IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

You know what, when I first saw this guys name pop up, I wasn't overly impressed. Having thought about it a bit more, having heard a bit more information about him, £50k might be the best £50k we've ever spent. It could also be the worst £50k we've ever spent. But it's £50k, and relatively speaking, in this day and age £50k is pennies. He's raw, hungry and willing to learn, and if cotterill thinks he's worth the punt, then why not. Of course it's not really what we need right now, but lets just see what he's like after he gets a feel for the place (if he gets any minutes that is..). 

ROBINS TARGET GARITA DEAL

Bristol City are closing in on striker Arnold Garita from French club Chateauroux.

The 20-year-old Cameroonian is on the verge of completing a £50,000 switch, with City waiting on international clearance and the final paperwork to be processed on the deal.

Robins manager Steve Cotterill said the forward could be included in the City squad for the FA Cup third-round tie at West Brom on Saturday.

"We had 'Arnie' on trial for two weeks back in November and liked what we saw," Cotterill told bcfc.co.uk. "He's a £50,000 punt. He's big, powerful, raw, hungry and plays with a smile on his face. There's just something about him."

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Good. Because it is a ridiculous signing.

Pathetic from the club and sums up our transfer dealings this season. 

Why is it a ridiculous signing?

A young player who was watched by Arsenal in the past, who isn't a journeyman, isn't past it.

He may be great, he may be awful, but I'd rather we waste £50k on a flop than £4 million on a flop.

Other players are lined up, it's not like Garita is our main and only target.

Couple of comments which were encouraging - Will be training with the first team in order to fast track him and the reason he hasn't played recently is because he is refusing to sign a contract - which suggests he has or had options available to him in the summer.

I think for £50k, it's a gamble worth taking. 

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Don't blame it on the sunlight
Don't blame it on the moonlight

Who will ever forget that OG he scored? What a player

One of the worst players to have a champions league winners medal.

7 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Couple of comments which were encouraging - Will be training with the first team in order to fast track him and the reason he hasn't played recently is because he is refusing to sign a contract - which suggests he has or had options available to him in the summer.

I think for £50k, it's a gamble worth taking. 

Just about to post this. I took from the interview with costs that garita is very much a first team signing

7 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Just about to post this. I took from the interview with costs that garita is very much a first team signing

Obviously we all hope this works out, but we need some experienced championship players in urgently, if we dont get them, then yes it is a rediculous signing.

being cynical - and reading between the lines, this 'news' story has been put out to try and calm nerves and make it look like something is happening, other than the creeping inactivity on the signings front.

it was described everywhere up to now as a signing for the U 21's, now it's possible first team one.

I hope he turns out to be a rough diamond as it were, but at £50K i'm not holding my breath.

he's retweeting literally anything on twitter.

"RT if you love willy"

"Whats Darrell Clarke wanks off dogs in French"

"RT if you think Kodjia couldn't hit a barn door m8"

"RT if you think Kodjia is always offside"

There are so many more.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

That's some fake account!

Has selfies taken in his car/house and is followed by fellow French footballers!

You could understand if the account appeared a few days ago but who would create a fake profile of a player who's in the equivalent of the vanarama.  That and his ex club wishing him well :blink:

I reckon Baker has got it wrong. It's ridiculously in depth considering he's a young, unknown player. It just doesn't look like that if it's fake, tweets go back months. Also, he was announcing the move on there a be replying to tweets from City fans a day or so it reached the press and very very shortly after it was spoke about on here.

Adrian Durham mentioned this transfer on Drive today, said it was rediculous spending £50k on a striker from the French lower leagues when there are plenty of lower league players in this country we could try.  This was in response to Posh chairman moaning that too much money is spent buying foreign players.  This implied we don't buy British which X of course is rubbish considering all our squad last year was British and only 2 this year are, plus the 3 home grown players in our squad

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

You could understand if the account appeared a few days ago but who would create a fake profile of a player who's in the equivalent of the vanarama.  That and his ex club wishing him well :blink:

And it's got pictures of - what I assume are nieces/nephews - if I remember. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

And it's got pictures of - what I assume are nieces/nephews - if I remember. 

Yep, I think Adam Baker has made a mistake with it and Arnie has misunderstood; said he's going to try again with google translate which implies he's not certain.

Reckon it's the club worried as he's Retweeting potentially dodgy stuff about dogs and darell Clark innocently but now he's a Bcfc player it doesn't look good. Bit embarrassing as he's tweeted it on BcfcTweets now.

Archived