IGNORED

moyes please (merged)

where's the joy

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hi Wolfie.

Not sure how old you are buddy, but anyone who supported us in the mid to late 80's will say that Moyesie is up there in terms of legends.  He certainly holds a lot of respect among the fanbase of that time, and vice-versa.

He's a friend of our billionaire owner and holds a lot of respect for our club.  Is it a long-shot, of course it is.  But I'd be disappointed if we hadn't at least asked the question.

His stock has fallen in the last year and he's not likely to walk into a top 6-10 Prem job anytime soon.  Strike now, whilst he's available, before a Prem club comes in for him.

p.s.  Thanks mods for merging my thread whilst I was replying, meaning I had to write all this again!

@Harry My apologies Harry, I had good intentions honestly. Glad you took the time to rewrite as you are worth reading. Just wanted all things Moysie in one place. And yes, you are right definitely a legend and much respected by fans of that era. 

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Harry said:

A plea to Steve Lansdown.  David Moyes is known to be a friend / confidante of yours.
 will be appreciated and given time by the fans,

I'm not so sure that any Manager, no matter his previous association with the club, or pedigree from a solid career, would be given time if he produces relegation form, the fans of no club will accept that anymore.  Even if the board support a Manager, the fans can and do make Managers positions untenable, by reduced attendances and continual terrace protest.

We keep having the same problems in the championship, lack of footballing knowledge and experience above the manager.

much as I want Cotterill gone...maybe it's also time for Lansdown to sale up.

from a footballing point a view he's done nothing, we're not really any better off, yes he's thrown money at the stadium Project

Bit come the end of the season it's time for him to sale up and stay in Channel Islands

1 minute ago, Bowie said:

We keep having the same problems in the championship, lack of footballing knowledge and experience above the manager.

much as I want Cotterill gone...maybe it's also time for Lansdown to sale up.

from a footballing point a view he's done nothing, we're not really any better off, yes he's thrown money at the stadium Project

Bit come the end of the season it's time for him to sale up and stay in Channel Islands

For a sale there has to a buyer.

Would you welcome any buyer? Vincent Tan v2? The Venky's v2? It's a no from me.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hi Wolfie.

Not sure how old you are buddy, but anyone who supported us in the mid to late 80's will say that Moyesie is up there in terms of legends.  He certainly holds a lot of respect among the fanbase of that time, and vice-versa.

He's a friend of our billionaire owner and holds a lot of respect for our club.  Is it a long-shot, of course it is.  But I'd be disappointed if we hadn't at least asked the question.

His stock has fallen in the last year and he's not likely to walk into a top 6-10 Prem job anytime soon.  Strike now, whilst he's available, before a Prem club comes in for him.

p.s.  Thanks mods for merging my thread whilst I was replying, meaning I had to write all this again!

Too right was the type of player who is wholly lacking in this team surely no harm in asking can only say" Thanks for asking but NO " STICKING with this situation shows rank mismanagement from the boardroom down expecting fans to watch this dross might be fine if your a multi millionaire with cash to burn . To ordinary fans its an embarrassing ****-up that shows no sign of any plan to rescue the mess on and off the pitch this has been coming from pre season the board say 1 thing and Cotterill looks and sounds like he is at odds with them the ship is sinking as the band plays on.

This management issue has followed the club for years with overall more bad than good appointments never trying to avert a problem always waiting to see what happens and like Cotterills sub changes the damage is done by the time anything is done.  

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hi Wolfie.

Is he going to work for nothing,if so get him down here

For me the most important employee of any football team is the manager, therefore the manager should be on the most money. This applies to nearly all business except football and other sports. Therefore if we are willing to spend £6 million plus on a top striker why not spend decent wedge on a top manager. Sell them the dream, I'm pretty sure managers wages don't contribute to Financial Fair Play. Bristol is a beautiful place to live and work especially for a slightly older person who is earning top money. Maybe someone like Moyes may be more interested in managing at a higher level but why not make them an offer that they find hard to refuse.

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

At blackburn, we played them a few weeks ago with him in charge.

and they used the space behind the wing back to get baker to get himself sent off, but it must of been the 1st time this season a team has targeted us behind the wing backs. thank god no one else has done that or would be really in the shit

1 hour ago, NorfolkInChance said:

Are you serious?  David Moyes manager of Bristol City FC!!!!!!  More chance of me sprouting a fanny...

who'd of said years ago that David James would be our goalkeeper !! keeping hearing phrases from the younger fans like always believe.........well FFS start believing will you or we'll always be where we are,

1 hour ago, Harry said:

A plea to Steve Lansdown.  David Moyes is known to be a friend / confidante of yours.
You presumably have his telephone number.  Please give it a ring.
A legend at this club, will be appreciated and given time by the fans, will build a team fit for promotion, will give nationwide PR for the club and attract signings, will build a future for the club.
Yes, might want a good wage, but is it not time to spend money on a top quality manager to go along with our top quality facilities that are coming.
Steve - call Moyes, sell him the larger Bristol Sport project, tell him he's got free reign to manage this club whichever way his vast experience sees fit, and don't interfere with him on anything.

Do it now, before he gets another job.

Sorry Mr Cotterill, it was good while it lasted, but there is no time to stand still in football, and no room for sympathy.  Act now.

Well said Harry, I agree. Football's all about 'timings' and now's the time SL needs to be ruthless, remove our current manager with immediate effect & sell the club to DM whilst his stock is low. Moysie has always made it known he enjoyed his playing time here & loved the area etc. A manager who will also 'build' the club & have a keen interest in our Academy.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Biggest mistake this club ever made was making Pulis Manager when Moyes was waiting in a Bristol hotel to be interviewed!

I think so too. Okay I'm under no illusion that we would have been a stepping stone as he was always destined for bigger things. But to be so close and get a decision so wrong was a defining moment in our clubs history. Gutted isn't the word. Far be it for me to tll Mr Lansdown what to do, but if I had it in my power to right a wrong I certainly would attempt too.

For the record until today I have firmly been against a change of management, as it would be yet another failure as far as I'm concerned. But after hearing the Cotterill interview on the radio I want to put him out of his misery, the same way I felt about McInnis. 

It's not out of the question at all.

Moyes has history at BCFC and an oft stated great affection for the club.

It depends how he sees his options at this stage in his career, but there's little doubt he'd want to manage Bristol City F.C. at some stage before he retires from management.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

You presumably have his telephone number.  Please give it a ring.
A legend at this club, will be appreciated and given time by the fans, will build a team fit for promotion, will give nationwide PR for the club and attract signings, will build a future for the club.
Yes, might want a good wage, but is it not time to spend money on a top quality manager to go along with our top quality facilities that are coming.
Steve - call Moyes, sell him the larger Bristol Sport project, tell him he's got free reign to manage this club whichever way his vast experience sees fit, and don't interfere with him on anything.

Do it now, before he gets another job.

Sorry Mr Cotterill, it was good while it lasted, but there is no time to stand still in football, and no room for sympathy.  Act now.

You on his Twitter, or do you have his number? (SL)

5 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can't believe people are actually thinking Moyes would give us a second thought.... This place is gonna be unbearable while the transfer window is open

It's certainly a long shot.  But is it at least not worth considering?  At least worth Mr Lansdown asking the question?
It's high time SL paid good money for a top class Manager.  Why not someone who carries respect within this club, who is a friend of the board and who is currently available.  Pay him enough, and give him control, and he may very well be interested.  You never know if you never ask.  You should know that MC, we've been in plenty of night clubs together, and we never let a lady out of our league go by without at least asking the question!!

I was at Ayr races today, David Moyes was there with his family watching his horse run. I was lucky enough to say hello and asked him if he was planning on coming back into football. He was very polite and said he has had a few options but wants the right option to come along, a job he feels he can put his passion into and be successful again. I asked him how he remembers his days here and he said apart from his time at Preston, they were his happiest player days. When I said how we were struggling, he simply said it's a tough league but hoped we would survive. I then tongue in cheek suggest we needed a manager like him here, he simply smiled and chuckled as if flattered but not wanting to insult. He swiftly shook my hand and wished me well and the team well before signing my race card and taking his glass of white wine and Orange Cordial back to the table his family were sat at.

He was a very nice man to talk to, polite and kind, but nothing of the minute of his time I had gave me any impressing he had any desire to come back into management at BCFC.

Archived