IGNORED

That Was For You Cotts!

Welcome To The Jungle

Apologies I've not read every single post on the three pages, just skimmed it.

im not sure what we are all debating / arguing about.

Some of us will be glad Cotts is gone, some will be sad (me).  I think I'm more sad for Cotts himself.

Anyway, surely what we all wanted yesterday was Pembo and Wade to come in, do something, whatever it was, to try to get three points (or even one point) that most didn't expect us to get.  I said somewhere else that it isn't about playing 352 or not, Cotts way or not, it's about Pembo and Wade coming up with a plan and the players executing it.  They appeared to do it in spades.

Who knows, next league game, they might go 352 or 4141.  Again it doesn't matter.

I don't think the players did it for Cotts, they did it because they've been trying hard for each other all season, and perhaps just needed something different to give them inspiration and get them over the line.  They are (it appears so anyway) a tight-knit bunch, and will continue to give their all for whoever sends them out over the white line.  It shows their professionalism and pride.

Maybe Cotts just needed a lucky break.  That may never have come.  The board / club have acted and we just need to get on with it.

Lets not over-analyse.

Lets not think that one swallow maketh a summer.

We need to repeat the attitude, commitment and skill on Tuesday....and again on Saturday.

Lets however unite behind the boys.  Playing with the crowd cheering you is far easier.

Here is my prediction for the future, whoever SL appoints and whatever success or lack of success that choice has in his time with BCFC, when that person is sacked, we will have threads saying, it's his own fault he was far too stubborn, it's pretty much why all managers get sacked, even more so if they have ever had any success with a particular system but then it's usually more about ego than it is about stubbornness.

1 hour ago, djb6162 said:

i dont want to get too involved with either side of this emotional debate, but thought I would say this.

and hope the ex gaffa doesnt object too much.

i shared a txt conversation with him last night, the contents will always remain private, with me and the familly.

all i will say is that he has proved to me that the players were very special to him and he would have been delighted for them yesterday despite the obvious what ifs and if only's.

yesterday was only one game after all, and we have a mountain to climb.

as I have said on other threads, its a new year, a new chapter for the club and Steve, and i think we should move on.

better for us, better for the club the players and SC.

there are some great posters on here, some more emotional than others, but there is nothing to be gained by falling out with each other over this topic.

Big FACUP game in 50 hours so lets debate that.

OK, I'll take up the challenge.  What formation do you think we should play against WBA?  And who should play on the right of the front 3? :cool:

1 hour ago, djb6162 said:

i dont want to get too involved with either side of this emotional debate, but thought I would say this.

and hope the ex gaffa doesnt object too much.

i shared a txt conversation with him last night, the contents will always remain private, with me and the familly.

all i will say is that he has proved to me that the players were very special to him and he would have been delighted for them yesterday despite the obvious what ifs and if only's.

yesterday was only one game after all, and we have a mountain to climb.

as I have said on other threads, its a new year, a new chapter for the club and Steve, and i think we should move on.

better for us, better for the club the players and SC.

there are some great posters on here, some more emotional than others, but there is nothing to be gained by falling out with each other over this topic.

Big FACUP game in 50 hours so lets debate that.

Thank you for this, a great post and as you say no emotion either way, but a sentiment that I agree with.

in the words of the great Ron Burgundy "stay classy".

4 hours ago, Chivs said:

OK, I'll take up the challenge.  What formation do you think we should play against WBA?  And who should play on the right of the front 3? :cool:

Oh i wouldnt listen to me, but for what its worth i would keep the formation the same.

The actual selection i will leave to others, but i think with that formation we have more options within the squad, while we bring in new faces before the window closes.

i do expect Kieron to get a run though !  Just a hunch, but i think he will fancy it.

16 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Oh i wouldnt listen to me, but for what its worth i would keep the formation the same.

The actual selection i will leave to others, but i think with that formation we have more options within the squad, while we bring in new faces before the window closes.

i do expect Kieron to get a run though !  Just a hunch, but i think he will fancy it.

Might he be a candidate for the right sided forward berth, where he played a lot for Rotherham.  Wes could have a start at the central striker, giving Kodjia a well earned rest.

15 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Wes on the bench then? You did say he was blowing after 75 yesterday so come on a bit later and keep him fresh for Leeds? Mind you, I expect he wants to start every game ATM and who could blame him?

Mustn`t forget Tuesday could go to extra time as well.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wes on the bench then? You did say he was blowing after 75 yesterday so come on a bit later and keep him fresh for Leeds? Mind you, I expect he wants to start every game ATM and who could blame him?

Mustn`t forget Tuesday could go to extra time as well.

Yes  i would go agard up top actually, but in a genuine 4:3:3 he could easily do the right of a front three as well.

so could scotty and of course Wes.

as i said ....in that formation we have more genuine options i think.

Wes will want to play having missed so many of the live game squads completely, but he will just want to be involved in any capacity.

Would love Wes and Bobby to make the impact Joe Bryan has.  There is something about 'one of your own' becoming a key member of the team. {I know Wes was at Cardiff initially}

Would give our academy some credence when it gets a lot of stick.  It's not an easy thing to bring players through at first team level....not ones who play more than a few games.

Archived