IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

8 hours ago, Harry said:

If this does go through, then I'm glad we're looking at recruitment for the future, not for the now.  We must always have 2 plans in place, one for the immediate first team, and one for the next few years.  If this lad signs for the u21's, great, I'll hope he works hard, settles in, and we see him play some part in the next 2-3 years.

Yeah he'll probably get on in the 92nd minute one year all being well.

Didn't the last youngster we signed for the Under 21s go home after around a month?  That Ives chap?

And let's not kid ourselves; imagine this lad might end up around the first team, especially in our current situation numbers-wise.

On that note; anyone with a better perspective on the kids think any of them might be game for the challenge of helping us the second half of the season?

After all; Bryan made his first few appearances for us in the last relegation season, if I remember rightly.  Was at least nice to see a cameo from a talented home-grown player while we were doing not so well overall.

9 hours ago, Coombsy said:

BRISTOL City are understood to be close to concluding a deal to sign Cameroon-born striker Arnold Paul Garita from French club Chateauroux.

The 20-year-old, who has played for Chateauroux since 2012, will train and play with City's Under-21 squad.

The 5ft 9ins forward has made 26 appearances for the French third-tier side and scored six goals.

Garita first burst onto the French scene as a 17-year-old, scoring a senior goal for Chateauroux before he had even signed professional forms.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Robins-deal-French-youngster-Arnold/story-28469001-detail/story.html#ixzz3wPZNaDIb 
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

A story that in six lines manages to get his height wrong by some distance and gets his first names round the wrong way.

Quality, factual reporting, as ever.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Didn't the last youngster we signed for the Under 21s go home after around a month?  That Ives chap?

And let's not kid ourselves; imagine this lad might end up around the first team, especially in our current situation numbers-wise.

On that note; anyone with a better perspective on the kids think any of them might be game for the challenge of helping us the second half of the season?

After all; Bryan made his first few appearances for us in the last relegation season, if I remember rightly.  Was at least nice to see a cameo from a talented home-grown player while we were doing not so well overall.

The player has said himself he's been signed for the first team - source; his own Twitter page.

Laziness from the post assuming he's a youth player because he's young.

I'm not going to assume he is for the U21. Though if he comes in and plays up front and I'm Wes Burns, I'm handing in that transfer request asap. I can see Wes being bought by a championship club as well. Where he will show his blistering pace and get more game time than here for a better club and become an asset. We mismanage our young guys. No matter how ready or not ready you think they are, with as small as our squad is and has been, they should be getting some minutes in a rotation. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I'm not going to assume he is for the U21. Though if he comes in and plays up front and I'm Wes Burns, I'm handing in that transfer request asap. I can see Wes being bought by a championship club as well. Where he will show his blistering pace and get more game time than here for a better club and become an asset. We mismanage our young guys. No matter how ready or not ready you think they are, with as small as our squad is and has been, they should be getting some minutes in a rotation. 

The 'they are young lads' line is wearing thin. I don't understand why there is a reluctance to give them a chance, especially Wes.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The player has said himself he's been signed for the first team - source; his own Twitter page.

Laziness from the post assuming he's a youth player because he's young.

Cox and Robinson also spoke on Twitter about how much they were looking forward to joining our first team squad; being the former didn't even complete 90 mins of football in total for us, you'll forgive me being a touch skeptical of social media, even if it is from the gent himself.

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

Cox and Robinson also spoke on Twitter about how much they were looking forward to joining our first team squad; being the former didn't even complete 90 mins of football in total for us, you'll forgive me being a touch skeptical of social media, even if it is from the gent himself.

Good point, I bet neither envisaged how their respective stays at City were going to go. 

I really hope this works out, as I do with anything connected to BCFC but I just would like to reiterate that the standard in the French ligue 2 is generally poor and ligue 3 (championship) is appalling, Chateauroux is the size of Bridgwater and their opponents in the video Avaranches (a place I know well) is the size of Yatton.

What concerns me is the apparent lack of interest from French ligue 1 and even ligue 2 clubs, but as I said best of luck mate your'e going to need it.

20 minutes ago, handsofclay1909 said:

It is blindingly obvious that the height discrepancy can be accounted for by the fact that one of his legs is shorter than the other by 4 inches. Thus he is 5 ft 9 inches for 50% of the time and 6 ft 1 inches the other 50% of the time.

Can't be ruled out, alternatively he has simply grown several inches since the initial profiles were written when he was 17.

If so, the likelihood is he's still growing and his ultimate height is anybody's guess.

What isn't in doubt is his muscular bulk - at 13 and a half stones he's fully two stones heavier than the taller Wilbs.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Can't be ruled out, alternatively he has simply grown several inches since the initial profiles were written when he was 17.

If so, the likelihood is he's still growing and his ultimate height is anybody's guess.

What isn't in doubt is his muscular bulk - at 13 and a half stones he's fully two stones heavier than the taller Wilbs.

Anyone know his ' reach ' ? 

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I doubt Aaron Wilbraham is 11 and a half stone - he's probably 13 stone or so himself. Weights of players you find online are rarely correct. 

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I doubt Aaron Wilbraham is 11stone 5" - he's probably 13 stone or so himself. Weights of players you find online are rarely correct. 

By that reckoning, if they can be 2 stones out Gargantuan Garita could actually be more like 15 stone plus then??:blink:

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

By that reckoning, if they can be 2 stones out Gargantuan Garita could actually be more like 15 stone plus then??:blink:

Probably not, some weights will be correct others not - from looking at him 13 and a half looks about right. Wilbraham is a big guy, I bumped into him before an away game last season. 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably not, some weights will be correct others not - from looking at him 13 and a half looks about right. Wilbraham is a big guy, I bumped into him before an away game last season. 

I don't know but I've seen Kodjia out and about, and like Wilbs. he's tall and sinewy. What I'd describe as 'wiry.'

There's not an ounce of fat on either of them.

Strikes me as really odd that the OS might declare Wilbs. at a stone or so below his real weight.

What would be the point?

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't know but I've seen Kodjia out and about, and like Wilbs. he's tall and sinewy. What I'd describe as 'wiry.'

There's not an ounce of fat on either of them.

Strikes me as really odd that the OS might declare Wilbs. at a stone or so below his real weight.

What would be the point?

Just laziness really, Kodjia is very wiry - despite being 6ft+ he's probably 12 stone max

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just laziness really, Kodjia is very wiry - despite being 6ft+ he's probably 12 stone max

That's what I was getting at really - Kodjia's 12st. and a very similar build to Wilbs., so Wilbs. being 11 and a half to 12 stone is actually perfectly credible.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's what I was getting at really - Kodjia's 12st. and a very similar build to Wilbs., so Wilbs. being 11 and a half to 12 stone is actually perfectly credible.

No they're very different builds - Kodjia is an ectomorph and Wilbs a mesamorph - their makeup means Wilbs is heavier set and more muscle bound - it's quite interesting all the body types.

13 hours ago, Selred said:

There's a bloke called Mahrez who signed for Leciester who ain't doing to shabby. 

Absolutely, there are certainly gems to be unearthed of that I can testament to, it's just that most ligue 1 clubs possess quality players some destined for bigger and better things, but ligue 2 and ligue 3 are poor in comparison, expectations might need to be managed, but hey any contacts in France/Europe in general are a welcome departure for BCFC and should be supported.

Archived