IGNORED

George Ferguson (Merged many times)

And Its Smith

Well it looks as though Germany might be on the verge of re-introducing border controls, surely not, as they are unable to cope with the flood of migrants. One can only say they, or rather Merkel, have brought it upon themselves.

Nigel of course has been right all along on this issue. In this interview he nails it again, although the clip should be re-titled along the lines of 'a voice of reason in the madhouse'.

Labour have put up Marvin Rees, who lost last time. He seems to hav the charisma of a soggy lettuce.

The Lib Dems have been devestated by operation Yewtree I think. No longer credible.

The Greens may well put up our friend and failed parliamentary candidate Tony Dyer.  Given that senior Greens are backing 'ole Red Trousers,I don't think that bodes well for their campaign.

The Tories? You have more chance of meeting an honest journalist than them winning.

I'm afraid that he's highly likely to win. His policies will have been popular with those that actually go out and vote.  The turn out last time was tiny.

Labour have put up Marvin Rees, who lost last time. He seems to hav the charisma of a soggy lettuce.

The Lib Dems have been devestated by operation Yewtree I think. No longer credible.

The Greens may well put up our friend and failed parliamentary candidate Tony Dyer.  Given that senior Greens are backing 'ole Red Trousers,I don't think that bodes well for their campaign.

The Tories? You have more chance of meeting an honest journalist than them winning.

I'm afraid that he's highly likely to win. His policies will have been popular with those that actually go out and vote.  The turn out last time was tiny.

I thought Marvin Rees was very good last time, got my vote anyway even though I've never voted Labour before. Infact if he had been an Independent last time too I think he would now be Mayor. I really doubt if a George will be re elected and deep down he knows this and is trying to have his time in the limelight right now. 

With Merkel's grand plan already in tatters, most of Europe's borders  in lockdown, reports of Isis members amongst the migrants and allegations that the father of the poor little boy whose body was washed up on a Turkish beach, the terrible image that sparked the rush to open the borders and let the migrants loose, might have actually been one of the traffickers, at least Cameron's much derided stance is proving to be the sensible one, let's check exactly who we are letting in for a change.

Well it looks as though Germany might be on the verge of re-introducing border controls, surely not, as they are unable to cope with the flood of migrants. One can only say they, or rather Merkel, have brought it upon themselves.

Nigel of course has been right all along on this issue. In this interview he nails it again, although the clip should be re-titled along the lines of 'a voice of reason in the madhouse'.

Oh god, I despise the 'Farage is always spot on' comments.  What he is saying isn't bloody rocket science, he is just making soundbites that will appease his parties target voters (Use your imagination who most of them are). 

If he had any power in this country; eventually his policies would oppress his own voters, he is further to the right than the tories. He is funded by businessmen who dodge tax, move their businesses overseas and they will be looking for him to return the favour.

Impossible to know for certain - But I strongly suspect that Farage doesn't actually care about immigration into this country.  His mate and the guy who bankrolled his election campaign is married to a Russian immigrant for starters.

Its no coincidence that whenever there is anything in the news regarding migrants his smug face pops up on every channel under the sun.  Its working very effectively for him.

Open. Your. Eyes.

With Merkel's grand plan already in tatters, most of Europe's borders  in lockdown, reports of Isis members amongst the migrants and allegations that the father of the poor little boy whose body was washed up on a Turkish beach, the terrible image that sparked the rush to open the borders and let the migrants loose, might have actually been one of the traffickers, at least Cameron's much derided stance is proving to be the sensible one, let's check exactly who we are letting in for a change.

Even the Pope is now recognizing the problem with jihadists. Nigel of course nailed it months and months ago. Why Farage is demonized to such an extent for talking sound common sense is totally beyond my comprehension. Merkel is at last being exposed and as I said before should take some of the responsibility for the deaths in the Med after giving them the green light. The pro-EU enthusiasts have gone strangely silent, no doubt their answer would be more Europe, closer integration, an EU army and navy (how I was lambasted on here for suggesting that was the plan)  basically digging a deeper hole.

Oh god, I despise the 'Farage is always spot on' comments.  What he is saying isn't bloody rocket science, he is just making soundbites that will appease his parties target voters (Use your imagination who most of them are). 

If he had any power in this country; eventually his policies would oppress his own voters, he is further to the right than the tories. He is funded by businessmen who dodge tax, move their businesses overseas and they will be looking for him to return the favour.

Impossible to know for certain - But I strongly suspect that Farage doesn't actually care about immigration into this country.  His mate and the guy who bankrolled his election campaign is married to a Russian immigrant for starters.

Its no coincidence that whenever there is anything in the news regarding migrants his smug face pops up on every channel under the sun.  Its working very effectively for him.

Open. Your. Eyes.

Nigel is a cock, but you always dodge the difficult questions, open your eyes Merkel's stupidity has caused this and now they cannot cope and will undoubtedly will pay a heavy price.

Open. Your. Eyes.

As a man who left the Tory party after Maastricht to dedicating his career to fighting for the sovereignty of his nation I think he cares more for his country than you can possibly imagine.

I don't think I have dodged questions at all.

You attack Farage who has no power, but not a word on Merkel who's great idea this all was, an idea that now has most of Europe especially eastern Europe arguing with each other and you cannot see this ending badly?.

PS:- But hopefully not for the UK, thanks to Cameron.

You attack Farage who has no power, but not a word on Merkel who's great idea this all was, an idea that now has most of Europe especially eastern Europe arguing with each other and you cannot see this ending badly?.

PS:- But hopefully not for the UK, thanks to Cameron

Thanks to Cameron? Jeez, what planet are you guys on?! The whole thing has been terribly organized from day 1.  Cameron and other leaders have come to the party way too late so I am afraid they are going to have to take some criticism as well.

Germany when out on a limb when nobody else was doing anything.  I find it difficult to point my finger at a particular event or person at this moment.

Thanks to Cameron? Jeez, what planet are you guys on?! The whole thing has been terribly organized from day 1.  Cameron and other leaders have come to the party way too late so I am afraid they are going to have to take some criticism as well.

Germany when out on a limb when nobody else was doing anything.  I find it difficult to point my finger at a particular event or person at this moment.

FFS the dozy bint opened Pandora's box without reading the instructions and mainland Europe will end up paying the consequences for her arrogance, I bet she is about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool at the moment with her neighbours and it will not end well IMO.

At least Cameron could see that and his measured approach of 20,000 from existing refugee camps over 5 years is a sensible and safe one for the UK, she has just carried out her own Dambuster's raid and mainland Europe is flooding.

That's probably because Farage called it correctly and any person who has a centrist or left wing agenda, out of principle, just won't be able to admit that!

The 'media whores' were out in force when this exploded, seeing an opportunity to gain personal popularity on the back of a knee jerk public reaction. Good leaders make considered judgements, analyse and consider the repercussions of their actions. The 'open the borders/welcome them all' brigade have exacerbated the problem and are going to accelerate the misery and loss of life of migrants.

Can't wait for the moment a bloke and his wife and their 10 children turn up on George's doorstep asking him to put them up rent free for an unlimited period.

Interesting dilema now for the pacifists like our new labour leader. One assumes he'll be joining hands around IS with like minded people singing hippy songs and handing out flowers. While, in principle, I'm 100% in favour of pacifism and detest wars ( e.g. shouldn't have gone anywhere near Iraq), I think Corbyn will soon find that unless the other side are also pacifists, he will be as much use as chocolate tea pot. In practice, I wonder if Hitler would have stopped invading countries if the inhabitants either 1) ran away or 2) said they were all pacifists? Doubt it myself.

?

I can think of two countries, namely Iran and Saudi Arabia.

These two nations should have done what Germany did some months ago. Iran should have opened it's doors to Shia refugees, and Saudi Arabia should have done the same for Sunnis .

The journeys would have been (relatively) short, and the refugees would have remained comparatively close to their own nation, Syria.

Both nations are far better equipped to support the refugees than Lebanon and Jordan are. 

Easy return for them to Syria when Islamofascist State is finally beaten.

Except at Cameron and Farage of course.

That's probably because Farage called it correctly and any person who has a centrist or left wing agenda, out of principle, just won't be able to admit that!

The 'media whores' were out in force when this exploded, seeing an opportunity to gain personal popularity on the back of a knee jerk public reaction. Good leaders make considered judgements, analyse and consider the repercussions of their actions. The 'open the borders/welcome them all' brigade have exacerbated the problem and are going to accelerate the misery and loss of life of migrants.

Can't wait for the moment a bloke and his wife and their 10 children turn up on George's doorstep asking him to put them up rent free for an unlimited period.

Interesting dilema now for the pacifists like our new labour leader. One assumes he'll be joining hands around IS with like minded people singing hippy songs and handing out flowers. While, in principle, I'm 100% in favour of pacifism and detest wars ( e.g. shouldn't have gone anywhere near Iraq), I think Corbyn will soon find that unless the other side are also pacifists, he will be as much use as chocolate tea pot. In practice, I wonder if Hitler would have stopped invading countries if the inhabitants either 1) ran away or 2) said they were all pacifists? Doubt it myself.

?

it'll never happen, he will hold interviews, sorry no a minion will hold interviews until a suitable middle class white collar educated migrant family is found, it's a publicity stunt he's already in re-election mode, that's why the sudden interest in the gas as well.

They should have listened to Nigel many moons ago. Still it all follows the normal pattern. Nigel talks common sense, is hammered in the press and by other parties until months later they move towards the UKIP policy. I give you as an exhibit Labour's bright red ''Controls on Immigration'' pre-election mug.

They should have listened to Nigel many moons ago. Still it all follows the normal pattern. Nigel talks common sense, is hammered in the press and by other parties until months later they move towards the UKIP policy. I give you as an exhibit Labour's bright red ''Controls on Immigration'' pre-election mug.

Ha, Ha, Ha a collectors item now with the new leader, perhaps a coronation mug?.

I highly doubt that your spiritual king has been the only one to suggest such a thing.  Granted, Labour introduced the policy to try and get votes for traditional Tory or UKIP voters - It didn't work.

I attacked Cameron because Esmond made out that he had acted like he was some kind of saint in this process which is ridiculous.

I highly doubt that your spiritual king has been the only one to suggest such a thing.  Granted, Labour introduced the policy to try and get votes for traditional Tory or UKIP voters - It didn't work.

I attacked Cameron because Esmond made out that he had acted like he was some kind of saint in this process which is ridiculous.

Stop making things up Colis, I merely pointed out that his softly softly approach, has turned out to be the correct thing to do, instead of the liberal knee jerking and Merkel's 'look at me' policies.

Your problem is your one eyed and anybody who doesn't support labour must be a tory, some people chose to support nobody in particular and only give credit where it's due and even that isn't very often and usually grudgingly.

Stop making things up Colis, I merely pointed out that his softly softly approach, has turned out to be the correct thing to do, instead of the liberal knee jerking and Merkel's 'look at me' policies.

Your problem is your one eyed and anybody who doesn't support labour must be a tory, some people chose to support nobody in particular and only give credit where it's due and even that isn't very often and usually grudgingly.

Apologies - on a second read of your post I think I have somewhat overreacted. I don't think my views are not as rigid as you think.  I have no time for Cameron or Farage though, obviously!

Apologies - on a second read of your post I think I have somewhat overreacted. I don't think my views are not as rigid as you think.  I have no time for Cameron or Farage though, obviously!

Here's the thing Colis, I am glad that for the first time since Blair reared his ugly head, there is now clear water between the 2 main parties and the next election will be about policies and not personalities.

Do I think Corbyn can win?, not a chance IMO, 5 years is a long time for him not to show his true colours about his disdain of our armed forces or embrace "our friends from Hamas and Hezbollah", he does not have anywhere close to majority support of his own parliamentary party and already pissed off most of his female MP's, as with the tories I foresee the odd rebellion during the next 5 years and he will vote against absolutely everything put forward by the tories.

Nah - Big Business and Government love immigration.

A thought experiment - remove from the UK say 3-5 million of the immigrants from the last 10 years and what do you have? Temporary chaos in some sectors (maybe - fewer taxi drivers in Rotherham), sudden glut of school places, massively reduced NHS waiting lists (and maybe a temporary shortage of medical staff), a cut in the Benefits bill (on the basis that a good proportion of that 3-5 million will be on the dole), homelessness eradicated, increase in wages in some sectors maybe leading to fewer at food banks? Keep non-European immigration below 2-3% of the population. Couple that with policies to encourage the birth rate up to 2.4.  What a lovely society that could be.

Is this really a thought experiment or the daily mail / nigel farages greatest scaremongering hits?

Here are some actual facts for you, I can source them all if you wish:

Immigrants are roughly 4.5% of our population, but are only responsible for 2% of NHS expenditure - in fact British expats cost more than them per head... whoops! "Health tourism" is in total 0.06% of our NHS budget as of then end of 2014. And this is ALL immigrants here, not just recent ones - most immigrants who come here are young and healthy don't forget.

However, your "temporary shortage of medical staff" is in fact over a THIRD of our current doctors. 2% of NHS expenditure, 1/3 of our doctors? Hmm.

If you're an immigrant, you have around a 23% chance of claiming benefits at some point if you arrived after the year 2000. If you're a UK national they have a 40% chance. In fact every year the vast majority of immigrants come here for work - there are around 5 million benefit claimants (of all types) here each year. Of these, just over 131,000 (or 2.5% ish) are immigrants, and only 65k of these are on actual jobseeker's allowance. Amusingly, around 2.5% of Britons living abroad in other EU countries claim unemployment benefits.

People aren't at food banks because johnny foreigner has snapped up his job, you can't honestly believe that. The sad thing is that anyone in this country is in such a crap situation they are having to claim emergency food - not where they came from.

Additionally, this whole thing seems to misunderstand or just forget the fact that there IS a difference between a refugee and an immigrant. Or people just use it as an excuse to repeat the same anti-everyone rhetoric. Nigel talks no sense, he spouts nonsense and throws blame around which is very easy to do when you have no power and don't actually have to act on any of your words - the lib dems made a party out of doing just that after all. If you really believe deporting 10% of the countries population based on where they came from will sort this current mess out then and turn this into a "lovely society" I don't know what to say.

I'm sure if Mr Farage were on here now he'd blame the forums recent slow loading speed on the millions of foreigners using the internet in this country, just like his motorway trips!

Archived