IGNORED

Thank you Cotts

Fordy62

For me only the promotion season to the old First Division and our time up there with the elite ranks as better seasons than last year. Cotts did a fantastic job in turning around the dismal mess SOD left us in and bringing back positivity.

Shame he could not keep it going, but will always respect him for last seasons brilliant success.

26 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

Only god can help us now. Thanks Steve!

Spot on, really have tickets for the next 2 game but don't know if I can be bothered anymore;  complete mess up more heads need to roll; there was nothing wrong with SC HE DIDNT GET THE BACKING HE DESERVED.

Feel like walking away tonight........shower of sh1te

Absolutely Gutted!!

Steve, thanks for everything, saving us from relegation, the trophies, the title, the belief that we would win every week.

You deserved better than this

Best of luck for the future.........Gone but never forgotten!!! 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

As others have said, SC gave me the best season of my 40 years following City. The first time in all those years that  I ever had tears in my eyes was when we held that League trophy up last May. One of the happiest days of my life, never to be forgotten. 

I was sceptical when SC was named manager, but boy did he do a job for us. Just a shame it's had to end so quickly, as I still believe he could have turned it around, but hey ho.

Spot on, Bill.

He WOULD have turned it around with the Boards backing. But it wasn't there.You SPINELESS IDIOTS. You have just got rid of a genuine, committed football person. You ultimately destroyed his dream, I'm amazed he remained composed for as long as he did. Hang your heads, you have FAILED us. Again.

People used to say that he never took any criticism when we lost, but let's not forget he never took any praise when we won, always first to acknowledge the players and their efforts, never taking any praise for himself, a humble man who was also always thanking and praising the fans throughout his time here.

Thank you for an INCREDIBLE season last year, I am genuinely gutted it didn't work out for him this season, the man deserved so much better.

I wish Steve all the best in the future. 

I feel his time here had run its course, but how much he was responsible for this season's mistakes we will probably never know.

I hope the move rejuvenates the club, but I'll always have a massive affection and respect for Cotts.  Honest, passionate,  heart on sleeve and a man who got 100% out of his players.

Like a lot of people I really didn't want him appointed at the time and thought the club were taking a backward step and appointing a long ball merchant who'd produce football that would bore us to League 2.

Never been more wrong about anything and never been happier to be proven wrong. Last season was probably the best that any of us has or will experience supporting this club, an absolute pleasure from start to finish. A young, hungry team winning virtually every week, scoring lots of goals and playing a brand of football that was a joy to watch. And in Cotterill we had a manager who really connected with the fans in a way that only Gary Johnson of other City bosses in my time has come close to doing, maybe partly because he was a local(ish) lad, but more likely because of his honesty, enthusiasm and work ethic.

This season for various reasons it hasn't worked, some down to him, some not and only time will tell if we've done the right thing. However I doubt that anyone we appoint will match his passion and commitment to the cause.

Good luck Steve, I'm sure you'll be back in the game soon and will always be warmly welcomed back at the Gate.

i hope his next club gets him the players he wants and tears the championship to shreds. the bloke knew how to do his job,just couldnt afford the tools to do it with.

as  for last season,its all been said already,ive been going for 46 years and last season was the best i can remember.

cheers Steve, you did exceptionally well and im sure will do so again

Thank you Steve, from the bottom of my heart. You gave me the most enjoyable 18 months I've had as a City fan and built a squad to rival most we've ever had. I genuinely hope you see this and read every thank you post that is here. Because amongst all the noise of the nay-sayers and the negative voices, there are a hell of a lot of fans that will be forever grateful for everything that you did for this squad. Gutted you're gone and wish you every bit of luck in the future.

Thank you Steve. A true modern legend of the football club. After what you achieved, anyone who disagrees with that is simply clouded by the unfortunate last four months.

The week, or 8 days I think it was, in April, taking in Swindon 3:0, Preston away 1:1 and that wonderful 6:0 at Bradford to seal promotion, was joyous. Brilliant. In L1, it don't get any better than that for us.

And then to top it off by scoring 8 against Walsall on the last day. It was a shame this was all before the ground was finished. It deserved a 20,000 plus crowd to witness one of finest teams.

Nice one Cotts

Wish Steve all the very best for the future - I am sure wherever he goes next, he will succeed. Top bloke, top manager, gutted he is gone.

The brand of football he brought to the club was breath taking at times, certainly last year, and the memories of our double winning season will last a lifetime for me. Taking us from League One relegation candidates when he came here, to the Championship via a double winning campaign - what more can you say?!

Supporting City for the most part can be thoroughly depressing, Steve made it a joy. Will go down in City folklore - glad to say I was here to witness his tenure.

Cotts, I salute you

As I said on a different thread yesterday, last season was the best football I've ever seen Bristol City play.  We were an absolute joy to watch and Cotts really brought the feelgood factor back.

This season has been disappointing and I personally think the board have made the right decision, albeit somewhat later than they perhaps should have done, but that obviously should not detract from the superb job Cotterill did last year and the brilliant memories he gave us. 

Thanks Steve for a fantastic 2 years.

The man brought discipline and pride back to our club. 

Born winner!!

Very sad to see you go in this way, you deserved the season at least!!

I would love to hear all 3 sides of AG on sat sign there is only one Steve Cotterill.

Archived