IGNORED

Tarrabt

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here he is taking an abysmal corner for the reserves couple of days ago: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/adel-taarabt-reminds-everyone-why-qpr-released-him-with-dreadful-corner-for-benfica-reserves-a6764531.html

Hasn't even played for Benfica since being there.

Well, we do have some spare chairs by the dug out.

I speak a little Spanish and have tried translating, so please correct if wrong. Some of the comments are similar to those City fans express on here about potential signings.

imposible que un jugador como este venga aquí. = impossible for a player like him to come here.

Por muy mal que este yo creo que puede optar a algún equipo mejor que el nuestro o que le pague más... = I can't believe a big club like us signing him.

se habla del futbol asiático por temas de dinero. = he'll go to the Asians for the money.

se ha preguntado a su representante. Hasta el momento solo eso. Además el futbolista no está convencido de jugar en segunda = he's spoken to his Agent. He doesn't think he should be playing for the seconds (reserves).

13 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Why the hell would he come here, madness.

weve just got rid of JET who was settled and arguably a pivotal player who If was still here would be almost definitely help us out of the shit shower were deep in.

I know it's all done now but what a shame he's not here. Would certainly give Freeman something to think about I think he's click with Kodjia as a strike partner.

Maybe if JFH doesn't pick him either he'd be available for loan :whistle:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I seem to remember man Utd were going to pay around  £12 million for him a few years back. He then threw a tantrum about being substituted or something and the deal was called off. Anyway he's a fantastic talent when he wants to be and if he did sign and sc could get the best out of him could be a big big player for us. 

44 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Word from the Bristol Sport club shop, is that they over ordered the letter 'a' for shirt printing and are looking at ways to shift them.

Sadly, attempts to sign an aardvark failed due to personal terms.

Andre Andre must be worth a shout

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Andr%C3%A9

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Why the hell would he come here, madness.

weve just got rid of JET who was settled and arguably a pivotal player who If was still here would be almost definitely help us out of the shit shower were deep in.

I've long wondered whether there's managerial regrets about letting him and Cunningham go, given the Summer that followed.  I personally don't think the club had the faintest idea how tough the market was going to be when those decisions were taken.  

Of course, I suspect this would only be admitted when Steve Cotterill is a very old man!

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Basically we've asked Benfica about possibly signing Taarabt.

Some Asian clubs too. Link here:http://rumoresfichajespucela.blogspot.com.es/2015/12/el-real-valladolid-y-el-bristol-city.html

Looks Portuguese @Olé ?

That is in Spanish. Taarabt has been an utter failure at Benfica and last week the Portuguese papers said he's been told he can find a new club in January and doesn't figure in anyone's plans. He's already been dropped to the B team and the papers said he's had disciplinary issues too. He was decent for QPR but clearly a waster given opportunity at Benfica.

And to the poster suggesting André André - behave! I wouldn't want a dirty Portista playing for City, but this bloke has had a monster start at Porto, is one of the hottest prospects in Portugal, scored some crucial goals and broken into the national team. Since everyone is mentioning unrealistic targets in Portugal, let me use the thread to make this bet:

Renato Sanches, an 18 year old Portuguese midfielder who had just broken into Benfica's first team, will be one of the top 5 players in the world in the next five years. He's like a cross between Ronaldino and Viera, I've never seen a more complete 18 year old footballer in my life, Chelsea or Man Utd will sign him by next summer at the latest - guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Olé said:

Renato Sanches, an 18 year old Portuguese midfielder who had just broken into Benfica's first team, will be one of the top 5 players in the world in the next five years. He's like a cross between Ronaldino and Viera, I've never seen a more complete 18 year old footballer in my life, Chelsea or Man Utd will sign him by next summer at the latest - guaranteed.

Sounds interesting, though what you mean is Chelsea or Man Utd will sign him, not play him, sit him on the bench for three years whilst his talent dwindles before eventually selling him to someone like West Brom?!

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Here he is taking an abysmal corner for the reserves couple of days ago: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/adel-taarabt-reminds-everyone-why-qpr-released-him-with-dreadful-corner-for-benfica-reserves-a6764531.html

Hasn't even played for Benfica since being there.

He should fit right in ...

6 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I've long wondered whether there's managerial regrets about letting him and Cunningham go, given the Summer that followed.  I personally don't think the club had the faintest idea how tough the market was going to be when those decisions were taken.  

Of course, I suspect this would only be admitted when Steve Cotterill is a very old man!

Yet every City fan said don't worry , the club have obviously got replacements in the bag because it would be madness to let them go otherwise ! 

Fills me with confidence !!!

1 hour ago, Super said:

I can hardly wait till Jan and 31 days of transfer rumours...

What concerns me is the type of player who would want to come to a struggling second division side .

We are in a much worse negotiating position than the summer .

Agents will know we are desperate and are n't in the business to help the buying clubs but to maximise the deal for their clients .

This window will be make or break  for City .

Archived