IGNORED

moyes please (merged)

where's the joy

A plea to Steve Lansdown.  David Moyes is known to be a friend / confidante of yours.
You presumably have his telephone number.  Please give it a ring.
A legend at this club, will be appreciated and given time by the fans, will build a team fit for promotion, will give nationwide PR for the club and attract signings, will build a future for the club.
Yes, might want a good wage, but is it not time to spend money on a top quality manager to go along with our top quality facilities that are coming.
Steve - call Moyes, sell him the larger Bristol Sport project, tell him he's got free reign to manage this club whichever way his vast experience sees fit, and don't interfere with him on anything.

Do it now, before he gets another job.

Sorry Mr Cotterill, it was good while it lasted, but there is no time to stand still in football, and no room for sympathy.  Act now.

4 minutes ago, BITW said:

Moyes? Not sure if your serious or...

I am! :clapping:

seriously though, we turned our back on him too many years ago so that ship has sailed.  But wasn't there rumours he helped us during the interview process...

Great shout Harry. I'm with you. Moyes or even Warnock. SC has had enough time and opportunity. Last season was fantastic. This has been anything but.

Success at one level doesn't mean success at another.

I was prolific upfront 35 years ago at school. Doesn't mean I'd step into Kodjia's boots and score though!

12 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Sorry Harry but can't see this happening, also wouldn't call Moyes a club legend ... He'd have a flag or at least a song ;) 

Hi Wolfie.

Not sure how old you are buddy, but anyone who supported us in the mid to late 80's will say that Moyesie is up there in terms of legends.  He certainly holds a lot of respect among the fanbase of that time, and vice-versa.

He's a friend of our billionaire owner and holds a lot of respect for our club.  Is it a long-shot, of course it is.  But I'd be disappointed if we hadn't at least asked the question.

His stock has fallen in the last year and he's not likely to walk into a top 6-10 Prem job anytime soon.  Strike now, whilst he's available, before a Prem club comes in for him.

p.s.  Thanks mods for merging my thread whilst I was replying, meaning I had to write all this again!

Not a chance Moyes will choose a club in the bottom three of The Championship as his next one.

Let's face it, we are a bottom six club in terms of budget and bottom third one in terms of support and are geographically isolated, with a board that has a reputation for getting rather closely involved in transfers...

Sound like something of interest to someone who has managed Man U and in La Liga?

If we decide to make a change we are more likely to end up with the likes of Warnock than Moyes.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Great shout Harry. I'm with you. Moyes or even Warnock. SC has had enough time and opportunity. Last season was fantastic. This has been anything but.

Success at one level doesn't mean success at another.

I was prolific upfront 35 years ago at school. Doesn't mean I'd step into Kodjia's boots and score though!

I'm certain you'd be offside a lot less though .

13 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Why not go for Mourinho because he's as far out of reach as Moyes will be. Big Gob taking the club down but will Pantsdown act???

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Moyes or Pearson will not be remotely interested.

Me thinks that's a deliberate ploy of Mr Lansdown. Same with summer bids.

Song and dance about big names who were coming but didn't.

"Well we tried our best" etc.

I'm afraid to say it but Division 1 beckons.....

Just now, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Me thinks that's a deliberate ploy of Mr Lansdown. Same with summer bids.

Song and dance about big names who were coming but didn't.

"Well we tried our best" etc.

I'm afraid to say it but Division 1 beckons.....

According to OTIB terms and conditions you are obviously Gas and therefore your opinion does n't count .

the big point here is that SC will take us down unless he is replaced.

its not about the talent in the squad its how he has failed to tweak the blend to improve.

he has presided over Kodjia going from an exciting talent to a hapless runner, bryan from most exciting exciting talent to confidence empty

no one would moan if SC at least gave some of the young blood a decent bit of game time

i absolutely want him out

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hi Wolfie.

Not sure how old you are buddy, but anyone who supported us in the mid to late 80's will say that Moyesie is up there in terms of legends.  He certainly holds a lot of respect among the fanbase of that time, and vice-versa.

He's a friend of our billionaire owner and holds a lot of respect for our club.  Is it a long-shot, of course it is.  But I'd be disappointed if we hadn't at least asked the question.

His stock has fallen in the last year and he's not likely to walk into a top 6-10 Prem job anytime soon.  Strike now, whilst he's available, before a Prem club comes in for him.

p.s.  Thanks mods for merging my thread whilst I was replying, meaning I had to write all this again!

In my 30s but 80s football is b4 my time. No doubt you're right, just never heard any of friends talk about Moyes in that 'legend category' kind of way. 

What I have learned in my time following the club though is what we would like and what we end up with ends up being very different. 

Archived