     Christmas now starts around end of October likewise our January transfer rumours start around September....   sometimes even before the summer window is even closed !

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here he is taking an abysmal corner for the reserves couple of days ago: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/adel-taarabt-reminds-everyone-why-qpr-released-him-with-dreadful-corner-for-benfica-reserves-a6764531.html

Hasn't even played for Benfica since being there.

If he's not good enough for Benfica then why would we want him.?!

People keep banging on about Jet, who I agree was a great talent when he wanted to be. Can someone please tell me if his contract was up? and if he wanted to move back to London?

Because the way some people go on, you would of thought the club had put a gun to his head and told him to run for his life.

7 hours ago, alexukhc said:

When he joined Benfica he signed a 5 year deal, so can't be cheap

Not at all, from everything I've read, Benfica would be happy to drive, fly, or carry this clown to anyone who will have him. Benfica have a great scouting network but they occasionally just buy someone who is apparently out of favour and under valued in a big league. Like this waster. These are routinely hit and miss and in this case, spectacular miss.

12 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

People keep banging on about Jet, who I agree was a great talent when he wanted to be. Can someone please tell me if his contract was up? and if he wanted to move back to London?

Because the way some people go on, you would of thought the club had put a gun to his head and told him to run for his life.

I thought his contract was up and would imagine qpr would offer more money and of course are where he's from. But whatever the reasons for him leaving, I'm glad we havent got him. He plays well against rubbish teams and when he feels like it. Imagine his lack of effort for us this season. We need a team of players fighting to keep us in this league. With JET at times it was like playing with 10 men. He didn't even chase balls when coming on and fresh. A liability.

56 minutes ago, Jonbristol said:

I thought his contract was up and would imagine qpr would offer more money and of course are where he's from. But whatever the reasons for him leaving, I'm glad we havent got him. He plays well against rubbish teams and when he feels like it. Imagine his lack of effort for us this season. We need a team of players fighting to keep us in this league. With JET at times it was like playing with 10 men. He didn't even chase balls when coming on and fresh. A liability.

Because we're doing so well with a team of grafters at the moment arnt we!

At this level you need something a bit more than someone prepared to run after every lost ball for a clap off the fans, 

JET is a great footballer and I will never be convinced we were right in not offering a contract 

7 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Because we're doing so well with a team of grafters at the moment arnt we!

At this level you need something a bit more than someone prepared to run after every lost ball for a clap off the fans, 

JET is a great footballer and I will never be convinced we were right in not offering a contract 

Does anyone know we didn't offer a contract however ? Yes he was released but personally I get the feeling what JET wanted and what we were prepared to offer was light years apart.

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Not at all, from everything I've read, Benfica would be happy to drive, fly, or carry this clown to anyone who will have him. Benfica have a great scouting network but they occasionally just buy someone who is apparently out of favour and under valued in a big league. Like this waster. These are routinely hit and miss and in this case, spectacular miss.

I still can't see us getting him though, prob end up at Celtic or something, big team, can pay the wages, will score loads and a shite league

1 hour ago, Jonbristol said:

Congratulations on the biggest load of bollocks I've read on this site in a long time. Really some achievement. 

2 hours ago, Jonbristol said:

Absolute rubbish, JET is one of the most talented players I've ever seen in a city shirt. The lack of effort thing is a myth, do you really think SC would have tolerated a lack of effort? I bet you don't rate Marlon Pack either, thought Lee Johnson was rubbish and didn't like Trundle's "fancy flicks" and wished he'd "close his man down"!

On 12/9/2015 at 21:47, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

May be absolutely nothing, but seems like we've been linked with him. If anyone can read whatever language this is, what does it say? 

https://twitter.com/pucelafichajes/status/674661241894367232

In 'My Opinion' this is laughable..... £50k a week at Benfica, think that's enough said.

On 11/12/2015 at 07:55, bearded_red said:

Congratulations on the biggest load of bollocks I've read on this site in a long time. Really some achievement. 

He was behind wilbs and agard in the pecking order last season. So would be 4th choice striker this season behind 2 that are considered by most to not be up to it. So I'd rather have better than that.

On 11/12/2015 at 08:12, Phileas Fogg said:

Absolute rubbish, JET is one of the most talented players I've ever seen in a city shirt. The lack of effort thing is a myth, do you really think SC would have tolerated a lack of effort? I bet you don't rate Marlon Pack either, thought Lee Johnson was rubbish and didn't like Trundle's "fancy flicks" and wished he'd "close his man down"!

No I don't rate pack. Not sure what that has to do with saying jet didnt put effort in. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

From a tribal football article quoted on qprdotorg.  Sounds the likeliest outcome; well-paid cushy life for him.

The midfielder has offers from the Middle East and Benfica officials believe a move to Asia will be his most likely next destination.

Exactly. He'll be in the Saudi League or Chinese. Think he'd be a good draw for the MLS as well. Don't see him dropping to a second division in any country if I'm honest. Doesn't come across as that type of person. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Exactly. He'll be in the Saudi League or Chinese. Think he'd be a good draw for the MLS as well. Don't see him dropping to a second division in any country if I'm honest. Doesn't come across as that type of person. 

He strikes me as the type who could start a fight in an empty room so I wouldn`t want him anywhere near AG

Archived