IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

News from previous players signed for the academy coming out of the club was either non existant or very late.

Whether or not they make some sort of announcement should give us a clue as to whether he is being signed to compete for a first team place or play for the academy.

So you think Kodjia is a 'lean and delicate build of body', and Wilbs. is a person whose body is 'compact and muscular'?

Had to look those up, but my only comment is having seen Kodjia close up there's certainly nothing delicate about him.

They're both 'lean' imo. and Kodjia's also a powerful looking athlete up close, all sinew and muscle.

Anyway, I'll bow to your obvious greater knowledge of body types - I have none - but  can only say if you ever go to Sainsbury's and happen to bump into JK you might be surprised.

49 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So you think Kodjia is a 'lean and delicate build of body', and Wilbs. is a person whose body is 'compact and muscular'?

Had to look those up, but my only comment is having seen Kodjia close up there's certainly nothing delicate about him.

They're both 'lean' imo. and Kodjia's also a powerful looking athlete up close, all sinew and muscle.

Anyway, I'll bow to your obvious greater knowledge of body types - I have none - but  can only say if you ever go to Sainsbury's and happen to bump into JK you might be surprised.

I've studied it fairly closely having worked in physical training but there is a few obvious differences between the two. If you were to look at Kodjia's ankles, calves and wrists I'd bet the bone structure would be much more delicate than Wilbraham's for example. The slight differences also account for the player's stamina, top speed and agility. 

54 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've studied it fairly closely having worked in physical training but there is a few obvious differences between the two. If you were to look at Kodjia's ankles, calves and wrists I'd bet the bone structure would be much more delicate than Wilbraham's for example. The slight differences also account for the player's stamina, top speed and agility. 

I reckon Wilbs's "fast twitch muscle fibres" are not quite as "fast" or "twitchy" as Kodj's, but I'm no expert on these things...

55 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If we don't pull away from the relegation zone soon all our fast twitch sphincter muscles are going to take a hammering .

This post looks like an open-goal invitation to someone like yourself, Major. Fire away! 

Well footballdatabase.eu is already showing Garita as our player. Here are the stats they have for him:

Coupe de France (cup):   4 matches (1 start) - 2 goals

Coupe de la Ligue (cup):  1 match (1 start) - 1 goal

Ligue 2 (league):    24 matches (3 starts) - 5 goals

National:   5 matches (2 starts) - 1 goal

CFA 2 Groupe B (think this is reserves):   42 matches (37 starts) - 23 goals

Eliminatoires CA (??):   1 match (1 start) - 0 goals

So by my reckoning thats 32 goals in 77 games OR 32 goals in 45 starts.

If you take out the reserves stats its still 9 goals in 7 starts.

Not bad...

4 minutes ago, Devereux said:

Well footballdatabase.eu is already showing Garita as our player. Here are the stats they have for him:

Coupe de France (cup):   4 matches (1 start) - 2 goals

Coupe de la Ligue (cup):  1 match (1 start) - 1 goal

Ligue 2 (league):    24 matches (3 starts) - 5 goals

National:   5 matches (2 starts) - 1 goal

CFA 2 Groupe B (think this is reserves):   42 matches (37 starts) - 23 goals

Eliminatoires CA (??):   1 match (1 start) - 0 goals

So by my reckoning thats 32 goals in 77 games OR 32 goals in 45 starts.

If you take out the reserves stats its still 9 goals in 7 starts.

Not bad...

If we do sign him, will he go straight into our first team or is he an u21 signing?

40 minutes ago, Devereux said:

We will know soon enough as they always announce first team signings (and do a press conference), whereas signings for the development squad (like Ives) don't tend to be announced.

is that 'orrible' Ives from Slade prison ??

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Anyone know his ' reach ' ? 

Hopefully longer than Mark Little's :whistle:

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No luckily! He's a gentle giant - happy to stop for a chat and picture on his way to the dressing room. 

Indeed he is...and when he's out shopping with his missus and looking decidedly bored.

Whoever earlier used the word 'lean' to describe Wilbs...that's my scientific (!!) word for him too.

8 minutes ago, ashtonphil said:

I have been assured that he signed at 2pm on Tuesday afternoon.

Source incredibly reliable - unable to name it

That being the case, I'm presuming we've zero reason to be excited, because considering that suggests he's a u21 player and we don't play anyone from that team (heck; we barely play the first team players who don't start) then he'll not be bothering the match day squad.

Seems like we've signed more players for the u21s on permanent contracts than we have for the first the last 12 months, for what good that has done us.

1 minute ago, samo II said:

That being the case, I'm presuming we've zero reason to be excited, because considering that suggests he's a u21 player and we don't play anyone from that team (heck; we barely play the first team players who don't start) then he'll not be bothering the match day squad.

Seems like we've signed more players for the u21s on permanent contracts than we have for the first the last 12 months, for what good that has done us.

It doesn't seem that way. We have signed more development players than first team. Hopefully we can look back on this season 3 years from now and say we did good business and developing of Garita, McCoulskey and Morrell.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It doesn't seem that way. We have signed more development players than first team. Hopefully we can look back on this season 3 years from now and say we did good business and developing of Garita, McCoulskey and Morrell.

And hopefully that won't be in League One.

Hopefully.

If he can speak the lingo he can hopefully link up with Kodjia and help explain that the through ball won't ever arrive.

More seriously, I'm happy as it's a signing and the ball is rolling. Previously scouted by Arsenal, Newcastle and Wolfsburg; whether he's Mahrez or Styvar, if nothing else the coverage shows other players we're recruiting. This can only be positive. 

We needed more players. He's a player. It's s step forward 

Archived