IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

12 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

He looked big, strong, powerful and quick when he was warming up.  Actually may have been a stroke of genius from the club to sign him .... hope we get to see him play...

I also wonder how much of an impact he could have on Kodjia.

Having another guy in the dressing room who speaks French can't do any harm at all.

Scuffed a few in shooting practice and I genuinely think he was nervous shooting with 5000 of us behind the goal watching. He definately looks raw but my goodness is he absolutely built. Love the tweet. As he was getting ready  to do some sprints in the corner we all gave him a clap and he looked back and all eyes were on him and he looked shocked they were for him and he have a little clap back. Can't imagine how that felt. Hope he had a good career with us. 

And take this info how you'd like but he was wearing #19 shorts. Going by that it sounds as if he'll be around first team like Wes and Bobby

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Scuffed a few in shooting practice and I genuinely think he was nervous shooting with 5000 of us behind the goal watching. He definately looks raw but my goodness is he absolutely built. Love the tweet. As he was getting ready  to do some sprints in the corner we all gave him a clap and he looked back and all eyes were on him and he looked shocked they were for him and he have a little clap back. Can't imagine how that felt. Hope he had a good career with us. 

And take this info how you'd like but he was wearing #19 shorts. Going by that it sounds as if he'll be around first team like Wes and Bobby

He tweeted this back in February.

Garita arnold @GaritaSmith 15 Feb 2015

Je ne suis pas le plus talentueux,ni le plus lèche bote,mais ma détermination et mon travaille feront de moi le joueur que je veux devenir!!
Translated from French by Bing
I'm not the most talented, or the most licks bote, but my determination and my work will make me the player I want to become!

Great attitude!

18 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes, exactly my thoughts.  A bit raw, but a decent touch and skills from some juggling I witnessed.

Check him out here, from some video I took earlier;

There was one funny bit where the Albion mascot was racing him (not in video).  A young Dele / Chief in the making.  Is that good or bad?

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, exactly my thoughts.  A bit raw, but a decent touch and skills from some juggling I witnessed.

There was one funny bit where the Albion mascot was racing him (not in video).  A young Dele / Chief in the making.  Is that good or bad?

Tweet him the video Dave I'm sure he'd really like to see that 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If you were sat there you were right in front of me. His first sprint he had some pace. Looked winded after though. Reading way too much into it but was nice to see a new face and he was smiling and having a laugh with the boys. Through all we've been through this season they still look like top lads our team. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

If you were sat there you were right in front of me. His first sprint he had some pace. Looked winded after though. Reading way too much into it but was nice to see a new face and he was smiling and having a laugh with the boys. Through all we've been through this season they still look like top lads our team. 

Agree, helps freshen up the squad.

i was in the row immediately behind the wheelchair row as my son was there.

Can't wait for him to play and hear the fans sing;

"he tweets what he wants, he tweets want he wants, Arnold Garita, he tweets what he wants" - cult figure already!

How many rows back were you?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, helps freshen up the squad.

i was in the row immediately behind the wheelchair row as my son was there.

Can't wait for him to play and hear the fans sing;

"he tweets what he wants, he tweets want he wants, Arnold Garita, he tweets what he wants" - cult figure already!

How many rows back were you?

Row M. Bet your son was buzzing when they celebrated there after our second. I know mine was. He lives in Texas and this was his first away game. Can tell by his face it won't be forgotten soon. 

He loves a tweet though. He's just got a positivity about him. International clearance hasn't gone through yet and I hope it isn't a problem. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If he has a career anywhere near those two he will have done very, very well.

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Having another guy in the dressing room who speaks French can't do any harm at all.

Depends what he says !

This site behaves very strangely since the changes were made .

My last post was meant to be a reply to the above but was coupled with another completely different !

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I think it's a genius bit of business. For £50k plus wages we may keep Kodja long enough to see the best from him. Even if they aren't best mates, it'll help both of them to settle and who knows how good Garita will be?  His attitude via Twitter is already showing genuine character.

Kodja may well have suggested him to our scouts.

Just make sure that they both gradually learn English and I think this is very shrewd from the club.

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

SC said post match he is not the solution for right now, but one they will try and develop and to not read much into it yet. was strange to see him warming up. Never seen that before. Looks like this season he will be used to get him up to fitness levels.  

I watch our shooting warm ups quite a bit and some of our most clinical in them are defenders and midfielders. Always impressed with Del's shooting. Our strikers usually miss. I watch other teams and they seemingly place them in corners every time. It's obviously not the final factor for success but I thought we'd take it a bit more seriously than we do. 

Archived