IGNORED

George Ferguson (Merged many times)

And Its Smith

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not so sure it is all one-sided. I don't think the evidence is there to support BB's contention that Muslims are invading Europe to rape all our women and kill us, but I think you do get some coverage of the anti-immigration backlash. Certainly, if we take this Cyprus case as an example, I don't think TV coverage of angry wannabe migrants reflects them very well. My post highlighted that it was only a few dozen at most playing up. If anything the clash has been overcooked.

Above all I contest the received wisdom that the entire media is in the hands of "bleeding heart liberals". When you look at BBC, ITN and Sky News management that assertion can't really be supported. And the biggest circulation papers are the Mail and the Sun.

The first part of your reply is not what I said or indeed believe, I am not suggesting that in the slightest, my point is when has there once been a negative piece on our TV screens?, when we know that it is happening and some videos are being edited to either make sure they do not show all young fit males or to deliberately shed a different light on what actually happened, just nothing negative at all, even the French TV are now picking up on the frustrations and anger of people trying to help and showing the negative side.

Just one other point, believe me when I say that the RAF police and indeed the RAF regiment are more than capable of dealing with 60 odd stroppy male refugees, but please don't think it is job that they are happy to be doing in the same way as the police in Germany and Eastern Europe, because they know they cannot win, especially with the creative editing ALA Hungary.

it seems to me that far too many of these fit young males want to be waited on hand, foot and finger.

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The first part of your reply is not what I said or indeed believe, I am not suggesting that in the slightest, my point is when has there once been a negative piece on our TV screens?, when we know that it is happening and some videos are being edited to either make sure they do not show all young fit males or to deliberately shed a different light on what actually happened, just nothing negative at all, even the French TV are now picking up on the frustrations and anger of people trying to help and showing the negative side.

Just one other point, believe me when I say that the RAF police and indeed the RAF regiment are more than capable of dealing with 60 odd stroppy male refugees, but please don't think it is job that they are happy to be doing in the same way as the police in Germany and Eastern Europe, because they know they cannot win, especially with the creative editing ALA Hungary.

it seems to me that far too many of these fit young males want to be waited on hand, foot and finger.

Yep I'd agree with your last bit.

Re the first bit, I'm not sure there is some sort of conspiracy to edit videos selectively. See any report shot of "the jungle" outside Calais and ytou see little other than youngish blokes. Of course, youngish blokes are the most able to make the journey which can be, but not always is, very harsh. 

I don't know about that railway track video you mention. That must've been in the news when I was on holiday. 

Incidentally, this is one of the few issues I'd agree with D Cameron on. There is no magic "humane" number of refugees you can take. If you set it at 100,000, what about the 100,001 poor sod! as there are 7 million Syrians who have fled the conflict, there is no question that the Eu - let alone England its most densely populated major nation - can take them all. And of course, I haven't added Iraqis and Afghans to that number! The solution can only be in alleviating the conditions of refugees in neighbouring countries and trying to get the  a peaceful solution.

6 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Leaving aside the politics of the situation for a second, I think this is quite a novel campaign to help fund projects making life a little more tolerable for those refugees still in and around Syria. You get a book, Oxfam gets some money to help work in camps 

https://www.waterstones.com/page/buy-books-for-syria/409

I like that idea very novel.

But back to politics I see George Ferguson has put his red trousers into the Bristol clothes collection for refugees, I can't see any self respecting refugee wanting to wear those embarrassing strides, look out for them on the next refugee bonfire.

Some of you may not like reading big brother's posts on here, but it's an eye opener for a lot of items that the msm simply won't show. It's terrible whoever commits the crime.

Everyone is equal but some are more equal than others. 

Recent example, whether bb has put it on here I do not know. The white Swedish school boy that stabbed people in his school the other week. Terrible crime and it was rightly all over the world's news within an hour..... Now how many people were aware of a Lee rigby style beheading of a mother and her son in a Swedish Ikea by someone of a certain religious background back in August???. Mind you, the police in Sweden took the CCTV and confiscated phones of people in the store and the government tried to put a ban on anyone reporting it. If it wasn't for social media, i would not have known about it. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I like that idea very novel.

But back to politics I see George Ferguson has put his red trousers into the Bristol clothes collection for refugees, I can't see any self respecting refugee wanting to wear those embarrassing strides, look out for them on the next refugee bonfire.

That probably depends how many ageing hipster achitect ******* there are amongst the refugees

1 hour ago, Big Brother said:

Speaking of truth ... here's Pat telling it like it is.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c6/Rape_rate_per_100%2C000_-_country_comparison_-_United_Nations_2012.png

This is probably the favorite chart of any anti-immigration activist on the internet. It clearly shows that, as a result of Sweden's liberal immigration policy and overly humane refugee acceptance, the country has now become a hellscape where blue-eyed women are raped daily by Muslims and blacks. As much so that now there are more per capita rapes in Sweden than in Bolivia.

There are two major problems with these statistics.

I. "In Sweden there has been this ambition explicitly to record every case of sexual violence separately, to make it visible in the statistics," according to Klara Selin, a sociologist at the National Council for Crime Prevention in Stockholm. "So, for instance, when a woman comes to the police and she says my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record - one victim, one type of crime, one record."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

This technical note renders this whole comparison meaningless, but let's go further, because the second point is more interesting.

II. As everyone who has ever studied criminology knows, in the case of rape, there is insane latency rates. If there is willingness to report rape, the number will skyrocket in any country. In countries where rape remains associated with a strong taboo and a high level of shame, the propensity to report such offences probably tends to be lower than in countries characterized by a higher level of sexual equality. The findings of the 2000 International Crime Victims Survey indicate that the respondents' satisfaction with the police is above average in Sweden. Sweden has also been ranked number one in sexual equality.

In addition, there is also the issue of the broad legal definition of rape in Sweden.

If you are going to assess how much of a hellscape Sweden has become as a result of immigration based on a single piece of statistical data, I advise using another violent crime where latency is significantly lower; just to be one step closer to the truth, if that matters at all. There is the murder rate, for example:

863px-Map_of_world_by_intentional_homici

Stolen from Reddit

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

That probably depends how many ageing hipster achitect ******* there are amongst the refugees

Unless there is cash, mobile phone or play station left in the pockets, nobody will want them believe me.

Although I wouldn't put it past the attention seeking publicity whore to turn up at Calais to pay a refugee for a photo op, before they go onto the bonfire.

16 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Some of you may not like reading big brother's posts on here, but it's an eye opener for a lot of items that the msm simply won't show. It's terrible whoever commits the crime.

Recent example, whether bb has put it on here I do not know. The white Swedish school boy that stabbed people in his school the other week. Terrible crime and it was rightly all over the world's news within an hour..... Now how many people were aware of a Lee rigby style beheading of a mother and her son in a Swedish Ikea by someone of a certain religious background back in August???. Mind you, the police in Sweden took the CCTV and confiscated phones of people in the store and the government tried to put a ban on anyone reporting it. If it wasn't for social media, i would not have known about it. 

It was on the news. You may have missed it.

Was there a religious/racial motivation in this case? It hasn't come to court yet.

The main suspect is an Eritrean. A country with a Coptic Christian majority.

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It was on the news. You may have missed it.

Was there a religious/racial motivation in this case? It hasn't come to court yet.

The main suspect is an Eritrean. A country with a Coptic Christian majority.

Must have done. I don't remember sky news, BBC, itv, channel 4 mentioning anything to do with it. Not I'm comparison to what we saw at the school a few weeks back

Only ever saw it on twitter with a few YouTube videos at the time.

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Must have done. I don't remember sky news, BBC, itv, channel 4 mentioning anything to do with it. Not I'm comparison to what we saw at the school a few weeks back

Only ever saw it on twitter with a few YouTube videos at the time.

I read it on BBC news website. It was quite prominent I think because of the familiarity of Ikea. Didn't know they were beheading. Story didn't say that.

No doubt we'll learn a bit more about it from the court case. Sweden is one of those odd countries like Germany where the police and prosecutors release virtually no details before court - and I think even there they  withhold the criminals' surnames, even if they are convicted!

9 hours ago, The Batman said:

Here you are http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33905334

That's one of at least 4 stories they ran on it, this one detailing how he'd just been told he was being deported from liberal old, let-anyone-in Sweden. I can't comment on his religion though as I've yet to find an article able to confirm it

Hand on heart though (and I suspect this is chance more than media-design) I'd heard nothing of the school stabbing. Perhaps I need to diversify my media consumption

9 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Unless there is cash, mobile phone or play station left in the pockets, nobody will want them believe me.

Although I wouldn't put it past the attention seeking publicity whore to turn up at Calais to pay a refugee for a photo op, before they go onto the bonfire.

I think we can agree that Lord Red Pants is a prize cock

However, I just want to clarify- are you saying that no refugees are in need of clothes and all any of them are interested in is cash, smart phones or a play station (where they'd plug that in I have no clue). I'm sure that's not what you meant, just wanted to check because that's kind of how it reads

1 hour ago, Big Brother said:

... but an excellent example of what you can do with stats.

Anyone reading your post who was unaware of the issue might think "ok immigrants are not committing violent sexual crime against women in Sweden" and this is such an incredibly unhelpful message and flies in the face of reality:  Women really are being raped and beaten by muslim immigrants.  There are plenty of videos and photos that destroy any bar chart or propaganda.   Further, your second paragraph quotes a report about satisfaction with the police from the year 2000, that's 15 years ago mate, i.e. before Swedish politicians started on the path of ethnic suicide: A lot has happened in the last two months, let alone 15 years and Europe was a different place in 2000.

Esmond's link contains tens of reports that provide examples of how immigrants are very over represented in the crime stats.  Surely you can at least admit that there is a problem here?  And doesn't it therefore follow that if immigration is reduced and for example foreign criminals and economic migrants are sent home and banned from re-entry, that crime will go down?  This isn't aimed at you, but I don't see why people have a problem with that idea!  And this is without touching the identitarian / cultural heritage issues, where parts of England no longer feel English, parts of France that are no longer French and parts of Sweden that are no longer Swedish (Malmo for example) and the disdain in which we Europeans are held by many of the 'guests'.

Imo Batman is correct, there is some reporting of these issues but a lot of it is not reported as Pat Condell says in his video.  In fact a couple of years ago there was a comment from the BBC that they deliberately did not report on the numbers of immigration for fear of provoking unrest: so wish I'd kept that source - Robbo, do you have it?

I don't post as many images and videos as I used to,partly b/c I'm really busy at the moment, but also because they got a lot of complaints. If you want to see more of this **** you could start with Twitter maybe do a search on "alt right".

If by "true numbers" you mean the verifiable ONS statistics then yes indeed these are reported, not just by the Beeb but by everyone. Recently,  when annual net migration was an all-time high in the ONS annual report, it was the lead story on Today ( and presumably the TV news, I don't watch it). Migration Watch, as well as, from memory, Stephen Carswell from Ukip were on the programme. 

Unreported illegal immigration can only be a  guesstimate. News outlets are going to use official figures for want of anything else, but my personal thoughts - as someone who frequently works in London - is that these are massive underestimates. It would be impossible to prove this though.

Do you have that BBC quote BB?  Who is it from? Is it in fact kosher, or just something someone has made up?

3 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I think we can agree that Lord Red Pants is a prize cock

However, I just want to clarify- are you saying that no refugees are in need of clothes and all any of them are interested in is cash, smart phones or a play station (where they'd plug that in I have no clue). I'm sure that's not what you meant, just wanted to check because that's kind of how it reads

Don't get like Colis and see something that is not actually there, I won't dignify your post with an answer as to be honest it's childish, it was a joke and previous posts on this thread will show that and even Colis saw it was a joke.

However there are plenty of French TV videos of piles of donated clothes just strewn all over the places in piles or being burnt.

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Don't get like Colis and see something that is not actually there, I won't dignify your post with an answer as to be honest it's childish, it was a joke and previous posts on this thread will show that and even Colis saw it was a joke.

However there are plenty of French TV videos of piles of donated clothes just strewn all over the places in piles or being burnt.

Humour doesn't often translate well into text. Thanks for clarifying; I genuinely didn't think you'd meant it as anything other than a quip, but to the casual observer I don't think it would come across as such 

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

Humour doesn't often translate well into text. Thanks for clarifying; I genuinely didn't think you'd meant it as anything other than a quip, but to the casual observer I don't think it would come across as such 

To the casual observer maybe, but with your usual well reasoned replies, you can hardly be classed as a casual observer and with that in mind had you read some of the other posts from earlier yesterday, you should have been aware of that.

On a wider issue I do find that the more liberal leaning of posters tend to revert to this type of stereotyping/labelling of posters who do they do not agree with.

and for the record I am not in the liberal camp over this discussion or others of political bent and I am not in the Big Brother camp (wherever that might be), I am firmly stuck in the middle and on the fence willing to here/see both sides of the story and believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I do have to say it would appear from my lofty position on my fence, the TV stations are not (for whatever reasons) carrying any negative reporting of incidents that are occurring and they are without doubt occurring and on a daily basis and in some cases even prepared to use some very dubious editing of videos to give an entirely false perspective and I for one do not believe that it is helping in any way shape or form.

This might give you an idea, i'm sure you will find the source as agenda based (which maybe true) but then I believe that the TV stations are operating in much the same way, that is my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Mz6bXZvL4

4 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Imo Batman is correct, there is some reporting of these issues but a lot of it is not reported as Pat Condell says in his video.  In fact a couple of years ago there was a comment from the BBC that they deliberately did not report on the numbers of immigration for fear of provoking unrest: so wish I'd kept that source - Robbo, do you have it?

You only need to recall the BBC's broadcasting of the 7/7 bombings. Had it not been for the bombs on the buses, they'd still have us believe it was caused by an electrical power surge. They held out reporting on the buses as long as they could. The rest of the networks were reporting on it.

20 minutes ago, The Batman said:

You only need to recall the BBC's broadcasting of the 7/7 bombings. Had it not been for the bombs on the buses, they'd still have us believe it was caused by an electrical power surge. They held out reporting on the buses as long as they could. The rest of the networks were reporting on it.

Sorry, but that is cobblers. Do you seriously believe that the BBC decided to conspire to disguise the fact that there had been 50+ people blown up in London??

The fact is that at the start of incidents things are very confused and lots of different information floods in, some accurate, some not. The BBC will not report as a fact something until it's 100% established. Sometimes Sky will "scoop" the Beeb on news coverage because they are prepared to go out on a limb and semi-guess things but sometimes this has resulted on them misreporting things in their hurry to be "first to the news". "Never wrong for long" is the industry's unofficial motto for Sky News. Power surges were the first explanation put forward as a theory by Metronet and reported as a theory by the BBC and other networks. As soon as it became totally clear that it was a bombing, BBC and other networks reported as such. I was in London on that day and due into work that morning (later than the bombings thank God) so was glued to coverage.

53 minutes ago, The Batman said:

that would be a laughable post if it didn't highlight how people are willing to believe any conspiracy theory they can.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

To the casual observer maybe, but with your usual well reasoned replies, you can hardly be classed as a casual observer and with that in mind had you read some of the other posts from earlier yesterday, you should have been aware of that.

On a wider issue I do find that the more liberal leaning of posters tend to revert to this type of stereotyping/labelling of posters who do they do not agree with.

and for the record I am not in the liberal camp over this discussion or others of political bent and I am not in the Big Brother camp (wherever that might be), I am firmly stuck in the middle and on the fence willing to here/see both sides of the story and believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I do have to say it would appear from my lofty position on my fence, the TV stations are not (for whatever reasons) carrying any negative reporting of incidents that are occurring and they are without doubt occurring and on a daily basis and in some cases even prepared to use some very dubious editing of videos to give an entirely false perspective and I for one do not believe that it is helping in any way shape or form.

This might give you an idea, i'm sure you will find the source as agenda based (which maybe true) but then I believe that the TV stations are operating in much the same way, that is my opinion.

Who's stereotyping and labelling who? It was very much a throwaway comment, in which I stated that I didn't believe that's what you meant it was just how I believed it could be interpreted. I haven't called you a racist (I don't believe you are and as far as I remember have never accused you of such) and certainly in my original post, didn't seek to put a right or left political label on you. There are very few people posting regularly on here who I think you could place firmly in the traditional right or left camp 

So to draw a line under this I'll simply say "sorry old chap, no offence intended". 

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

That is utter nonsense, it's called responsible journalism not to speculate until the facts are known, just like the Russian plane that crashed over Sinai, we'll know definitely when all of the facts are known (that's if Russia want us to know of course).

7 hours ago, The Batman said:

You're not being serious right?? 

16 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Anyone reading your post who was unaware of the issue might think "ok immigrants are not committing violent sexual crime against women in Sweden" and this is such an incredibly unhelpful message and flies in the face of reality:  Women really are being raped and beaten by muslim immigrants.  There are plenty of videos and photos that destroy any bar chart or propaganda.   Further, your second paragraph quotes a report about satisfaction with the police from the year 2000, that's 15 years ago mate, i.e. before Swedish politicians started on the path of ethnic suicide: A lot has happened in the last two months, let alone 15 years and Europe was a different place in 2000.

The 2000 ICVS was published in 2005. It is the most recent UN survey of attitudes towards policing and crime.

I understand that your argument is this: reported rape has increased in Sweden over the last 10 years. Muslim immigration to Sweden has increased over the last 10 years. Therefore, muslims are commiting the additional rapes.

However, correlation does not prove causation. You have demonstrated a logical fallacy, which is formally known as "cum hoc ergo propter hoc". A similar example is the Redskins Rule, in which the result of the last home game by the Washington Redskins prior to the presidential election predicted the outcome of every US presidential election from 1936 to 2000.

Furthermore, in 2005, the definition of rape changed in Sweden and so did the way that the statistics are recorded. This makes a longitudinal comparison difficult. The following is lifted from Bra, which is the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.

The number of reported sexual offences has increased in Sweden over the last decade. The increase is mainly due to a general rise in people's tendency to report crime and the changes in legislation that have led to more crimes now being viewed as rape.

A new sexual offences legislation came into force in 2005, which meant that some actions that were previously classed as sexual exploitation are now classed as rape. The changes in the legislation resulted in a decrease in reported sexual coercion and exploitation, whereas the number of reported rapes have increased. As of July 1, 2013, further changes were made to the legislation in order to broaden the term rape to also include cases where the victim reacted with passivity.

However, there is reason to believe that certain types of sexual offences really have increased over the last thirty years, much due to changes in society, such as contact with strangers via the internet, more bars and pubs and increased alcohol consumption.

16 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Esmond's link contains tens of reports that provide examples of how immigrants are very over represented in the crime stats.  Surely you can at least admit that there is a problem here?  And doesn't it therefore follow that if immigration is reduced and for example foreign criminals and economic migrants are sent home and banned from re-entry, that crime will go down?  This isn't aimed at you, but I don't see why people have a problem with that idea!  And this is without touching the identitarian / cultural heritage issues, where parts of England no longer feel English, parts of France that are no longer French and parts of Sweden that are no longer Swedish (Malmo for example) and the disdain in which we Europeans are held by many of the 'guests'.

The link that EMB provided was to a Wikipedia page, which was the subject of a disputed neutrality tag.

An NPOV (neutral, unbiased) article is an article that complies with the Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy by presenting fairly, proportionately, and as far as possible without bias all significant views that have been published by reliable sources (N.B.: not all views held by editors or by the general public). This is especially important for the encyclopedia's treatment of controversial issues, where there is often an abundance of viewpoints and criticisms of the subject. In a neutral representation, the differing points of view are presented as differing points of view, not as widely accepted facts.

Among the reasons for the disputed neutrality tag are:

• Cherrypicking - this is is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.
  • Poor quality sources - for example, the subsection of the article about the UK cites a blog called Psych and Society. Blogs are not reliable sources and this one has an obvious political slant. I read another article on the blog which includes the line, "Taken together it is obvious the Islam poses a serious demographic, cultural, and safety threat to the European way of life that many currently enjoy." (I include this as evidence of lack of neutrality)
  • Propaganda - the article is written in order to promote a specific point of view.
  • Undue weight - minority opinion is given an excessive prominence in the article. Wiki's explanation is as follows - Wikipedia should not present a dispute as if a view held by a small minority deserves as much attention overall as the majority view.

If we accept your theory that immigrants cause an increase in crime, then clearly one response is to send them home. However, a 2013 study by Migration Observatory at Oxford University concluded there has been, "a continuous reduction in overall property crimes in England and Wales since 2002 corresponded with a rising foreign-born population, but there is no evidence to suggest that rising migration caused this decline in crime rates."

Crime is falling and immigration is rising. The authors state there is no evidence of a link between the two facts.

20 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

For someone who's supposedly 'sat on the fence' you seem to spend a lot of time and effort attacking Labour, liberals and the more left-thinking posters on here.

17 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Your post offers nothing I'm afraid and no offense but if playing games with statistics and typing-out long definitions of debating tactics helps you sleep at night then keep taking the happy pill my friend.

However for every stat you publish I could post a pic of a battered European woman that has been violently gang raped by Somalian immigrants or show you a police report of an English under-aged girl that has been systematically sexually abused by groups of muslim immigrants who believe their religion permits such an abomination.

Stats or the lives of real people? I know which is more important to me.

"It feels grand when you're living in LaLa land"

All Star United - 'La La Land'.

There comes a point when you've lost an argument, can't provide any kind of reasonable, well thought-out response and probably just need to close your mouth!

Incidentally, as I recall, you are the one who made some ridiculous claim that more Muslims commit sex crimes than other races - claimed there were stats to back it up - and then couldn't provide them.

35 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

However for every stat you publish I could post a pic of a battered European woman that has been violently gang raped by Somalian immigrants or show you a police report of an English under-aged girl that has been systematically sexually abused by groups of muslim immigrants who believe their religion permits such an abomination.

Nobody is doubting that you could do that.  The point is that you can easily flip that around and show pictures of women that have been battered and gang raped by European men.  Photos of white Catholic priests who thought they could abuse children can be shown.  White pop stars and DJs from the 70's can be used as an example of why a bit of fame can make you "untouchable" from prosecution for decades.  Muslim's do not have the monopoly on evil men.

I agree that stats can be used to skew a picture, but they are far more reliable than a random person on the internet quoting anecdotes or saying that they have evidence but that they will not post it as people have to search it out themselves.

Archived