IGNORED

My thoughts on today

Londoner

Gutted. We outfought reading and for were the better team, especially in the 2nd half....our defence was very solid including Frankie from 15 mins onwards and Reading didn't look like scoring.

its clear that the players are playing for the manager, they worked tirelessly and if it wasn't for a poor pitch and tired legs we could of broken them down on a few occasions. No way did we deserve to lose.

as for the not testing the keeper, someone who must take the blame is Freeman....he doesn't get into goal scoring positions...today Kodjia did a brilliant cut back and Freeman should of been there to knock it in....in that role we need someone who is going to contribute goals and get into positions.

i actually thought both Pack and Smith were solid but Smith not to his usual self....pack made an exceptional block I the first half to stop them scoring but still makes wrong decisions....doesn't deserve the stock he gets.

Eing backs decent especially Bennett...and we played some decent football at times on what was becoming a poor pitch.

Reasons to be cheerful though....and Cotts IMO deserves time.

Reading two best players were Norwood and Blackman...no suprises there.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Gutted. We outfought reading and for were the better team, especially in the 2nd half....our defence was very solid including Frankie from 15 mins onwards and Reading didn't look like scoring.

its clear that the players are playing for the manager, they worked tirelessly and if it wasn't for a poor pitch and tired legs we could of broken them down on a few occasions. No way did we deserve to lose.

as for the not testing the keeper, someone who must take the blame is Freeman....he doesn't get into goal scoring positions...today Kodjia did a brilliant cut back and Freeman should of been there to knock it in....in that role we need someone who is going to contribute goals and get into positions.

i actually thought both Pack and Smith were solid but Smith not to his usual self....pack made an exceptional block I the first half to stop them scoring but still makes wrong decisions....doesn't deserve the stock he gets.

Eing backs decent especially Bennett...and we played some decent football at times on what was becoming a poor pitch.

If our squad had been better used perhaps there would not have been  ' tired legs ' .

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Time to do what? He's had time to try things and hasn't. You must mean time to spend money, because his tactical ideas don't extend much with this group. 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If our squad had been better used perhaps there would not have been  ' tired legs ' .

Sorry but it was the same for both sides and we completely outfought reading. We adapted better than they did, hence the big applause for players at the end.

Couldn't disagree more I'm afraid, personally thought we were poor today. No attacking threat at all. No football played, we just constantly lump it into channels for poor old JK to chase.

Never looked like scoring and to have 8 offsides, in a game and 3 of those coming from free kicks is a joke!

Cotterill left the subs far too late again and the wrong sub, with 7 minutes left against a good reading side who had lots of quality still on a very off day. We played into their hands, should have shut up shop and took the draw!

Agree about Freeman been saying for a long long time that he should be nowhere near our team. He has absolutely 0 quality unless it's a deadball! 

Very disappointed and to be honest thought Cotts should have gone after Fulham, now I feel he HAS to go to give us a chance.

Too lightweight and gives the ball away easily. I admit LF isn't doing it but Bobby definitely not the answer.

Perhaps if our Manager wasn't so ridged he he could play with wingers instead if wingbacks. LF is a left winger, that might get the best out of him.

I don't like to say it but i think its time for a change.  

19 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Sorry but it was the same for both sides and we completely outfought reading. We adapted better than they did, hence the big applause for players at the end.

What a load of cods wallop, as for the applause all I saw was city fans trying to climb into the reading end in anger... Poor..

28 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Whats that time to guarantee relegation he's had more than enough time and its not working, team and manager out of there depth

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It's difficult to judge as we don't see him but SC sees him in training every day.

How many goals have we scored and how many points have we gained in training. This training excuse is wearing thin. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

How many goals have we scored and how many points have we gained in training. This training excuse is wearing thin. 

It just goes to further prove what a disaster the summer was. IMO they should both be out on loan in league one, but obviously we can't at the moment

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

They have not been given a chance, especially Burns who was our best player in the first game away at Sheff W, then given no real chance since!

I agree but my problem is that  had we got the players in we needed they would be out on loan now gaining experience. Its only my opinion but those young lads will not get us out of the shit we're in but i suppose anything is worth a try at the moment.

Archived