IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

Lots of press linking is with this chap today and I've just heard it's a done deal. 

For that reason, I'm going to give him his own thread and singularly pin all of my hopes upon him. 

Apparently his shoulders are broad enough to carry the weight of my expectation. 

1 down, 5 to go?

1 goal in 5 in the French 3rd division.... and to play in the U21s according to Brizzle Post..... this does not help BCFC. This cannot be a SC signing. Reality is that we are copying model of other clubs by buying abroad because players here want too much money. If he signs, good luck to the lad, but it is hardly the signing most expected or that the club has been pushing. Long way from gayle and gray......

It is also a lot to ask for a lad to come into the championship and score the goals to get us out of the mess we are in. 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Lots of press linking is with this chap today and I've just heard it's a done deal. 

For that reason, I'm going to give him his own thread and singularly pin all of my hopes upon him. 

Apparently his shoulders are broad enough to carry the weight of my expectation. 

1 down, 5 to go?

Yes his shoulders are wide he carries onions on them in France

BRISTOL City are understood to be close to concluding a deal to sign Cameroon-born striker Arnold Paul Garita from French club Chateauroux.

The 20-year-old, who has played for Chateauroux since 2012, will train and play with City's Under-21 squad.

The 5ft 9ins forward has made 26 appearances for the French third-tier side and scored six goals.

Garita first burst onto the French scene as a 17-year-old, scoring a senior goal for Chateauroux before he had even signed professional forms.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Robins-deal-French-youngster-Arnold/story-28469001-detail/story.html#ixzz3wPZNaDIb 
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Exciting stuff. 2 years ago Arsenal were thinking about signing him. A strong tall forward is needed as we've only got Wilbs. Kodjia has a mate to speak to and he's young and cost probably almost nothing. I'm excited. 

2 years ago Arsenal considered Nicholas Bendtner a viable striking option. 

But im gonna go with you on this. I'm excited too. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

2 French players in the squad might convince one or two other gems to take the trip across the Channel. 

Great. We can become the Newcastle United of the Championship/League 1. Recruiting a team full of cheap Frenchmen has worked wonders for them. (Not meant in an antagonistic way sorry!) 

Just now, lenred said:

Great. We can become the Newcastle United of the Championship/League 1. Recruiting a team full of cheap Frenchmen has worked wonders for them. (Not meant in an antagonistic way sorry!) 

No problem - I mean, if no English players want to join at least the French do! 

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

There's a bloke called Mahrez who signed for Leciester who ain't doing to shabby. 

1 minute ago, RobArnold10 said:

Five foot nine, not really a Wilbs replacement...

You're basing that on Wikipedia? (Stockhausen denied he wrote the age in the article). He looks a lot like 6'1 from YouTube and what I read on other sites.

Just now, Selred said:

There's a bloke called Mahrez who signed for Leciester who ain't doing to shabby. 

And for every bargain player who has succeeded, there are countless more who've flopped for a greater fee. It's just hit & miss at every club. French or not. Newcastle have a bench of expensive French players doing nothing; it's not just the cheap they buy.

Archived