IGNORED

Todays Press Conference.

Selred

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

When OXO starts to crumble then we've reached a new level! 

I'm with you mate. I'm not quite as patient as you but can spot a turd when I see it. 

We're in a right state. 

Cotswold its desperate! 

You try hard to believe that bad luck and greed beat us in August, but it is now a complete cluster! 

We look fifth rate from top to bottom when it comes to running a business including the football management.

I feel for the players, it's not there fault they need some help, it's been clear since May for this division, but who could have imagined we would be here back then!

Unfortunately the name Cotterill is not enough to attract players and we are making the same mistakes now that we did in July if the latest trash coming out is true. Perhaps the names Moyes or Warnock will get some attention?!

i still think we can get out of this, but something has to change radically somewhere within the club to change the dynamic.

Clearly SL is wealthy enough to see us back in div three but his patience would be severely tested as it seems everybody he has put faith in is intent on ****in it up!

• Admin
6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We look fifth rate from top to bottom when it comes to running a business including the football management.

Agree that it's looking to be more and more a disaster and just a continual case of papering over increasing cracks

My serious question would be how much of this is down to Bristol sport? 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Agree that it's looking to be more and more a disaster and just a continual case of papering over increasing cracks

My serious question would be how much of this is down to Bristol sport? 

I don't see a Bristol Sport issue Phantom. My thought is that BS may be running simultaneously with BCFC But I don't see it as a reason for what is happening at the FC. 

The football club have funds they have just chosen how to try and spend them poorly. Various conspiracy theories have been posted lately, some I suspect with at least some truth within them, but to be frank I see this as an issue with the board and the team management nothing else.

Poor recruitment, poor selection, poor results and a team starting to look low on confidence at both ends and particularly in the middle! I would have trouble blaming Bristol Sport for that as all it really is, is a promotional vehicle for professional sport in the area.

Unless you know something?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I don't see a Bristol Sport issue Phantom. My thought is that BS may be running simultaneously with BCFC But I don't see it as a reason for what is happening at the FC. 

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, but I didn't think anyone was employed by Bristol City anymore?

I thought they were all under one umbrella now?

Just now, phantom said:

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick, but I didn't think anyone was employed by Bristol City anymore?

I thought they were all under one umbrella now?

The board of the club are on the official website. Some staff that were part of the operation of the FC may now be Bristol Sport but the FC is ran by its own board (at least for now)

What I can't accept there seems to be a lack of urgency from the board, or anyone that can make a difference. It's as though they want relegation, most odd. You would hope that SL would be a bit more up front and ruthless wouldn't you?  

Oh! for a bit of honesty and clarity about the situation, all we get is spin,spin, spin, the latest signing was no more than 'worth a punt', well if that doesn't sum up the lack of urgency I don't know what does.

Sorry to say this club is fast becoming the laughing stock of all four leagues, rarely have I seen such incompetence in any business that has a customer base so large, and so dependent on their continued support,  

Is it worth  turning up tomorrow Mr Chairman? Go on then Stevie, worth a punt I suppose. 

And what about the thousands that are making the trip, spending their hard earned, only to see another stuffing?  Of course when you have £m's it's a drop in the ocean, no worries, but the writing is on the wall, you cannot expect folk to shell out to watch a defeat every match, almost.

Quite often I will type stuff out and then delete it because I can't be arsed to go around in circles, we all have our opinions and yet have no real idea what is actually going on !

Right for my 5p's worth.... As far as I can tell......

We can't compete. but we can bid £9m , we can match Burnley's wage offer for a striker, but we can't get a loan player to sign, we are building for the Prem, while sliding into Div 3, we are desperate for bodies, but we will wait until the end of the window to see what happens !!!! FFS !!

One thing that stands out in all this complete and utter mess is , there are factions inside of the club that are clearly working against each other. 

Cott's said we needed bodies, Burt (I'm guessing here) gets loan players in. Whether they were on Cott's list who knows. Cott's , maybe because he didn't sign them doesn't play them. Petulant ? Stupid? One things for sure it's not in the best interest of the club whatever he says. When he was floggin Wilbs into the ground and saying Agard wasn't fit for 90 mins, why not play Cox ? 20/25 mins at the end of the game to give Wilbs a rest may have helped. Moore? I wasn't that impressed, Robinson? was it the Grealish incident? Whatever, we were short on players and yet he wouldn't play them, or Reid and Burns come to that. Now I know that some managers don't like the Director of football or whatever the position is called, but we need Father Lansdown to come in and bang some heads together, read the riot act and get everyone playing in the same direction. If SC doesn't like that I would get someone in who was happy to work in the structure that has been put in place. It is vital we stay up, revenue would have risen massively already, a look at the concourse pre match proves that. We stay up and season tickets may stay around the same level, match day revenue would rise again (away ticket boost, more tickets available for bigger games etc.). Which would all lead us to being more able to compete, all be it below the levels of the ex-Prem sides, which at any one time could be 8 teams with parachutes !

Right got that off of my chest , I'm off to my darkend room rocking slowly backwards and forward until we sign 2 or 3 quality players.:shutup:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Good for you Brian . :clapping:

i could live with that as well , if only our club did n't keep selling us the lies about their objectives which make us all so frustrated .

Why do Bristol City need a 27000 seater stadium if it is to play in front of 10000 diehard supporters against Chesterfield , S****horpe and the other usual suspects ?

Is that what gets your pulse racing ?

We are continually let down by this club and some people wonder why we moan .

I would sooner watch Bristol City v S****horpe rather than the club be the next Glasgow Rangers or Newport County.

Of course Bristol City v Arsenal would be preferable, as long as we have 11+ fit players :)

At the moment we have a 15,000 seater stadium.

Anyway, my main point is that footballers are paid too much and if clubs stopped overpaying then the wages would come down.

2 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Seems I am in the minority here but I applaud Bristol City for having a wage cap / structure. Footballers are paid too much and it is destroying football clubs (and possibly the game itself but that is another discussion, see Peterborough chairman's recent comments). Ok so relegation this season is a real threat but at least we will have a club to support next season. Can Bolton et al say the same?

I support Bristol City because they are my local team. I can attend pretty much every home game, enjoy a social with mates and watch what I consider to be in the main a decent game of football (in the flesh, which is a million times better than watching a game on TV). I do not support Bristol City in hope of glory days. If I wanted glory I would support Man Utd with all the other arm chair fans. IF glory comes to Bristol City, I will of course be happy about it, but it is not the be all and end all.

I would sooner we sign nobody than sign those not good enough or who want too much money.

I don't think that anyone has an issue with the wage cap / structure - it's more at the level that it's been set at for Championship football. 12 months ago you could have gone out and set plans for promotion, it was always going to happen - we didn't, and we've been left 'surprised' at the wages needed to compete at this level.....when we'd only been out of it for two seasons. Amateur (the football club, not you, Brian!)

11 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I really don't get the Wes Burns loving on here. He has barely proved himself at LG2 level, just because he has banged in a few goals for Wales u21's against Luxembourg and Armenia doesn't make him the answer to our problems. Should Cotts use him when our strikers are knackered yes freshen up from the bench but long-term solution? I am yet to see it.

I guess we will never know, hungry, quick and determined with all due respect to Alby, he's knackered after half an hour and Wes pace couples with Kodjia would be a nightmare, I think we'd be looking at 3 points against Reading I'd this move would have been made.

23 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

I would sooner watch Bristol City v S****horpe rather than the club be the next Glasgow Rangers or Newport County.

Of course Bristol City v Arsenal would be preferable, as long as we have 11+ fit players :)

At the moment we have a 15,000 seater stadium.

Anyway, my main point is that footballers are paid too much and if clubs stopped overpaying then the wages would come down.

I'd rather rip every limb from my body than  

37 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Quite often I will type stuff out and then delete it because I can't be arsed to go around in circles, we all have our opinions and yet have no real idea what is actually going on !

Right for my 5p's worth.... As far as I can tell......

We can't compete. but we can bid £9m , we can match Burnley's wage offer for a striker, but we can't get a loan player to sign, we are building for the Prem, while sliding into Div 3, we are desperate for bodies, but we will wait until the end of the window to see what happens !!!! FFS !!

One thing that stands out in all this complete and utter mess is , there are factions inside of the club that are clearly working against each other. 

Cott's said we needed bodies, Burt (I'm guessing here) gets loan players in. Whether they were on Cott's list who knows. Cott's , maybe because he didn't sign them doesn't play them. Petulant ? Stupid? One things for sure it's not in the best interest of the club whatever he says. When he was floggin Wilbs into the ground and saying Agard wasn't fit for 90 mins, why not play Cox ? 20/25 mins at the end of the game to give Wilbs a rest may have helped. Moore? I wasn't that impressed, Robinson? was it the Grealish incident? Whatever, we were short on players and yet he wouldn't play them, or Reid and Burns come to that. Now I know that some managers don't like the Director of football or whatever the position is called, but we need Father Lansdown to come in and bang some heads together, read the riot act and get everyone playing in the same direction. If SC doesn't like that I would get someone in who was happy to work in the structure that has been put in place. It is vital we stay up, revenue would have risen massively already, a look at the concourse pre match proves that. We stay up and season tickets may stay around the same level, match day revenue would rise again (away ticket boost, more tickets available for bigger games etc.). Which would all lead us to being more able to compete, all be it below the levels of the ex-Prem sides, which at any one time could be 8 teams with parachutes !

Right got that off of my chest , I'm off to my darkend room rocking slowly backwards and forward until we sign 2 or 3 quality players.:shutup:

Can I add ignorant, belligerent and IMHO to save his "reputation" will walk in March whe were already dead and buried.

SL is the boss he's clearly set down guidelines and SC seems to be unhappy and intent on not working with those guide lines. If we are going to stay up we need a man who's respected, experienced can draw in some quality loans (ex clubs- manager mates) or "work the market. I'm talking about a man whose additions would set us sip to be adaptable and drop the awful 3-5-2 formation, which at this level simply doesn't work.

SL needs to seek some expert footballing advice , maybe a call to Moyes or Big joe and ask them can this big mess be fixed with my current managerial team, I'm sure when any of us invest in something, especially something which could deliver disastrous consequences if it goes wrong, we get advice, this is no different proper dudilligence is needed here and fast.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I'd rather rip every limb from my body than  

Can I add ignorant, belligerent and IMHO to save his "reputation" will walk in March whe were already dead and buried.

SL is the boss he's clearly set down guidelines and SC seems to be unhappy and intent on not working with those guide lines. If we are going to stay up we need a man who's respected, experienced can draw in some quality loans (ex clubs- manager mates) or "work the market. I'm talking about a man whose additions would set us sip to be adaptable and drop the awful 3-5-2 formation, which at this level simply doesn't work.

SL needs to seek some expert footballing advice , maybe a call to Moyes or Big joe and ask them can this big mess be fixed with my current managerial team, I'm sure when any of us invest in something, especially something which could deliver disastrous consequences if it goes wrong, we get advice, this is no different proper dudilligence is needed here and fast.

SL should've taken footballing advice a long, long time ago. A wonderfully respected and successful businessman he may be, but a football man? Not a chance

We have had since the summer to identify targets we can afford. Our scouting seems to be piss poor. Sugar dad Lansdown can not bail us out for ever. Keith Burt and Steve Cotterill are paid to recruit players but what do they do? Nothing it seems. Can not even present a list of targets til christmas. Poor Steve Lansdown.

23 hours ago, Super said:

This seriously worries me.

As per normal I keep logging on for a morsel of good news. All I / we seem to get is doom and gloom and rightly so imo. The only crumb of comfort is that I am one of many desperate souls desperate for my beloved club to pull out of this nose dive. The press conference has made me feel even worse. Odds on Lambert as any time goalscorer tomorrow?? ffs

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Since March/April, which reflects even worse on the shambles of our transfer strategy both in and out. 

I'm with you, what the **** have KB and SC been doing? Yes, all well and good aiming high, but do they not have an understanding of FFP and the consequences of over spends?

If we are throwing in the towel as it seems, then let's scrap The Academy, Under 21's now and invest the savings in creating one of the best scouting networks in the UK and beyond.

Been saying that for 15 plus years of our on-going under achievement - may be the time is right for Plan B to be applied now.

On 1/7/2016 at 23:23, hortonred said:

Same old crap from Cotterill. We have heard it all before.Nothing appears to be planned to hit the decks running at the start of the window. We will sit back and watch other clubs at least have a go while we run up the white flag.

I very much doubt that is the case.

On 1/7/2016 at 22:02, cottsciderarmy said:

Liam Lawrence has joined Rovers. He might be 34, but he'll be a good signing for them. Wealth of experience at higher levels and consistently been a solid midfielder all his career.

He's also 'a winner' apparently. In all carey fairness he was a great servant for Stoke and really got up our nostrils in our play off failure season in the Championship.

On 1/7/2016 at 00:35, robin4ever said:

Didn't SL say a few months back how amazed he was about the fees and wages being demanded in the championship ??? Obviously scared the life out if him and therefore explains the lack of activity  

I believe him when he says we have offered competitive wages though.

On 1/7/2016 at 00:36, OddBallJim said:

Right it's quite clear now that there is a problem behind the scenes. But who is bending the truth? Was Keith Burt actually involved in this deal? SC seems very insistent that this was his signing from his choice of words. 

Could it be that SC simply can't attract players here because it's him? His loan dealings wont go unnoticed. 

This month just gets more and more crucial to our season as time goes by.

Possible yes.

7 hours ago, marmite said:

Why are we building the stadium if we are not prepared to compete financially in the Championship?  We certainly won't fill it in league 1 no matter how successful we are. Just to think we were considering a 40,000 seater at AV. What is the plan for Bristol City in he future? As fans I think we are entitled to know!  Indeed, is there a plan at all?

See above.

6 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

What I can't accept there seems to be a lack of urgency from the board, or anyone that can make a difference. It's as though they want relegation, most odd. You would hope that SL would be a bit more up front and ruthless wouldn't you?  

Oh! for a bit of honesty and clarity about the situation, all we get is spin,spin, spin, the latest signing was no more than 'worth a punt', well if that doesn't sum up the lack of urgency I don't know what does.

Sorry to say this club is fast becoming the laughing stock of all four leagues, rarely have I seen such incompetence in any business that has a customer base so large, and so dependent on their continued support,  

Is it worth  turning up tomorrow Mr Chairman? Go on then Stevie, worth a punt I suppose. 

And what about the thousands that are making the trip, spending their hard earned, only to see another stuffing?  Of course when you have £m's it's a drop in the ocean, no worries, but the writing is on the wall, you cannot expect folk to shell out to watch a defeat every match, almost.

I was reading some interesting pieces about Charlton earlier. They seem to have similar issues with their board 'being out of touch with their fans' and incompetent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35253634

Supporters were angered when a video emerged of Meire saying it was "weird" fans felt a sense of ownership of the club when "the bills are paid by someone else".

https://medium.com/@darryl1974/how-roland-duchâtelet-and-katrien-meire-are-killing-charlton-athletic-dc8a9ed7e91c

I've no idea of any of the truth, but is it not possible that Andre Gray's agent thought that the wage City were offering at the time was acceptable, but when Burnley came in, thought, I know, I'll ask them for more.

Therefore we could match the wages as were asked for at the time, but when Burnley came in the agent moved the goalposts and Gray told City he was no longer interested and wanted to go to a better placed club?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I've no idea of any of the truth, but is it not possible that Andre Gray's agent thought that the wage City were offering at the time was acceptable, but when Burnley came in, thought, I know, I'll ask them for more.

Therefore we could match the wages as were asked for at the time, but when Burnley came in the agent moved the goalposts and Gray told City he was no longer interested and wanted to go to a better placed club?

In an earlier thread the conclusion was that we in the outcast to an agreement was prepared to pay him 14k a week something he agreed to 

On 1/7/2016 at 16:42, BCFC Jordan said:

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That's my reading of the situation.

I suspect we indeed did match Gray's/his agents wage demands in May ( we probably trebled what he was on at Brentford) but then we prevaricated.

When Burnley eventually came in they offered him far more than we were ever expecting or willing to pay.

28 minutes ago, sab said:

I agree with the sentiments in this thread. I have a ticket but have decided not to go tomorrow. Am I wrong? And I accept I should have given it to someone else. I was waiting for positive news all week......

I imagine there will be a few who took a £10 punt and won't go

Archived