IGNORED

The Officialy Derby County v Bristol City match thread (by popular demand)

Aizoon

Derby is a city and unitary authority area in the East Midlands region of England. It lies on the banks of the River Derwent in the south of the county of Derbyshire, of which it is the county town. In the 2011 census, the city had a population of 248,700 and 1,543,000 in the wider metro area.

Derby was the home of the Midland Railway (some railway mileposts are still marked in miles from Derby) and an important part of our engineering industry before we sold it to the Japanese and the Germans. To be fair, they still make trains and aero engines there.

Derby County FC was taken to glory by one Brian Clough. The chairman pissed him off, so he took Nottingham Forest to glory instead. This still upsets Derby fans.

It is debatable whether Derby is a Midland shithole or a Northern shithole. Opinions are divided on this. It is certainly grim enough to count as Northern.

Horace says that no famous hedgehogs have ever come from Derby, and I take his word on this.

2 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Derby is a city and unitary authority area in the East Midlands region of England. It lies on the banks of the River Derwent in the south of the county of Derbyshire, of which it is the county town. In the 2011 census, the city had a population of 248,700 and 1,543,000 in the wider metro area.

Derby was the home of the Midland Railway (some railway mileposts are still marked in miles from Derby) and an important part of our engineering industry before we sold it to the Japanese and the Germans. To be fair, they still make trains and aero engines there.

Derby County FC was taken to glory by one Brian Clough. The chairman pissed him off, so he took Nottingham Forest to glory instead. This still upsets Derby fans.

It is debatable whether Derby is a Midland shithole or a Northern shithole. Opinions are divided on this. It is certainly grim enough to count as Northern.

Horace says that no famous hedgehogs have ever come from Derby, and I take his word on this.

Rubbish - where is Havanatopia.

"Boooooo - get off".

:nono:

Uncle TFR

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I thought Derby was actually quite a nice place; i am happy to stand corrected if not however. 

So what about your prediction Aiz? Can we possibly dream of a b2b ? I reckon tiz gonna be tough .... 2-2.

Horace says 3-1 to us, but then he always does :o

I'd be happy with a draw.

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I thought Derby was actually quite a nice place; i am happy to stand corrected if not however. 

So what about your prediction Aiz? Can we possibly dream of a b2b ? I reckon tiz gonna be tough .... 2-2.

How, FFS, can you say Derby is 'nice'??

It's a **** toilet - with respect.

Uncle TFR

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

If we win tonight, Aiz will have to continue but Havanas' insights are much better than Aiz who has just cut and pasted Wiki by the look of it! :P C-. See teacher after school.

COYR

Only the first paragraph, ciderup...

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We should have a vote to see who does these match threads - the old stalwart or the new challenger 

If we don't win again, Aiz can do one and we can bring back the vastly superior Havana! If we do win, we're stuck with crap openings for our match threads I guess. :whistle:

22 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Not starting every paragraph with Huddersfield I can just about understand.

But only starting 3 out of 5 with Derby? :no::dunno:

I'll try and share some optimism for this game. Firstly, our record on Tuesday nights are very, very good! Think we've lost 1 out of 12-15 games or so. And that was against Brighton, who are unbeaten and we were 10 minutes away from breaking their record. 

We come into this game from a hard fought victory at Huddersfield in terrible conditions. One thing about this squad, is that it has great character and they all work for eachother to put things right. 

We also have Jonathan Kodjia, one of the best strikers in the division and has a impressive return of 9 goals thus far! 

We go to Derby with no fear, we don't fear anybody in this league. The crowd will be expecting a victory tonight, all the pressure is on the home team. Hopefully we can cause a upset tonight, wouldn't surprise me!

On the other hand it could go tits up....

Archived