IGNORED

The Officialy Derby County v Bristol City match thread (by popular demand)

Aizoon

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We should just have given the team a night off and handed the 3 points to Derby  ,  Not disappointed with the loss so much as the manner .

I'm sure that Cotterill said that even if we had 12 players on the pitch it wouldn't have made a difference.

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

What did he say?

Most bizarre interview - sounded peed off - basically appeared to say we can't compete with Derby and it didn't have any relevance what formation we played - kept saying we lacked Belief AGAIN 

Gave impression he doesn't have faith in our current players

Have tbh if I was SL listening to that it would concern me greatly

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

As I see it, sacrificed tonight's game in order to get 3 points on Saturday. No shame losing to Derby. Still 3 teams worse than us so not a bad night after all ! Bring on Austin and company. COYR's !!!! 

Only trouble is will we win Saturday 

Poor team selection.Once again poor use of subs.With more time pre season then any team in the country,poor recuirtment.It will be difficult to sign the right players when we a at the bottom of the league.We can still stay up,as we have some good players.But Steve C has to change his plan and use subs a lot earlier.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Most bizarre interview - sounded peed off - basically appeared to say we can't compete with Derby and it didn't have any relevance what formation we played - kept saying we lacked Belief AGAIN 

Gave impression he doesn't have faith in our current players

Unfortunately, he keeps picking the same players. Who make the same mistakes. Over. And over. Again. It was nice to hear that Simon Cox was warming up again.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

This time it is not a joke :fingerscrossed: He is more than qualified! 

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

This time it is not a joke :fingerscrossed: He is more than qualified! 

A man who hasn't managed a club since 1989, and has no experience AT ALL of English football is "more than qualified?". Corr blimey what a cracker you've come out with!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sounds like he lacks belief - not good if that is the tone from the top.

Steve Lansdown did say not that long ago either that the Stadium problems had made him take his eye off the ball on the football side of things and said it would never happen again but maybe it has .We all know this season and the way it is going is because of the shambles that went on in the transfer market in the summer. Dont know if we can get the right players in now to make a big enough change to get us up the table .

8 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture and resting some of our best players in order to give us more of a chance of picking up points at home on Saturday may well turn out to be shrewd move. We shall see. 

You can only do that if you have decent players to come in. AGARD is woeful at this level he tries hard but will never be good enough. An absolute disaster for the teams confidence, especially with the best striker in the division heading down here on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Unfortunately, he keeps picking the same players. Who make the same mistakes. Over. And over. Again. It was nice to hear that Simon Cox was warming up again.

Seeing as he made 4 changes on Saturday and 3 tonight that isn't true, is it?

Pretty clear the loan signing of Cox has been a mistake, if he rated him he'd have had starts by now. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as he made 4 changes on Saturday and 3 tonight that isn't true, is it?

Pretty clear the loan signing of Cox has been a mistake, if he rated him he'd have had starts by now. 

Along with Callum Robinson who it appears we signed to play in the Under 21's, you would have to be concerned about Cotterill's judgement.

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Cotterill interview suggests he's seriously lost.

He was totally lost when he picked the team that's for sure. He goes on about belief, so why didn't he have belief that the side that had just got us only our 4th win was not worth another go! 

I was expecting defeat but the manner of it, 1 shot on target all game, is hard to take. Coming over to the 'Cotts out' side now.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

You can only do that if you have decent players to come in. AGARD is woeful at this level he tries hard but will never be good enough. An absolute disaster for the teams confidence, especially with the best striker in the division heading down here on Saturday.

Think you've missed my point. We rested Kodjia, Wilbs and Ayling tonight. All 3 will be back Saturday along with 3/5/2 and hopefully 3 points. QPR aint exactly pulling up trees. They have only picked up 1 more point than us in the last 8 games. We have more chance of winning that one than we had winning tonights game. If Cotts had played his '1st 11' tonight then I think we would struggle at the weekend. That is what I meant by 'sacrificing' tonights game. It could backfire on Cotts but I believe he made the right call. We shall see.

Right. Deep breath and - relax...

If somebody had offered me two points from those two away games, I'd have taken it. In fact, we got three. In terms of the table, losing 4-0 is much the same as losing 1-0; it just hurts more. 

We do need strengthening in the January window, but let's see what eventuates. 

2 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

If somebody had offered me two points from those two away games, I'd have taken it. In fact, we got three. In terms of the table, losing 4-0 is much the same as losing 1-0; it just hurts more. 

Well said sir. And breathe..............................

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Think you've missed my point. We rested Kodjia, Wilbs and Ayling tonight. All 3 will be back Saturday along with 3/5/2 and hopefully 3 points. QPR aint exactly pulling up trees. They have only picked up 1 more point than us in the last 8 games. We have more chance of winning that one than we had winning tonights game. If Cotts had played his '1st 11' tonight then I think we would struggle at the weekend. That is what I meant by 'sacrificing' tonights game. It could backfire on Cotts but I believe he made the right call. We shall see.

Fair enough mate all about opinions, huge pressure on him Saturday now.

1 minute ago, hortonred said:

Along with Callum Robinson who it appears we signed to play in the Under 21's, you would have to be concerned about Cotterill's judgement.

Because we have signed six loan players and some of them didn't work out?

How long have you watched City? I just wondered when our success rate in the loan market was 100%?

Funnily enough I can think of loads of shit loan signings from most managers back to the mid 90s...

As for Robinson it now appears that because of our disastrous summer transfer policy (anyone seen Keith Burt recently?) we were in real danger of starting the season with about 4 fit subs, two of whom were our Academy goalie and Adam El-Abd, so we took a gamble on Robinson that clearly didn't work.

If we had our time again we probably wouldn't have bothered but I'm willing to suggest Callum Robinson joining us isn't a significant reason we are in the bottom four in the league..

6 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

My thoughts exactly......two 1-1 draws and this place would have been buzzing.

.....yet we get a win and a loss (with the extra point) and OTIB goes into meltdown.

Archived