IGNORED

Where next for Cotterill?

Phileas Fogg

On 19/01/2016 at 11:14, old_eastender said:

I have a friend who is connected with Scunny and he tells me Cotts is wanted by them, given the success he had with Cheltenham and us I told him thought he could do a good job for them.

The following is a post on the Scunny fans forum:-

Steve Cotterill

Steve Cotterill would be my choice. Surely we have to go for someone who has proved they can get a team promoted. Many managers can do it once (even Russ Wilcox) but the really good ones repeat it at different clubs. Steve Cotterill has the credentials to push us on to the next level.

Read more at http://boards.footymad.net/s****horpeunited-mad/2109598287/#6xV6xFOvymzvvZ5g.99

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He could always live down the road in Skegness - it`s so bracing don`tchaknow

I know bracing is in the advertising crap for skeggy, but as i live 15 miles away i can tell u its frickin cold here 

25 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

I heard a rumour old big gob is quitting football & playing the circuits as an ELVIS impersonator. Just hope the audiences are receptive because can you imagine the industrial fall-out if they boo him??? :)

Fair play for posting that under your real name Juan, unlike some of the other cowardly anonymous posters.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Shameless bump of my own thread but just seen Westley has been sacked by Peterborough.

Surely SC will be a big contender for this? Great record at getting promotion from L1. Would be a good move for him I think, especially with the whole summer to buy players.

Can't see him and their owner seeing eye to eye, and is Barry Fry still there? Right powder keg if those 3 were in the same room!!

16 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Can't see him and their owner seeing eye to eye, and is Barry Fry still there? Right powder keg if those 3 were in the same room!!

That's true, but Westley and Ferguson were hardly meek mild characters. Good setup there, given a full summer and a reasonable budget he could do really well.

On 17 January 2016 at 10:22, RobinCTFC said:

Hi Cheltennham fan here.  We were all amazed by your decision to sack SC and can't see him being out of work for long. I feel he will get a Championship club or a top league one spot, the guy is super ambitious and I seriously doubt he would consider Leyton Orient especially with the owners there.

Apparently rumours are that you have approached us over Gary Johnson. If this is true - I somehow doubt it - then I could see SC coming back here to get us promotion then leaving for a Championship side again.

If we had not sacked him, the we'd have been relegated. Lower division manager, I'm afraid.

Well it is a funny one.After our remarkable promotion season who could have dreamed it would end up as it did with Cotterill. So I guess I would not wanted to have missed a season like we had.But his style, decision making and complete unwillingness to change things when they were clearly not working  meant that I was genuinely delighted he went.At  the moment the utter disaster that was his season in the Championship severely impacts on the joy of his promotion season.

Bit of a tough one to answer but hope it makes some sense..

Archived