IGNORED

The "special one" for City?

Robbored

Like many others I think SC days are numbered especially if the Xmas period is a poor one. 

When he gets sacked - why not try to sell City to JM as a way to prove that he was right all along when he named himself the special one. Ok then now prove it. Jose just might see that turning around a struggling Championship club would restore his credibility in the eyes of the public.

Before you :laugh: consider this - Mourinho is already a multi millionaire so money isn't that important to him. He'd get a decent salary of course but the real challenge would be talking City into the PL. Imagine how impressive that achievement would be to everyone.

Imagine the media frenzy if JM took the AG job! They'd all go nuts! and raise our clubs profile all over Europe. JM would attract  top quality players as well 

Go  on SL give it a go!

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like many others I think SC days are numbered especially if the Xmas period is a poor one. 

When he gets sacked - why not try to sell City to JM as a way to prove that he was right all along when he named himself the special one. Ok then now prove it. Jose just might see that turning around a struggling Championship club would restore his credibility in the eyes of the public.

Before you :laugh: consider this - Mourinho is already a multi millionaire so money isn't that important to him. He'd get a decent salary of course but the real challenge would be talking City into the PL. Imagine how impressive that achievement would be to everyone.

Imagine the media frenzy if JM took the AG job! They'd all go nuts! and raise our clubs profile all over Europe. JM would attract  top quality players as well 

Go  on SL give it a go!

There will now be Gas fans pointing and laughing...and City fans...why do you do it to yourself RR? ;-)

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wonder why more top level managers don't decide to have a go at a small club.. Just to see if they can.

Well, I do know why; money. 

Would love to see Pep take over at Accrington or something though

Money?  Not so important to likes of Mourinho. By joining City he'd be putting his slightly tarnished reputation on the line but if he truly believes his own hype he might just see it as a real challenge and chance to rebuild his ego.....

1 minute ago, spudski said:

There will now be Gas fans pointing and laughing...and City fans...why do you do it to yourself RR? ;-)

Spud - do really think that I care about what others think of me?  You've been on here about the same time as me so you know the answer.

Guest wheatus59
12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Go  on SL give it a go!

Is it April 1st already ???

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If this is actually serious, then I'd suggest consulting a good doctor, pronto!

But I'd love to see the look on Mourinho's face when he's told he's got £9m for a new forward and £9 to pay him with.

Sadly, to make the club more appealing to JM, Steve has just sacked the club doctor.

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Go  on SL give it a go!

A good shout but he can not compete with Lars Lagerbäck

In today's papers, Jose will be paid £250,000 (yes a quarter of a million) every WEEK until he gets a new job. If he doesn't get a job, the payments will cease at the £10 million pound mark (40 months).

OK so Jose should have enough in the bank not to need a high salary from City, but he would not be able to attract top quality players if we cannot pay the salary they'd expect. However reading the club's history;

Sam Hollis was manager of Woolwich Arsenal and in 1897 secretly applied to be City's first manager. Later that month, Arsenal won 5-3 at Southampton and on the train back to London, he persuaded four of the Arsenal team to join him at AG the following season. He even said "It will be an honour to just to play for Bristol City" and they all agreed to sign even waiving a signing on fee.

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spud - do really think that I care about what others think of me?  You've been on here about the same time as me so you know the answer.

Tis true Robbo but Spud also makes a very good point- when Skeletor was riding high with Blackpool and the delusional few suggested his return to the

minimal-  there was mayhem on here.

We can't have it all every which way, sadly. 

I know it's a joke but can't help myself.

All football managers want to be managing the top teams at the top levels, competing in the Champions League, and having achieved everything at club level then may, like Bobby Robson, be tempted to try their hand with an international team.

The only successful club manager who will have a go at bringing through a smaller team is one who is either:

a) effectively unemployable at the top level and is desperate for the cash

b) playing Championship Manager

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Go  on SL give it a go!

Doctor! 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wonder why more top level managers don't decide to have a go at a small club.. Just to see if they can.

Well, I do know why; money. 

Would love to see Pep take over at Accrington or something though

Yeh but if you believe the reports about how much Jose is getting as a pay off from Chelsea, why doesn't he think 'well I don't need to work ever again but Bristol is a nice City, their stadium looks alright, why not have a few years in the West Country seeing if I can win promotion.'

Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never needed to win promotion so that's a huge gap on his CV!!!!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but if you believe the reports about how much Jose is getting as a pay off from Chelsea, why doesn't he think 'well I don't need to work ever again but Bristol is a nice City, their stadium looks alright, why not have a few years in the West Country seeing if I can win promotion.'

Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never needed to win promotion so that's a huge gap on his CV!!!!

Or won the JPT, another glaring omission.

Taking on from Ward it was just great to start pre season training during the season, having players complaining about having to train twice a day as it would disturb their potatoe hacking (golf), players throwing up at training having been out all night in Birmingham. A very well runned competitive football club that do not care a shit

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Money?  Not so important to likes of Mourinho. By joining City he'd be putting his slightly tarnished reputation on the line but if he truly believes his own hype he might just see it as a real challenge and chance to rebuild his ego.....

He could take on a real challenge, and go to the Clampetts.

If he took City to the Premier League and Champions League trophy double within three years, I think he could show Chelsea they were wrong.

Someone look up the odds on this, stick £100 on it for me, and I'll pay them back out of my winnings.

Cheers, mugs.

Uncle TFR

Archived