IGNORED

According to ITV West Country Cotts sacked by phone

Charliesboots

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Read that on twitter last night, was that you who put it on there? That makes it even worse putting SC in front of the cameras yesterday then, especially as it sounds like the decision was taken the night before

So proud of my club!

Could have been, I'm sure I wasn't the only one this person told.

Embarrassed!

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Didn't get the chance to shake his hand and say 'thanks' I suppose?

I bet the missus is giving the credit card a hammering today, as if he doesn't have enough to worry about!

No felt a bit embarrassed to be honest, I have a lot of respect for cotterill and it didn't feel right. 

I should have done really ... 

4 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Is it true they reversed the charges ??

Ha, hope Cotts claims it on his last expense form if so!

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Some one puts it on Twitter must be true just like al the over post on it 

dont believe all you read 

good luck to sc

It's true. You've no reason to believe me, but believe me

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

No felt a bit embarrassed to be honest, I have a lot of respect for cotterill and it didn't feel right. 

I should have done really ... 

Yeah, know what you mean. Sure you'll get another chance

I reckon Steve Lansdown, if this is true, that you really do need a supporter on the board now. No more fobbing us off. And yes, you and especially Jon, are supporters, but you know what is meant when this is brought up. You need a fair few other things to, but this would be a good start

5 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

good luck to sc

Sadly mate, it's true. I know it's true just like I know it's true that we've had 2 bids turned down for Bradley Dack, Darren Bent is content to sit on the Derby bench and Zac Clough wanted 6k more than our top earner. 

But hey, my suspicion is that whenever a new man gets appointed, they'll probably have a different set of rules to work to, this portraying Cotts as the incompetent one. 

16 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm not sure we can move on. I'm not for "laying into" anyone…but the fact is that everything that has happened at City for well over a decade has been managed by Steve Lansdown and the friends and family he's appointed to the club's Board. There's no independent voice, or certainly not one we ever hear. I can't think I've ever heard Keith Dawe or Ernie Arathoon speak. I've met Doug Harman, nice chap, never heard a word from him otherwise. John Lansdown seemed out of his depth when he played a more active role. And that's it. Other than Steve, who is another nice enough chap, no one ultimately else makes any decisions as far as I can see….these guys have the final say. And they're not going anywhere. They take the credit and I'm afraid they've set themselves up to face the awkward questions when things aren't going well.

I don't think it's childish to question what they're doing when the club is in the mess it is at the moment, unless its childish to care as much about a football club as most of us do….I'll concede that that could indeed be a bit childish!

Hang on a minute... Steve Lansdown owns the club; it is not a cooperative. How they choose to communicate is their business. That is the first thing. 

Secondly, and obviously, if they choose not to communicate more the fool them nobody is disagreeing with that.

So on to this phone call lark... i am saying whether he was advised by phone or by face is not the point.. we are not party to how it was done. Let us assume ITV is right for a moment. Why was it done by phone? i leave that question hanging... because nobody knows why it was done it does not matter. They had their reasons and frankly that should be the end of it. This is not gov't not a political party and not a cooperative. 

I think one should give the board the benefit of the doubt and not slander them at every turn.. that IS what is childish.

Maybe I should just spell it out in black and white..

SC may have had a right argument with a plethora of four letter expletives with SL or KD.. he drove home in a huff. Later he gets a call saying he is fired. If I was SL or KD i would have had zero stomach to face the guy and so too would have phoned him.

That is just one scenario.. but as i said we don't know so we should not condemn the board... very childish to do so in my humble opinion.

Time to flippin move on.

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

From ITV journalist on Twitter, SC sacked by phone last night. 

Not even given the courtesy of a face to face meeting?

Don't accept any excuse for that. 

image.png

If true, that smacks of a lack of class and respect. Something that constantly keeps pi@@ing me off in modern football and I suppose modern society in general. I'm not one for conspiracy theories generally. But could point  to some sort of fallout as has been mentioned. Certainly not the fair well press conference GJ got.

7 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

good luck to sc

Seeing as the "someone" who put it on Twitter is the sports reporter for a local TV station in my opinion that should carry far more weight than some random transfer info "Agent 72" nonsense.

This guy's credibility entirely rests on stuff like this.

52 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Got a funny feeling SC's best off out of it. 

I'm sure he'll be back to have the last laugh one day. 

Mom not sure but after near 40 years, this is about as distant as I've ever felt from "my" (increasingly poorly run) club. 

100% agree, heartless ground, board and club; got ticket for tomorrow and Tues they are very close to the bin atm. Aiming for the prem :facepalm: well wide of the mark on target for the drop, really sad state our club is in DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, CLUELESS.

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Hang on a minute... Steve Lansdown owns the club; it is not a cooperative. How they choose to communicate is their business. That is the first thing. 

Secondly, and obviously, if they choose not to communicate more the fool them nobody is disagreeing with that.

So on to this phone call lark... i am saying whether he was advised by phone or by face is not the point.. we are not party to how it was done. Let us assume ITV is right for a moment. Why was it done by phone? i leave that question hanging... because nobody knows why it was done it does not matter. They had their reasons and frankly that should be the end of it. This is not gov't not a political party and not a cooperative. 

I think one should give the board the benefit of the doubt and not slander them at every turn.. that IS what is childish.

i'm sorry mate with all of the respect at my command that is just nonsense, firstly why did they allow SC to carry on with the pre match press conference if they already knew they were going to sack him, what possible reason could they have had for that decision?, that is just a big joke, the fans are entitled to be angry, confused and fed up.

1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Can't believe some of the posts on here. You must be so gullible or your gasheads in disguise. I for one cannot believe that our board would purposely fire SC over the phone unless something major happened at a meeting with him and he stormed out. Someone puts some sort of source on here and most think it's gospel!

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Can't believe some of the posts on here. You must be so gullible or your gasheads in disguise. I for one cannot believe that our board would purposely fire SC over the phone unless something major happened at a meeting with him and he stormed out. Someone puts some sort of source on here and most think it's gospel!

Yep, I'm a G*shead, because I'm sure as hell not gullible

But it's still true

Some people put complete and utter bollocks on here and some think it's gospel. It's how forums work, you believe what you want, and I'll believe what I know to be true

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well that's where we differ. Steve Lansdown may own the shares in Bristol City, the ground, and all the assets but to my mind the club is a cooperative venture - one which folk like you with your entertaining match previews from the other side of the world play a huge part in. The club is nothing without its supporters and I can't imagine Steve being interested in investing in it if there was no one to applaud him when things went well. And so how they choose to communicate what's going on isn't their business alone - it impacts on all of us. 

As it happens I give the Board the benefit of the doubt in that I think they really believe that they are doing the right thing…I don't happen to think they are always right.

8 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Ha, Ha, Ha so all of the mismanagement over not only this season but over the some of the miserable past at our club has been a dream?.

I'm pretty sure Derek Mcinnis was sacked via telephone call too from memory. 

Very spineless. The decision was reached in board meeting yesterday lunchtime so why allow him to do a press conference the next day knowing that you were going to sack him via phone later that same day.

1 minute ago, Dibdenred said:

Very spineless. The decision was reached in board meeting yesterday lunchtime so why allow him to do a press conference the next day knowing that you were going to sack him via phone later that same day.

For shits and giggles, one can only assume?

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was sacked by a note inside my pay packet.

The fact I got a cash pay packet in those days tells you how long ago it was.

That was a promising career as a forklift driver up the swannee. .. 

Do you ever sit and think about what might have been had you just lifted a few more pallets each day?  Sliding Doors has nothing on this.

6 minutes ago, Dibdenred said:

McInnes was sacked at AG after the 4-0 defeat by Leicester, so no.

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i'm sorry mate with all of the respect at my command that is just nonsense, firstly why did they allow SC to carry on with the pre match press conference if they already knew they were going to sack him, what possible reason could they have had for that decision?, that is just a big joke, the fans are entitled to be angry, confused and fed up.

I am not denying the leaked info coming out of every quarter makes it all look a mess.. no denying that.. i differ from you and many others on this thread in simply saying i would rather see all of the facts unequivocally laid bare before hanging the board out to dry.

And if that is not going to happen it is rather divisive to continue the discussion imo.

25 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Well that's where we differ. Steve Lansdown may own the shares in Bristol City, the ground, and all the assets but to my mind the club is a cooperative venture - one which folk like you with your entertaining match previews from the other side of the world play a huge part in. The club is nothing without its supporters and I can't imagine Steve being interested in investing in it if there was no one to applaud him when things went well. And so how they choose to communicate what's going on isn't their business alone - it impacts on all of us. 

As it happens I give the Board the benefit of the doubt in that I think they really believe that they are doing the right thing…I don't happen to think they are always right.

That is why i wrote my second point which kinda goes with the first which was more 'playing devils advocate'.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I am not denying the leaked info coming out of every quarter makes it all look a mess.. no denying that.. i differ from you and many others on this thread in simply saying i would rather see all of the facts unequivocally laid bare before hanging the board out to dry.

and when pray was the last time that ever happened?, we have never/ever been given what you describe by SL or anyone at the club, here's my prediction it won't be very long before the 'trust me' speech is dusted off and trotted out for the umpteenth time.

For the record I am actually pro SL but this what happened yet again is amateur hour.

34 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

They knew he was going well before the press conference. They are just too much of a bunch of cowards to get rid of him in a dignified way.

Archived