IGNORED

Todays Press Conference.

Selred

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

The thing is, if ( let's say) Newcastle offered us 10 million for Kodja today, would be let him go tomorrow, or wait until later in January when we could line up a replacement? It's obvious that we would wait isn't it.

So, if we have bid 5 million for ( let's say) a Walsall striker, they would do exactly what we would do and get a replacement before selling to us, this would be later in January. People on here need to take a deep breath and calm down, the January transfer window goes on for the whole month!

And in that month we could be bottom of the table.

15 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Its an old username from when my business advertised on here many moons ago, a login I can still use. If you can find an upside or a counter to anything I wrote Im all ears flower.

Oh, I wasn't criticising....just seemed apt. Captured the zeitgeist around City at the moment.

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Hang on ,we paid 50,000 big ones for him . I very much doubt that he will single handedly save our season but if he gets a bit of first team experience and  still does n't make the grade are we going to make a loss on him ?

This is an Akinde type buy ,that we should try more often . That and letting our youngsters play more .

I'd love to see what Wes Burns pace could do in this league.

maybe we will find out when he's joined another championship club next season.

i can't think of anything more constructive to say that SC is an arrogant ****** of a man.

So we have hardly got a team for Saturday, can not buy anyone (having let Osborne JET CUNNINGHAM and a reserve keeper go in the summer) will not play Wes for more than ninety seconds and the one player we were going to sign, because he was on loan here, has said fork you I would rather go to Blackburn. 

My legendary patience is now worn thin. 5k going to Albion to watch us concede a last minute goal, but it's ok it only cost a tenner to get in!

Disgusted! How crap have we become in such a short space? Someone needs to take their hand off their penis and concentrate on the real job in hand!

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So we have hardly got a team for Saturday, can not buy anyone (having let Osborne JET CUNNINGHAM and a reserve keeper go in the summer) will not play Wes for more than ninety seconds and the one player we were going to sign, because he was on loan here, has said fork you I would rather go to Blackburn. 

My legendary patience is now worn thin. 5k going to Albion to watch us concede a last minute goal, but it's ok it only cost a tenner to get in!

Disgusted! How crap have we become in such a short space? Someone needs to take their hand off their penis and concentrate on the real job in hand!

How can you mend a broken heart Al Green is what you need to chill,

hay redoxo that's my chill pill, urrreeedddsssss.

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I think signing anyone of note is a long way off due to the many factors discussed. Right now our real hope is loan signings, but with a fee involved. Player is not tied to a relegated club. Look at Bennet, ok to say money was deciding factor, but I am pretty sure our league position was worth more than a passing consideration. If we could not get Bennet over the line, then we have almost no hope of signing anyone of note right now, money or no money. That we risk , in mid January of playing league games with 3 or players on the bench, is the result of serious mismanagement by all at the club. But... where is the plan B, that reflects where we are right now ? Wait until the end of Jan ? Are you joking . We have known for 3 months we are in the mire, that the loan players (who contributed little) would be gone. We have Preston on Tuesday. The more this season rumbles on, the more I am dumbfounded by the foot shooting mismanagement I see. Great stadium, but not one sight of a true footballing strategy that will take us into a new era. I am talking from Academy through to the first team. From the idiotic 532 tactics, to the scouting, to the recruitment to the inability to change a game through subs . I had hoped, that after last season we had finally made a step forward. I was wrong, we have learnt nothing, have not put in place anything that will alter the status and level of this club, and risk collapsing back into L1 with yet again our tail between our legs and stories of what could have been. We should have the best academy in the South west of England, a tier 1, with the very best coaches money can buy. We should have been scouting in France, Holland and Belgium for years now (Did we actually study Southampton ???) , we need to sign players like Gayle BUT before they score 20 goals in the Championship. We should be setting up the playing style and shape of the club to match that of teams in the Prem, not a maverick approach that not one other Prem or Champ side utilises. Not just for results, but for signing players. No one else has wing backs, so we end up converting players. Nonsense . There are hundreds of full backs, but only a few players that can be wing backs for example. I simply cannot accept that all we need is little help, we are half way through, and bad luck stories are for losers (not winners SC). Excuses are long, action plans short. 

But right now, I have no faith the club and manager can create anything like a recovery plan to keep us up. Unpopular, but I would hire Warnock until the end of the season. Big stay up bonus. He will galvanise the team to drag out needed results, has a knowledge of players that will do a job for him at the Championship level SC clearly does not have ( as loans), he has always had a soft spot for us, lives in Cornwall and will focus us, the fans, on getting behind the team for a backs to the wall relegation fight. 

Hang on a minute...A few of us on here wrote similar a couple years ago, and have continued to do so ever since....and got slated everyday :sad26:...said tongue firmly in cheek ;-)

Seems the penny is finally starting to drop with many...not aimed at you BW...I know you know your onions.

Obviously it's not about points scoring, rather about sharing information...but how sad it makes me feel, when it really is starting to show how poorly we are run now, and how we've rode our luck in the past, purely by throwing money at short term fix's.

You reap what you sow in this game....such a shame.

One has to question the differing statements being put out to the media and hence the supporters of the club. Any business is trouble has to have the key people pulling in the same direction and working together to stand any chance of surviving. 

Clearly not happening at BCFC and it is as important as any signing.

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

I'd love to see what Wes Burns pace could do in this league.

maybe we will find out when he's joined another championship club next season.

i can't think of anything more constructive to say that SC is an arrogant ****** of a man.

I really don't get the Wes Burns loving on here. He has barely proved himself at LG2 level, just because he has banged in a few goals for Wales u21's against Luxembourg and Armenia doesn't make him the answer to our problems. Should Cotts use him when our strikers are knackered yes freshen up from the bench but long-term solution? I am yet to see it.

7 hours ago, joshthomson said:

We still have 23 days. Yes we have important games in that period, but I would rather bring in the quality which we are surely aiming for than any random lie league fill ins. 

And remember although Gayle or gray would have been great in the summer. Kodjia wouldn't be half the player he is now if they had signed. No way would Cotterill started the season with Gayle/Gray and kodjia up top.

You can aim for as much quality as you want but if you don't pay the wages and they don't want to come it's totally pointless!! We don't have time to wait and wait and wait. We will be down by then. 

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

When OXO starts to crumble then we've reached a new level! 

I'm with you mate. I'm not quite as patient as you but can spot a turd when I see it. 

We're in a right state. 

It's a bit like being a gardener with 2 helpers, to speed up the process, I normally have 2 spades and forks, so myself and another do the digging whilst the other guy does some things in the background. After a while I go to the boss and ask for another spade and fork, perhaps 2 in case one breaks so we can do the job better. The boss buys another 2 spades and forks, however instead of using the new tools, myself and other guy continue digging and the other guy carries on doing stuff in the background and the new tools are left on the shelf not even used.

Then all of a sudden, staff number 2 gets injured, and staff number three is very slow because he hasn't learned his job and to make matters worse one set of the spade and fork has broken. However the boss man was annoyed I didn't use the tools he bought me and deemed it a waste of money, so he's sent them back and cut his losses.

All of a sudden I need new tools and I approach the boss, the boss declines because I didn't use the tools I was given when I had them and I should have trained up the youngster whilst things were good rather than waiting for a problem.

Problems are solved by being proactive, not reactive, something Cotts is blind to see. Sadly he's wasted the tools he was given and hasn't trained up the rookie, I understand why the boss is reluctant to give him a new top notch member of staff and new tools again, when he's reluctant to do things differently when he had the chance to.

I know it's a simple analogy but it's sort of how I see Lansdown seeing things and why he won't just chuck the cash about.

16 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

It's a bit like being a gardener with 2 helpers, to speed up the process, I normally have 2 spades and forks, so myself and another do the digging whilst the other guy does some things in the background. After a while I go to the boss and ask for another spade and fork, perhaps 2 in case one breaks so we can do the job better. The boss buys another 2 spades and forks, however instead of using the new tools, myself and other guy continue digging and the other guy carries on doing stuff in the background and the new tools are left on the shelf not even used.

Then all of a sudden, staff number 2 gets injured, and staff number three is very slow because he hasn't learned his job and to make matters worse one set of the spade and fork has broken. However the boss man was annoyed I didn't use the tools he bought me and deemed it a waste of money, so he's sent them back and cut his losses.

All of a sudden I need new tools and I approach the boss, the boss declines because I didn't use the tools I was given when I had them and I should have trained up the youngster whilst things were good rather than waiting for a problem.

Problems are solved by being proactive, not reactive, something Cotts is blind to see. Sadly he's wasted the tools he was given and hasn't trained up the rookie, I understand why the boss is reluctant to give him a new top notch member of staff and new tools again, when he's reluctant to do things differently when he had the chance to.

I know it's a simple analogy but it's sort of how I see Lansdown seeing things and why he won't just chuck the cash about.

Simple ... :blink:

i have n't a clue what your on about , why can't you just call a spade ' a spade '. ? 

I'm going to get shot to pieces here I know but I really hope Cotts doesn't get the boot. All of these other managers who are being touted to replace him will only want to come if we offer them very big bucks and they won't really care much about the club at all. This in my opinion would be only adding to the current mess we are in. This whole wage restriction policy is commendable and not something that should be broken, surely players like the very widely mentioned Dack at Gillingham would be getting a significant pay rise moving to us. I think that the issue may be an offer fascination with going for players under 24 as I'm not sure we are in a position to be that fussy!

Who exactly is responsible for the transfer fiasco of the summer none of us know, though I for one think that Steve Lansdown is way too smart a man to let that repeat itself and have faith that this window will be different. Having said that we need to be realistic, if we are to operate within the current financial rules (not like scumbag Forest etc) then having a significantly reduced ground capacity, no parachute payments (unlike a lot of the rest of the league) and no major players sold for significant sums for quite a while, are going to really limit our ability to compete. I hope our targets are a little more realistic this time around.

I think that the summer will / should have taught the whole club a lesson and am confident that in a few weeks / months we will have seen everyone learnt from it. Cotts and co were phenomenal last year and he clearly really cares about the club, I for one will keep backing him to turn us around.

Anyway I will wait for the inevitable abuse to start now but last year was the best I can remember having been a City fan for over 20 years now and we are only in the relegation zone by a whisker having had a thread bare squad until now that is about to be strengthened for sure.

We can only become a more attractive club by becoming an established Championship team. We essentially have the team built to get us out of League One only and do not have a prolonged history of staying in this league. We will shortly have the stadium but the building process of a team that is always there or thereabouts takes time. A fair few of the sides now here have been in the Prem quite recently and when they haven't been there they have been in Championship mainly. The club was ambitious in their targets with Gayle And Gray, obviously believing if they could land them it would act as a catalyst, money is not really an issue in terms of fees and we were told in their case that it wasn't even wages either and that the problem was status. There is more to it when Cotts says we couldn't offer what they wanted at this moment in time. Bennett for example has a history with Lambert, they are beginning to look more secure too. Just as Elliott has some history with Cotts. 

We really came unstuck following that play off defeat and were loaded with lengthy contracts and apparently high wages for players not capable of keeping us there and looked at one point not even capable of keeping us back in League One. We've completely turned that round but now you can see we are completely caught in the problem where we are not an established Championship team. We would surely be able to pick off some good League One players, some of which may perform better than we currently have but the squad overall would essentially be again what we have. That's why Garita at this stage is a punt (please don't try auto correcting!) Players like Dack etc would not be a punt. It's exactly the same for the clubs that bounce between Prem and Championship. Do they pick off top Championship or invest even more heavily. We have alot of potential. A great stadium, great core fanbase which can undoubtedly increase, a wealthy owner and a current manager who has instilled alot of belief in his players.

The club has a stark choice, spend and speculate or hold and build and then spend to progress even higher. As someone who invests their time and money by attending as many matches as I can I would like to know what the clear plan is. Obviously they want Premiership football at some point, it's a no brainer, but a clearer message of how that is intended to be achieved would be nice as at the moment we have alot of points still to play for and the strategy is looking quite risky. I just hope the savings they are currently making can be utilised better next season and hope we are still coming back to Championship football next season.

Come on you reds!!!!!!

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I'm going and I'm not worried about conceding a last minute goal. It's the four we'll concede before that worries me. 

8 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I really don't get the Wes Burns loving on here. He has barely proved himself at LG2 level, just because he has banged in a few goals for Wales u21's against Luxembourg and Armenia doesn't make him the answer to our problems. Should Cotts use him when our strikers are knackered yes freshen up from the bench but long-term solution? I am yet to see it.

If Cotts used him when our strikers were knackered then we would all know whether he can or can't make it. That is the frustrating part. It's that we won't know because he isn't used. I don't think anyone knows for sure he'd be a savior but we'd like to see what he could bring. Especially as he's looked good in his few minutes, he scores for his country's U21 and for our U21. He's doing everything he can to get some minutes but he's not in that Cotts 13 player rotation. If he'd had 3 or 4 starts on those Tuesday games and a few 30 minutes appearances and hadn't done anything then we'd all day he has had chances and hasn't delivered.

Much like when many were calling for Aaron to be benched for a bit. We have KA after all. 6 or 7 games of KA pressing defenders got old real quick because he didn't have the quality and didn't work as well with JK. Now you don't hear so many groans about him not playing. Think the same would go for Wes

Seems I am in the minority here but I applaud Bristol City for having a wage cap / structure. Footballers are paid too much and it is destroying football clubs (and possibly the game itself but that is another discussion, see Peterborough chairman's recent comments). Ok so relegation this season is a real threat but at least we will have a club to support next season. Can Bolton et al say the same?

I support Bristol City because they are my local team. I can attend pretty much every home game, enjoy a social with mates and watch what I consider to be in the main a decent game of football (in the flesh, which is a million times better than watching a game on TV). I do not support Bristol City in hope of glory days. If I wanted glory I would support Man Utd with all the other arm chair fans. IF glory comes to Bristol City, I will of course be happy about it, but it is not the be all and end all.

I would sooner we sign nobody than sign those not good enough or who want too much money.

8 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

As said above, we're all yet to see it as he's not had a chance to show whether he's good enough or not.  I remember everyone smirking at Yannick Bolasie when he couldn't get in our first team and his brother was criticising the club on Twitter for not recognising a Premier League talent.  But Boalsie had scarcely had a sniff here so none of us knew that talent was there.

I'm not suggesting for a moment Wes Burns is another Yannick Bolasie but the point is sometimes you don't find out what players can do unless you play them.  And the simple fact is we might not know if Burns or Reid is the answer but we can pretty confident the current line-up is not.  So there's nothing to lose and all to gain from giving them a run in the side and seeing if they can offer something we currently lack. 

20 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Seems I am in the minority here but I applaud Bristol City for having a wage cap / structure. Footballers are paid too much and it is destroying football clubs (and possibly the game itself but that is another discussion, see Peterborough chairman's recent comments). Ok so relegation this season is a real threat but at least we will have a club to support next season. Can Bolton et al say the same?

I support Bristol City because they are my local team. I can attend pretty much every home game, enjoy a social with mates and watch what I consider to be in the main a decent game of football (in the flesh, which is a million times better than watching a game on TV). I do not support Bristol City in hope of glory days. If I wanted glory I would support Man Utd with all the other arm chair fans. IF glory comes to Bristol City, I will of course be happy about it, but it is not the be all and end all.

I would sooner we sign nobody than sign those not good enough or who want too much money.

Good for you Brian . :clapping:

i could live with that as well , if only our club did n't keep selling us the lies about their objectives which make us all so frustrated .

Why do Bristol City need a 27000 seater stadium if it is to play in front of 10000 diehard supporters against Chesterfield , S****horpe and the other usual suspects ?

Is that what gets your pulse racing ?

We are continually let down by this club and some people wonder why we moan .

Why are we building the stadium if we are not prepared to compete financially in the Championship?  We certainly won't fill it in league 1 no matter how successful we are. Just to think we were considering a 40,000 seater at AV. What is the plan for Bristol City in he future? As fans I think we are entitled to know!  Indeed, is there a plan at all?

Archived