IGNORED

That Was For You Cotts!

Welcome To The Jungle

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Your team, your players did you proud today. It may not have been your system or first XI, but my goodness everyone of them played with their heart on their sleeve and made Boro look average. An emotional performance to a man. 

COYR!

How could it have been for SC then!!?

Yea I'm with everyone else. Happy with Cotts and all he done for us but that was for Bristol City. No one is bigger than the club even if they try to be. This is all we asked for. Some fresh faces, a new formation and new ideas. If Cotts would've done this he'd either still be here or failing still but tried everything and would've bought more patience from supporters for him and more pressure on the board. 

Was a good win and I hope Cotts is gracious enough to be happy for us today. Everyone deserved today's performance from the players to the staff and down to the fans. Showing we have the fight in us to stay up and push on.

24 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Your team, your players did you proud today. It may not have been your system or first XI, but my goodness everyone of them played with their heart on their sleeve and made Boro look average. An emotional performance to a man. 

COYR!

Winner from a player Cotterill would never give a start to.A change of formation that Cotterill would never  consider even if it meant relegation. Strange post and very wrong in my opinion.

Today's win was for the club as a whole but that doesn't apply to former manager Cotterill. He's been dismissed remember?

As already pointed out today was about a different formation and two newish first team players in Reid and Burns. Two factors that Cotterill wouldn't entertain.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The ridiculous post was the one claiming SOD's contribution to last season.

As Pemberton has just quite rightly said " we played the same system at Derby ". Probably for the 'experts' out their.

I know we did. Once. Away to one of the best sides in the league and he played a weakened team inc no Kodjia.

Anyway, formation aside I know what I witnessed today that I haven't in the past few months. A reinvigorated team playing with confidence. To a man we looked like we believed we could win. 

That is why, as Pemberton says, SC will not be pleased to see today's result. Though deep down I agree I'm sure he's pleased.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I know we did. Once. Away to one of the best sides in the league and he played a weakened team inc no Kodjia.

Anyway, formation aside I know what I witnessed today that I haven't in the past few months. A reinvigorated team playing with confidence. To a man we looked like we believed we could win. 

That is why, as Pemberton says, SC will not be pleased to see today's result. Though deep down I agree I'm sure he's pleased.

i'm not arguing about any of that, I am just qualifying the 'NEVER' statement because it's wrong.

I really hope the OP is banter?

That performance was absolutely fantastic today. The players played with freedom and a hunger i haven't seen for a long time. This was nothing to do with Cotts and how fitting that Burns scored.

Hope the boards decision will continued to be justified in the coming weeks. 

50 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

COYR!

Not sure it was. Reid and Burns started, we played a different formation and at 0-0 we went for it by pressing forward and putting a winger at left back. We played with pace, changed the formation and gave a performance that resembled nothing else we've seen this season. That was a performance by a team freed by the removal of a manager they had lost confidence in.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

COYR!

So it wasn't his team, his players or his formation.

The link is almost as tentative as Points West trying to find an angle to make David Bowie seem like a local.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

COYR!

As others have said. Absolute nonsense. The team were different today. In every sense.

Cotterill was his own worst enemy. Last season was superb. This season - in so many respects - has been dire.

I wanted him gone. I'm glad he is.

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Doubt Wes thought it was for Cotts....

His stubborn attitude cost him his job, that performance was a breath of fresh air for the fans, we've shown remarkable patience and loyalty....

Patience? Hardly, but yes the fans deserved that result today

As others have said, this had little to do with Cotts. Boro must have expected an easy win against a poor 3 5 2 formation, but instead that were beaten by a team that was tactically aware. Burns starting and Waggy coming on as sub! I thought I was in a parallel universe 

Archived