IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

"Steve Cotterill reveals #BristolCity had Garita on trial in November and a deal has been agreed with his French club".

That should end the debate that I have seen on here that the club could not have had irons in the fire much earlier..... We should have 5 or 6 deals lined up and ready to be sealed as soon as the window open. This deal is not even confirmed yet despite the posts on here....

From the Post...

BRISTOL City have agreed a fee to sign Cameroonian striker Arnold Garita from French third Division side LB Chateauroux.

The Robins have parted £50,000 for the 22-year-old, who underwent a trial in November, and he has been signed predominantly to play for Wade Elliott's under-21 side.

However, if the paperwork for Garita is done on time manager Steve Cotterill could place him on the bench for the FA Cup game with West Brom at the Hawthorns this weekend.

Cotterill said: "He's big, young, raw and hungry. "He's a 50,000 punt and I just feel there is something about him."

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

From the Post...

BRISTOL City have agreed a fee to sign Cameroonian striker Arnold Garita from French third Division side LB Chateauroux.

The Robins have parted £50,000 for the 22-year-old, who underwent a trial in November, and he has been signed predominantly to play for Wade Elliott's under-21 side.

However, if the paperwork for Garita is done on time manager Steve Cotterill could place him on the bench for the FA Cup game with West Brom at the Hawthorns this weekend.

Cotterill said: "He's big, young, raw and hungry. "He's a 50,000 punt and I just feel there is something about him."

He's 20 according to every other site. Classic Bristol Post. :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Chateauroux have a midfielder called Damien Plessis....some may recall him from Liverpool days, a tall gangly central midfielder with Djimi Traore ability.

Don't blame it on the sunlight
Don't blame it on the moonlight

Who will ever forget that OG he scored? What a player

57 minutes ago, Selred said:

He's 20 according to every other site. Classic Bristol Post. :facepalm:

So Stockhausen got his name, height and age all wrong, yet some still believed him when he said he'd only play for the U21s?

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So Stockhausen got his name, height and age all wrong, yet some still believed him when he said he'd only play for the U21s?

To be fair Stockhausen didn't write the latest report, but you're correct about height and playing status! 

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just watched the player interview - SC looks thrilled with Garita - his whole demeanour changed when talking about him, smiling and laughing. Could be very interesting if he develops well, SC thinks we've got a gem I reckon.

One thing's for sure,if he starts games,the opposition won't know a thing about him,a totally unknown quantity.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Just been described as a ridiculous signing on talksport.

How can paying 50k for a prospect be a bad thing. It isn't hard to make that money back. He's just gotta be an ok player. Worth the risk especially considering our difficulty recruiting. 

Only problem I would have with him playing Saturday is that Wes deserves a chance before him. Wes is doing all the right things, has played at a higher level and is progressing through his international team at a good rate. Wales can't afford to only play players on reputation so it tells me he's got something about him. It wouldn't bode well for him if Garita starts on Saturday. Some will disagree but we honestly don't know what we have with Wes or Bobby for that matter. We don't know how they would respond in this league with some time. So yea that would be my one gripe. Don't mind if he plays but if he starts and Wes on the bench then it's a bit awkward. 

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Just been described as a ridiculous signing on talksport.

Was tempted to call in over this. They basically singled us out as a poor example of money leaving the english game. They also asked the question why we weren't looking in the lower leagues, non league and locally. 

Whilst it was unfair to single us out they have a point and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of city fans want us to be in and around the Adomahs of the world - those rough diamonds hidden in the lower leagues that the big time has passed by. 

Ultimately though I felt like getting the frustration that we have a manager complaining about funds and an owner saying funds available. Who is bending the truth here? 

I am led to believe SC simply is not a manager players want to work with. Word about his bizarre loans will travel.

Archived