IGNORED

Keith Burt: Please explain yourself

MarkRed!

In May 2013, Keith Burt was appointed as Director of Football (quite why we need one) but this was his mandate

"BRISTOL City have announced a major change in their management structure by appointing Keith Burt as director of football.

Recruited to serve as chief scout earlier this year, the former Nottingham Forest man will provide a crucial link between head coach Sean O'Driscoll and the Ashton Gate board of directors.

An avowed football man with an impressive track record, Burt's remit will involve taking responsibility for the playing budget and maintaining a regular dialogue between the board and management team and players.

Already overseeing player recruitment, Burt will also be charged with dealing with agents and contractual negotiations for players and staff, a sphere previously presided over by chairman Keith Dawe and managing director Jon Lansdown".

So if you are reading this Mr Burt, the court is in session and you are charged with undermining our manager, fans and team. You are leading us to the brink of relegation - how do you plead......

Just now, MarkRed! said:

In May 2013, Keith Dawe was appointed as Director of Football (quite why we need one) but this was his mandate

"BRISTOL City have announced a major change in their management structure by appointing Keith Burt as director of football.

Recruited to serve as chief scout earlier this year, the former Nottingham Forest man will provide a crucial link between head coach Sean O'Driscoll and the Ashton Gate board of directors.

An avowed football man with an impressive track record, Burt's remit will involve taking responsibility for the playing budget and maintaining a regular dialogue between the board and management team and players.

Already overseeing player recruitment, Burt will also be charged with dealing with agents and contractual negotiations for players and staff, a sphere previously presided over by chairman Keith Dawe and managing director Jon Lansdown".

So if you are reading this Mr Dawe, the court is in session and you are charged with undermining our manager, fans and team. You are leading us to the brink of relegation - how do you plead......

Any reply yet?

:phone:

Uncle TFR

2 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

In May 2013, Keith Burt was appointed as Director of Football (quite why we need one) but this was his mandate

So if you are reading this Mr Burt, the court is in session and you are charged with undermining our manager, fans and team. You are leading us to the brink of relegation - how do you plead......

Maybe someone somewhere has decided they know best and have no desire to work with Mr Burt, and if Mr Burt were to use their contacts to bring in a striker on loan, this someone might think their position is being undermined and refuses to play them for the duration of their loan period....

Speculation, naturally.

2 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

In May 2013, Keith Dawe was appointed as Director of Football (quite why we need one) but this was his mandate

So if you are reading this Mr Dawe, the court is in session and you are charged with undermining our manager, fans and team. You are leading us to the brink of relegation - how do you plead......

Blimey - so it's Keith Dawe who was appointed (by himself) as Director of Football.

It sort of all makes sense now.

22 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Ah yes but apparently all of this was changed by SC and SL has not informed the fans about it, apparently.

12 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

At the start of the season SL made it clear he wasn't going to play players agents vast fees, could this be part of the reason why players available always end up at other clubs?

He was quoted recently as saying...'maybe we should be paying Agents more' as well....in respect to the problems in landing targets.

• Admin

"Owner Steve Lansdown is prepared to fund new signings and manager Steve Cotterill and director of football Keith Burt are actively pursuing a number of prime targets."
Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Don-t-believe-speculation-says-chief/story-26767497-detail/story.html#ixzz3wTcj9gae 

so what went wrong?!?!?

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

"Owner Steve Lansdown is prepared to fund new signings and manager Steve Cotterill and director of football Keith Burt are actively pursuing a number of prime targets."
Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Don-t-believe-speculation-says-chief/story-26767497-detail/story.html#ixzz3wTcj9gae 

so what went wrong?!?!?

I guess we didn't play the agents game, and ultimately lost due to this. 

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

so what went wrong?!?!?

They had different targets.

Presumably Burt has a budget and a wage ceiling to work to, and probably a limit of what we are prepared to pay an agent for doing a deal?

If we don't offer enough money, transfer fee, wage or agents fees then how does this fall at his feet? If we had an unlimited budget I suspect it would be somewhat easier to get people here. That's without going up against the likes of Burnley for potential signings. Maybe, just maybe, if the purse strings were loosened then it may make his job a little easier

There was something doing the rounds on twitter the other night suggesting that SL & Pelling had retracted offers to Gray and Maguire in the hope they would become cheaper as the summer went on. Now, I can't say that I believe that 100%, but if it were the case then it's possible that Burt's mandate has changed since he joined

Whichever person you want to point a finger at I'm find with, because someone is to blame for the cluster****. Pelling leaving makes me think that maybe he took the bullet, but, looking from the outside, I can't see how the blame can be laid at his door completely either. Unless the paragraph above is true, in which case, good riddance

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Presumably Burt has a budget and a wage ceiling to work to, and probably a limit of what we are prepared to pay an agent for doing a deal?

So this puts JL's answer of never turning down an offer taken to him in a different light

My money is still on the line "the loan transfer window opens the first week in February, so there is no need to rush"

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

So this puts JL's answer of never turning down an offer taken to him in a different light

My money is still on the line "the loan transfer window opens the first week in February, so there is no need to rush"

Phants - something tells me that this exact line will get rolled out in the near future. And it scares the crap out of me!

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Whatever the truth actually seeing evidence that he is still alive would be a start.

I'm not completely convinced that he wasn't kidnapped six months ago and we are unwilling to pay the ransom..

Or "Agent's Fee" as Steve Lansdown would probably call it 

I get sooooo fed up with threads on here looking to "blame" for the clubs lack,of signings last summer.

I heard Junior Lansdown explain to the senior reds why, despite previously stating that signings were "in the pipe line" that only Kodjia joined City. 

I have posted his reply on here several times but it seems not many people read it or if they did have forgotten it.

The bottom line is that blaming someone or something is pretty pointless. Fact is City are struggling through  lack of quality signings last summer but apportionating blame now won't change that reality. 

Im more concerned about this current window than I am about whose blame it was last summer. I seriously can't see any better quality players signing for us.

Just now, Robbored said:

I get sooooo fed up with threads on here looking to "blame" for the clubs lack,of signings last summer.

I heard Junior Lansdown explain to the senior reds why, despite previously stating that signings were "in the pipe line" that only Kodjia joined City. 

I have posted his reply on here several times but it seems not many people read it or if they did have forgotten it.

The bottom line is that blaming someone or something is pretty pointless. Fact is City are struggling through  lack of quality signings last summer but apportionating blame now won't change that reality. 

Im more concerned about this current window than I am about whose blame it was last summer. I seriously can't see any better quality players signing for us.

The 'pipe line' is modern parlance for the Channel Tunnel. So he wasn't telling fibs.

We never had these problems when it was just called the 'Chunnel'.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Really don't care about that.

In most lines of work feeble excuses result in the sack.

We seem frighteningly complacent as to just how much damage relegation will do.

Archived