IGNORED

moyes please (merged)

where's the joy

15 hours ago, Bowie said:

We keep having the same problems in the championship, lack of footballing knowledge and experience above the manager.

much as I want Cotterill gone...maybe it's also time for Lansdown to sale up.

from a footballing point a view he's done nothing, we're not really any better off, yes he's thrown money at the stadium Project

Bit come the end of the season it's time for him to sale up and stay in Channel Islands

And not long after we'll be a red version of Bristol Rovers.

Nobody else will be there to finance us.

15 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There are surely other options than Warnock…he's 67 you know…

Don't be ageist! I'm an old stager who would be willing to have a go. Perhaps more relevant, Alex Ferguson was 72 ish when he retired, not that I'm suggesting Warnock's as good as Ferguson. More to the point, it seems as though Steve Lansdown doesn't view things in the same way as the vast majority of the fans. He still seems to have faith in Cotts so, like it or not, we aren't going to get Moyes, Warnock or any other manager in the near future. Maybe someone new when it's too late, but not now. 

With Moyes the only possibility would be taking charge until the end of the season, similar to what Chelsea have done in the past. He may be willing to do that given there's no job for him at present and he has connections with the club. However, I still think our best bet is to stick with Cotts, if we were going to change should have done it by the end of November at the latest.

Just now, pongo88 said:

Don't be ageist! I'm an old stager who would be willing to have a go. Perhaps more relevant, Alex Ferguson was 72 ish when he retired, not that I'm suggesting that Warnock's as good as Ferguson. More to the point, it seems as though Steve Lansdown doesn't view things in the same way as the vast majority of the fans. He still seems to have faith in Cotts so, like it or not, we aren't going to get Moyes, Warnock or any other manager in the near future. Maybe someone new when it's too late, but not now. 

Perhaps you have more charisma than Warnock. 

I was alluding to an interview with Warnock about 4 years ago when he kept saying …I'm 63 you know… possibly around the time of the phantom goal at AG

Maybe Moyes could be sold with a larger offer - we need someone to run BCFC or Bristol Sports footballing arm, could Moyes be offered the managers job with free reign to do whatever he feels he needs to get the club where it needs to go with the option to move up and run the club in the future. Lots complain the board, Lansdown etc know nothing about running a football club, but they are running the business side - Moyes could run the footballing side of the club in the future with Keith Burt (if he wants him), a larger stadium, club, academy, a regional plan get him to buy into making BCFC a regional footballing powerhouse and give him the money and resources to do it.... a long term, high profile, high paid job that allows him to settle in the area. Ask - worst case scenario he says no.

28 minutes ago, Chivs said:

know that Cotterrill has won Lge 1 Championship and the JPT trophy.

Serious question: what has Moyes won as a manager?

Does 10th place in the Premiershit get a trophy these days?

Everton's highest finish under Moyes was fourth, in 2004/05, securing a Champions League spot.

11 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

Moyes reportedly turned down the Swansea job. If he wasn't interested in a struggling Premier League side who will probably stay up, why does anyone seriously think he would consider coming to a sinking ship on it's way to League One !

Perhaps he has something lined up but was unable to say :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Perhaps he has something lined up but was unable to say :ph34r:

Yes he probably has but it wont be Bristol City. Coming here would be a career own goal and unless successful would pretty much end his management career.Any City fan who honestly thinks he would even remotely consider coming here is seriously deluded. It would be like trying to sign Dwight Gayle, he simply would not be interested in hearing what we have to offer. He wasn't given long enough at Man Utd and his replacement there hasn't been any better, whilst moving to Spain was a mistake, he was living out of a hotel and didn't speak a word of Spanish. Most likely to be the next Celtic manager with Ronny Deila expected to become the Norway manager after Euro 2016 .

I hear that spanish chap is free in the summer, he would like that west country cider.....

Seriously, David Moyes has not won anything. He has no track record of promotion and has not succeeded in clubs where he has spent a fair few £, prime examples are Man Utd and Real Sociedad. He is an abrasive manager. I could not see him being a realistic appointment anyway. His stock has fallen. 

Nigel Pearson - dear me, he is about as abrasive as they go and when criticised by Leics fans told them to eff-off and die...

I am surprised no one has suggested Paolo Di Canio or Gus Poyet..... 

Less than 6 months ago, SC was the best manager and a hero. Lets get some perspective - we have had a poor first half of the season (but have not played too badly and have been unlucky at times). Lets judge SC at the end of the season. Sacking the manager is utterly pointless at this stage and the club must learn from its ills of the past rather than trying to make quick fixes. Yes, it would be disappointing to get relegated but lets judge it properly at the end of the season.  Everyone's performance must be evaluated. 

The strategic management of the club has been shambolic and this is not SC's fault. Where are Bristol Sport in all of this? Where is Jon Lansdown and the board. The communication with the fans has been diabolical on all fronts. There head of communications should be sacked for the lack of openness with the fans and encouraging dialogue. You cannot blame SC for the way the club is run. We all think the buck stops with the manager but don't forget the structure that has been put in place. I am afraid that SC does not have the power people seem to think he has..... 

49 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Maybe Moyes could be sold with a larger offer - we need someone to run BCFC or Bristol Sports footballing arm, could Moyes be offered the managers job with free reign to do whatever he feels he needs to get the club where it needs to go with the option to move up and run the club in the future. Lots complain the board, Lansdown etc know nothing about running a football club, but they are running the business side - Moyes could run the footballing side of the club in the future with Keith Burt (if he wants him), a larger stadium, club, academy, a regional plan get him to buy into making BCFC a regional footballing powerhouse and give him the money and resources to do it.... a long term, high profile, high paid job that allows him to settle in the area. Ask - worst case scenario he says no.

If only we had this ambition, if bloody only..

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Everton's highest finish under Moyes was fourth, in 2004/05, securing a Champions League spot.

I just looked him up on Wikipedia.  It seems his one and only trophy is the Div 2 (Lge 1 now)  over 15 years ago.  His best finish is over 10 years ago.

I'm sold!

Seriously, why do people want Moyes?

20 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I just looked him up on Wikipedia.  It seems his one and only trophy is the Div 2 (Lge 1 now)  over 15 years ago.  His best finish is over 10 years ago.

I'm sold!

Seriously, why do people want Moyes?

I think I'd best not answer this! ;)

seriously, I guess it's sentimental reasons as much as anything. A great player for us who because of a huge decision was rejected in favour of a manager who is still pretty much despised by all. It's a chance to turn the lock back, right a wrong, get some attention, put BristolCity on the football map. He will have contacts, ability and is a decent, honourable manager who is much respected. He wouldn't be pushed around by anyone, inside the club or outside.

personally as much as I'd like him here ( no I don't want Cotterill sacked) as I said before the bridges have been burnt.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think I'd best not answer this! ;)

seriously, I guess it's sentimental reasons as much as anything. A great player for us who because of a huge decision was rejected in favour of a manager who is still pretty much despised by all. It's a chance to turn the lock back, right a wrong, get some attention, put BristolCity on the football map. He will have contacts, ability and is a decent, honourable manager who is much respected. He wouldn't be pushed around by anyone, inside the club or outside.

personally as much as I'd like him here ( no I don't want Cotterill sacked) as I said before the bridges have been burnt.

I think if we are to use your first reason then we should consider Kelly Brook :P.

She'd certainly catch the attention of most of our players and put Bristol City on the map.

13 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I think if we are to use your first reason then we should consider Kelly Brook :P.

She'd certainly catch the attention of most of our players and put Bristol City on the map.

Not sure that getting our players attention would do any good, but then again I'm sure she could motivate them and they'd be queuing up for extra training! I'm not too confident of her knowledge of the offside rule though so maybe Kodjia will still need help.

Im pretty sure i heard an interview with moyes recently where he said he wanted a project. If sl was to put up a 15 million quid warchest and with the new stadium nearly finished, with the objective of promotion to the premier league, then i would expect that to be a desireable job. Might be a step too far to actually get moyes, but they ought to consider it.

Archived