IGNORED

Where next for Cotterill?

Phileas Fogg

20 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Pretty obvious really.... IMO I don't care and not sure why anyone else would. I didn't care where GJ, SOD, Del, Millen or all the rest of them went or are now. Lets move on. Just an opinion mind.

And it is that sort of thinking from those at the club which meant/means BCFC has never really capitalised on some of it's alumni, like loaning in players from: Hodgson, Moyes, Millen, Joe Jordan at Spurs etc etc etc.

Not a hope in hell that he'll land a championship job in my opinion. And the chances of him being able to get a league 1 club with the ability to cherry pick the best players in league 1 like we did are pretty much zero. If I were a betting man, I'd say he will never manage in this league again. 

Probably end up in League 1 or 2 again. He proved that he's very capable at that level but a bit like John Ward out of his depth higher up the league. His Championship record shows that. 

Managers like players have an ability level and Cotterills is league 1.

3 hours ago, ben91tucker said:

Current favourite for S****horpe job 

Be surprised.

He'd be well advised to have a bit of a rest. Managing Bristol City FC is obviously a very stressful job.

My bet is before too long SC will be managing again in the Championship, and, with reasonable financial backing, will go on to confound his critics on OTIB.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Be surprised.

He'd be well advised to have a bit of a rest. Managing Bristol City FC is obviously a very stressful job.

My bet is before too long SC will be managing again in the Championship, and, with reasonable financial backing, will go on to confound his critics on OTIB.

Totally agree

8 hours ago, RobinCTFC said:

Hi Cheltennham fan here.  We were all amazed by your decision to sack SC and can't see him being out of work for long. I feel he will get a Championship club or a top league one spot, the guy is super ambitious and I seriously doubt he would consider Leyton Orient especially with the owners there.

Apparently rumours are that you have approached us over Gary Johnson. If this is true - I somehow doubt it - then I could see SC coming back here to get us promotion then leaving for a Championship side again.

Why on earth would we want Gary Johnson back,and I doubt if Cotts will get a championship job,I think league one is his level.

2 hours ago, Just Red said:

Our success wasn't all down to him, let's be honest we had one of the biggest budgets a decent team and a good set up off the field. He was part of the success but not solely responsible. League Two me thinks but his ego means he will rather be unemployed than drop down to that level.

Mate, I am (was) a fan of Cotts so you might predict my response to this, but how on earth can you say that league two is his level? Complete bollocks. And that isn't opinion, it's fact. 

On 18 January 2016 at 16:10, Just Red said:

Our success wasn't all down to him, let's be honest we had one of the biggest budgets a decent team and a good set up off the field. He was part of the success but not solely responsible. League Two me thinks but his ego means he will rather be unemployed than drop down to that level.

Most of it was down to him though, don't knock the bloke about just because he's not here now, he did a fantastic job here last season ( and before that) and we should all be grateful for that.

On 18 January 2016 at 15:42, Robbored said:

Probably end up in League 1 or 2 again. He proved that he's very capable at that level but a bit like John Ward out of his depth higher up the league. His Championship record shows that. 

Managers like players have an ability level and Cotterills is league 1.

I agree.

Fantastic season last year, absolutely dire this.

I fear anything more than L1 and SC is out of his depth. 

Well I won't bash him like some are here. He's done us well and I don't think he wanted to be struggling but his stubbornness was too much in the end. It could've been a much different story if we had signed Gray or Gayle and I imagine if he was manager at a bigger championship club he would be doing well. 

As for his next job, I don't think Scunny wouldn't be bad. They seem ambitious enough. Seem small for his liking though. I think he should wait it out though. See what is available at the end of the season and take his pick of L1 or maybe even sneak a championship job? 

On 18/01/2016 at 16:10, Just Red said:

based on that,our league position now isn't down to him....yea  :facepalm: 

Archived