IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, I think Adam Baker has made a mistake with it and Arnie has misunderstood; said he's going to try again with google translate which implies he's not certain.

Reckon it's the club worried as he's Retweeting potentially dodgy stuff about dogs and darell Clark innocently but now he's a Bcfc player it doesn't look good. Bit embarrassing as he's tweeted it on BcfcTweets now.

It is a bit embarrassing, but far less embarrassing than what the rest of the BCFC staff have been up to this year! 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

It is a bit embarrassing, but far less embarrassing than what the rest of the BCFC staff have been up to this year! 

Ha true, I've also noticed the account has been in existence since 2013!! You'd be hard pressed to find such a long running fake of such an obscure player.. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

New player posts messages without thinking, followed by club trying to cover it up by posting messages without thinking.  

It's like a metaphor for our transfer policy...  

And fair play to the lad if that is his Twitter; at least he's excited about joining us - I hope he does well; a 20 Cameroonian Wilbraham-esk bloke throwing his weight around on our behalf will at least raise spirits, if nothing else.

And if we learnt nothing from Baz Savage's time with us, it should be that when you've never heard of a player, you should expect the unexpected...

1 minute ago, BCFC Jordan said:

SC seems to really like his attitude too. Though says he doesn't have a clue what's going on around him due to the language barrier!

He's said similar about Kodjia, who has been one of our best players.

Perhaps we should sign a team full of players who don't know what's going on; might be the solution...

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently he`s just nipped back to France to tie up a few things but.......

he`ll be back.

(can`t believe I`m the first one!)

thought this was a Emad Moteb reference

27 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

SC seems to really like his attitude too. Though says he doesn't have a clue what's going on around him due to the language barrier!

I thought Cott's was English .

4 hours ago, Selred said:

Why is it a ridiculous signing?

A young player who was watched by Arsenal in the past, who isn't a journeyman, isn't past it.

He may be great, he may be awful, but I'd rather we waste £50k on a flop than £4 million on a flop.

Other players are lined up, it's not like Garita is our main and only target.

Because we need to be signing players who are all but ready for this level.

We have signed a kid who plays for the French equivilant of Clifton Rockets for Christ sake.

Sorry. It's truely woeful from the club. This whole season has proved what a shambles we really are, and has only reinforced my opinion that we will never improve on what we are. A yo yo club between league 1 and the Championship 

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We have signed a kid who plays for the French equivilant of Clifton Rockets for Christ sake.

Sorry. It's truely woeful from the club. This whole season has proved what a shambles we really are, and has only reinforced my opinion that we will never improve on what we are. A yo yo club between league 1 and the Championship 

Their ground holds 17k. Average gates of around 7k. Just a bit bigger than Clifton rockets ffs

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We will sign players who are ready for this level. At no point has young Garita been made out to be the saviour. 

Garita hasn't been signed over anyone else, think of him as more of a bonus addition who will be good in the long term. How in anyway is his signing a bad thing?

6 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Was tempted to call in over this. They basically singled us out as a poor example of money leaving the english game. They also asked the question why we weren't looking in the lower leagues, non league and locally. 

Whilst it was unfair to single us out they have a point and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of city fans want us to be in and around the Adomahs of the world - those rough diamonds hidden in the lower leagues that the big time has passed by. 

Ultimately though I felt like getting the frustration that we have a manager complaining about funds and an owner saying funds available. Who is bending the truth here? 

I am led to believe SC simply is not a manager players want to work with. Word about his bizarre loans will travel.

When there's millions and millions leaving the game from the prem every transfer window how can anyone single us out?? £50k is nothing relatively speaking. You wouldn't get anyone above the conference level for that much!

55 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Clifton Rockets once had a goalie who broke the record for consecutive clean sheets.  They had a few good players in their day!

How do I know this....a certain newspaper cutting.  

1308DE93-FA88-4220-8FB7-B52E22D8EEDA_zps

i kept it for the article in the left column!

Archived