IGNORED

Thank you Cotts

Fordy62

Thanks SC. I feel your stubbournness is what brought about your eventual end. 

However i also feel you are the scapegoat for an amateur, naieve and frankly out of their depth board of directors, including the one Chairman who we have now been given this bad news by. 

Good luck for the future. I have loved the brand you gave us and hope i see one of your teams play this way against us in our shiny new stadium some day. 

Huge thanks Steve.

Last season was out of this world, playing some of the best football I've ever seen any Bristol City side play in the last 10-15 years IMO. To win the title and our trip out at Wembley will forever remain in my memories and heart. 

I'm truly gutted for you, and the fact that it's just not worked out in the way we were all hoping it would. 

Read this for the first time from some gobby Gashead on Facebook, for some reason I was quite surprised despite the clubs situation at the moment. Surely only a handful of clubs have sacked a manager mid-January? We'll never know the full details but the club have obviously messed up a bit here, I assumed they were backing him by giving him the January transfer window.

Anyway, as with many others I'll always have respect for Steve for what he achieved here. From an unimaginable situation where we were heading towards League Two to the Championship and winning two trophies along the way. He settled the club so well and brought in some class players last season. It was the first time for a while I'd stand there with a massive smile on my place because of our style of play, it was a great feeling going to the Gate expecting us to win almost every game. I was working away a lot up in Herefordshire where Bristol City were getting many mentions much to my approval, I felt so proud to be a fan. Always remember rushing back from Hereford for the Swindon home game, so worth it. Wembley was of course great, despite the cup being a bit of a joke to a lot of people I always feel a sense of awe seeing us at these grounds. I always remember watching the first game last season away to Sheff Utd in a Utd fans bar in Spain of all places and thinking 'this'll be a special season' and that following summer - League One champions!

Not much to cheer about this season but one game I did particularly enjoy was WBA the other day, felt like ages since I'd really went for it in a celebration which is what I did to full effect after our second.  

It’s time to focus on the positives of his time and forget all the other stuff. We should move on and support the next manager whoever he may be.

Don't really post on here, but in this situation I feel compelled to. 

Thank you Sir Steve for giving me the best season I can remember last year.

The decision tonight is unbelievably harsh in my opinion - getting sacked having won 46% of your games is madness. I think he deserved more time, although our league positioning may look worrying, performance-wise we've looked a hell of a lot better than that this season. Our young talented team is still learning and adjusting to this step up and are all still very much behind the manager. We don't look like a team in despair, he took over with us in a desperate state in league one and has instilled a new passion within the club. 

Thank you for all you've done, I'm sorry our club hasn't given you the respect you'd earnt,  

As others have said, totally underwhelmed by his appointment but what a season we had last year. Best in 20 years of supporting City. Hope he finds a new club quickly. Thanks Steve. But thanks also to SL  for having the courage to make the decision now rather than allowing continuing loyalty to cloud your judgement 

40 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Making him do a pre-match press conference earlier.

I didn't realise that: appalling - unless there was some sort of bust-up later.

Thanks for 2014/15 Steve - as others have said, the best season I've ever witnessed at City.

Cotterill was magnificent. Keeping us up, shrewd recruitment in short term 13/14 and summer 14 especially, the whole last season and what a season! Further to this, lest we forget when we went down it was very plausible we might have taken years to get out of League One, certainly isn't usually as quick of that. Under O'Driscoll we were going nowhere at all.

I think the club collectively underestimated big time the Championship. But that's for another thread. Thank you. Steve Cotterill, best of luck...sacked far too soon!!

48 minutes ago, Olé said:

Thousands of miles away and amazed this has happened. Echo Fordy's comments. Unbelievable really that it has got to this after two seasons of unprecedented success. I'm gutted about this.

Unless there is a sub story no one knows about, Cotterill is carrying the can, I hope someone else at the club is feeling suitably ashamed right now.

Ask a man to make bricks without straw then sack him! In fact I can't think of another example of a manager being expected to compete in a higher league with a smaller, less-experienced squad than he came up with. I bet the phone is ringing off the hook with decent managers wanting come here ...

Saved us from relegation. Won a cup. Won a league championship. Lots of unanswered questions from pre season regarding transfer activity. Sadly he has lost the plot and had to go. Still the most successful manager in my watching time at the gate. The board have a lot of explaining to do over the coming weeks. Cheers Cotts. 

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

The best night I've had supporting this club. Thank you again Steve!

https://youtu.be/wsB0tCqfJqs

Wouldn't you have loved to have Tavernier in this squad?

6 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Probably the most popular manager ever to be sacked.

Yet who would have believed that when he was signed on in a storm of apathy from the fans.

Archived