IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Charlton Athletic Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Easy to over-analyse a penalty. It's one kick of a football and the best players in the world have been known to miss them.

Pack's overall performances are largely irrelevant to whether he was the best person to take it. He missed it - end of. Could just as easily have happened to any other player.

I think the point is whatever anybody thinks of Pack as a player, very few on here or at the ground would I suspect have felt enthused when Pack picked up the ball to take the penalty.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, cynic said:

TBH I had absolutely no confidence that we would score it.

Who have we got in that situation that you'd be confident in ?

The only time I'd be confident we'd score from a penalty in 40 years was when JET stepped up, he had the skill and arrogance that you need in those situations, being intimidating as hell didn't hurt either.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RumRed said:

The only time I'd be confident we'd score from a penalty in 40 years was when JET stepped up, he had the skill and arrogance that you need in those situations, being intimidating as hell didn't hurt either.

Tony Ford was pretty reliable, but that's a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think the point is whatever anybody thinks of Pack as a player, very few on here or at the ground would I suspect have felt enthused when Pack picked up the ball to take the penalty.

Who would we have felt confident about? And why therefore was he not the nominated penalty taker?

The management - who would see our players take spot kicks far more regularly in training than we ever do - must have had their reasons.

10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Was it already mentioned?.. but if its the in-laws its probably what they would prefer anyway.

Sorry. My tongue in cheek point I was making was.  That he has posted so many times on this thread that his contribution to the social gathering of his "outlaws"would be so little that he may as well have gone to the match. 

1 minute ago, Redrobbin said:

Sorry. My tongue in cheek point I was making was.  That he has posted so many times on this thread that his contribution to the social gathering of his "outlaws"would be so little that he may as well have gone to the match. 

Don't tell me, tell she :(

• Like 1