IGNORED

Where next for Cotterill?

Phileas Fogg

I wonder where SC will end up next?

Can't see him staying out of management for long, especially as his stock is pretty high at the moment after last season.

Not that many vacancies about at the moment, he's 33/1 for the Leyton Orient post but I think he could do a bit better than that.

I can eventually see him returning to Cheltenham. Maybe if they get promoted and GJ gets poached by someone.

Where do we reckon SC will end up?

Hi Cheltennham fan here.  We were all amazed by your decision to sack SC and can't see him being out of work for long. I feel he will get a Championship club or a top league one spot, the guy is super ambitious and I seriously doubt he would consider Leyton Orient especially with the owners there.

Apparently rumours are that you have approached us over Gary Johnson. If this is true - I somehow doubt it - then I could see SC coming back here to get us promotion then leaving for a Championship side again.

Just a rumour from a friend of someone who works at the club, I am taking it with a pinch of salt. GJ is getting close to retirement age and if he stays here will very likely win promotion and has a good financial base for another challenge of promotion to league one before he retires. With the greatest of respect if he leaves to go to you he will have a big job in keeping you up but could probably bring you back up again before retiring in 2-3 years time.

By the way the Swindon press linked him with their job earlier in the season and he said no chance he wants to stay here and get the club promoted, you may be different being a much bigger club but I still believe it's very unlikely.

Considering how badly he's just been exposed at Championship level I'd have thought his next job will be back in L1. Clubs down there will be queueing up to hire him though considering his achievements last season.

Never say never to him getting a job straight back in the Championship though - Leeds hired Dave Hockaday FFS so anything can happen!

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Considering how badly he's just been exposed at Championship level I'd have thought his next job will be back in L1. Clubs down there will be queueing up to hire him though considering his achievements last season.

Never say never to him getting a job straight back in the Championship though - Leeds hired Dave Hockaday FFS so anything can happen!

Agree, think middling league one and above is probably realistic. Could see Sheffield United being tempted if they got rid of Adkins for whatever reason. There's a raft of underachieving clubs in that league that would want him.

As others have said I'd expect him to be in work again before the season is out.

After last year I'd be amazed if he isn't linked with every League One vacancy that crops up, such as Scunny today (rumour was that was his other offer when he took our job).

I'm not convinced his stock is that much higher from before jointing to leaving us, which would be a right shame. Many seem to consider we bought success and he's just not that fashionable as a football manager. 

I think those who appreciate what he has in fact achieved are very convinced by his abilities - particularly saving us from League One relegation spots to double winners the following season, but I'm just not sure that message and the full extent of what he did here will have filtered as wide as it ought to have. 

To put it another way; if we were to flip it and he was now an out of work manager and what he did here played out with another side and he found himself sacked after recruiting one permanent, I'd overlook his first half of the season and hope he was on our current shortlist. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting gossip -I really can't see GJ returning here though. Is it from anyone reliable?

Quick Robbored where are you?   ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Wake up man.

Reply your thoughts on this one and I've a feeling ffor once the majority of us will be agreeing with you.

You might even get a 'like' or two out of this one.!!

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not being rude, but why comment then? It's obvious from the thread title what the discussion is going to be about! 

Pretty obvious really.... IMO I don't care and not sure why anyone else would. I didn't care where GJ, SOD, Del, Millen or all the rest of them went or are now. Lets move on. Just an opinion mind.

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Pretty obvious really.... IMO I don't care and not sure why anyone else would. I didn't care where GJ, SOD, Del, Millen or all the rest of them went or are now. Lets move on. Just an opinion mind.

Thread title makes it clear what content will be, why click on it, read it and then post if you care so little? :blink:

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thread title makes it clear what content will be, why click on it, read it and then post if you care so little? :blink:

Talk about flogging a dead horse! I replied because I had an opinion i.e. the opinion is why have a thread about it at all? That's it. With hindsight maybe I should've started a new thread titled .. Does anyone give a sh!te about where Cotts goes next?

Archived