IGNORED

The Officialy Derby County v Bristol City match thread (by popular demand)

Aizoon

5-2-3 maybe? Freeman on Right and Joe on left? Going forward anyway. Then turns into 5-4-1 defending? Could be 4-5-1 as some have stated but I'm sure it'll look very defensive  most of the match regardless. 

Fine with Kodjia resting. Would've thought Wilbs would get the start but he did start Saturday. Thought lone striker suits him best but I'm all for the change. Shows some flexibility and regardless of the result, we will have rested a few key players.

Well we argued for Plan B I suppose...

This is a good as game as any. Not thinking for a minute he is throwing the game, but keeping it tight. If we just go for a shoot out open game, we will most likely lose anyway. Often wondered about going one up front away, especially when a goal up. As good a game as any to test it, and keeping some players fresh. Most likely we lose, but was kind of expecting it anyway. Cannot see it anything but as normal, but a 1-1 up front instead of a 2.

Interesting selection.

Agree that had we lost on Saturday he wouldn't have picked this team and it must also be done with more than an eye on Saturday.

Whatever happened this was one of our toughest away games of the season (so bemused by the post which said they were optimistic going into it).

Hope our front two benefit from less game time tonight and we can get something against QPR as a result, if not from this evening..

9 minutes ago, otib118 said:

Think it'll be either

Fielding 

Bennett Moore Flint Baker Williams

Bryan Smith Pack Freeman

Agard

or

Fielding

Moore Flint Baker Williams

Bennett Smith Pack Freeman Bryan

Agard 

Looks like the second one to me, Freeman will be expected to support Agard as well as the wingers. If it's anything but that layout then my eyebrows are firmly raised.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I had a nice curry in Derby once. 

Nothing else positive to report I'm afraid. 

My memories of Derby away (only been the once):  nice Marstons pub just outside the city.  swore at Marco Gabbiadini on more than once occasion.  Nothing else to offer, I'm afraid.

Some key games at the bottom, were at least two teams must pick up points

Charlton v Bolton

Huddersfield v Rotherham.

Hoping the away sides lose, as although it drops us down potentially on our result, the bottom three can stay there! Also MK v Sheffield Wed. Might be dependent on that last one to stay outside bottom three tonight.

Archived