IGNORED

Bobby Reid

brad blit

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

So it wasn't his through ball for Burn's chance tonight or his corner on a Saturday that got us the winner? Supporters like you make me sick, why don't you just get behind the lad and give him a chance, he's just played against a typically strong Tony Pulis team and the best team in the division on Saturday and you're writing him off, I just hope he doesn't read this forum

Read this forum?! You think it would make a jot of difference if he did? He coasts through games, puts in less tackles than Lee Johnson in his prime and cannot play this way in a championship midfield whether playing boro, wba or bolton. 

Far too weak. Needs to spend some time in the gym and remember hes playing a physical mans game and needs to put his foot in. 

Ok a decent through ball. Everyone has that chance at some point. And the boro goal came from great movement by Flint to the near post. This came from the realisation he could barely get the ball into the box ( see the match day thread tonight claiming exactly the same ). 

Furthermore if he did happen to read this, and being in an entertainment profession, should he go crying and hide away, this would show considerable mental weakness, certainly not what we need in a relegation battle. 

I'll continue to support home and away, and voice my opinion ( thats what a forum is for ). The team gets my backing more than enough. Unfortunately Bobby wont cut it. Ive seen way better players than him not make it in 30 years of watching our fine team. 

I don't think he played a blinder by any means, and he certainly bottled a couple of tackles. Fluffing a corner happens.

His size does make him susceptible to being outmuscled (not helped by the fact Anichebe should be taking on Anthony Joshua, not Bobby Reid), but he certainly has an eye for a pass.

Proven by his through ball to Wes. If Wes slots that, then that's 2 assists in 2 games. Against the best side in the Champ and a PL side. 

I don't personally see how he did any worse than Freeman tonight? LF had loads of misplaced passes, offered little defensively, gave away a free kick in a dangerous area and didn't get his free kick on target. 

I'm not taking sides here, but to slate Bobby for a poor game against a Premiership side when others around him had an equally average display is unfair. 

45 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think you have a short memory, he was written off by quite a few early on and even at the start of last season some wanted him to go back out on loan somewhere. He has won them over for sure but it hasn't always been positive.

Well, there will always be doubters on forums and JB had the determination to prove those fans spectacularly wrong.

At the start of last season he publicly stated the time had come for him to cement a first team place.

Which he did, sidelining the experienced Cunningham in the process.

I thought the encouragement he got from the fans last season was outstanding, and if a local lad displays such passion, commitment - and not a little skill - City fans will always back him all the way.

Perhaps a similar statement of intent from BR - who is older than JB btw., but only made half the number of apps. for City - is overdue.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

Very poor tonight.

I do agree BS3 he was very poor tonight, in fact I don't think I have ever seen him have a great game. I think we do get over excited and will him on as he is from our academy. But tbf I think we all know he is not a championship level player and the last season we relied on him heavily was under Odismall the season we were relegated.

I must be honest I agree with Cotts on this one, when he said last week or the week before that if we had more depth to the squad BR would def be going out on loan to a lower league team.

Lets just hope Pembo sees it the same as us in time for Saturday.

Even Louis Carey was saying after the game his corners are really poor and his end product too.

Lets get him out on loan and hopefully maybe one for the future, when he is a bit stronger. He gets bossed about and pushed off the ball too easy for me.

3 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Even Louis Carey was saying after the game his corners are really poor and his end product too.

Lets get him out on loan and hopefully maybe one for the future, when he is a bit stronger. He gets bossed about and pushed off the ball too easy for me.

Louis Carey never said anything like that, he said when talking about the academy lads, that it was a not true to suggest they didn't have the talent to succeed.

3 minutes ago, screech said:

Louis Carey never said anything like that, he said when talking about the academy lads, that it was a not true to suggest they didn't have the talent to succeed.

Louis Carey said after Bobbys last corner. "When you have the likes of flint and baker to aim at, your corners have got to beat the first man, and bobby's poor delivery have let him down all night tonight, I would expect better"

The team/manager have viewed Bobby as the best corner taker, that's why he takes them. It's funny how no one saw it fit to slate his corners when they gave us the win against Boro, and equaliser against Leeds. Tonight his delivery was good, just one at the end scuffed, which was not helped by the poor surface in that area.

People have clearly been waiting all season just for him to take a bad one so that they could jump all over him. Poor that.

2 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Louis Carey said after Bobbys last corner. "When you have the likes of flint and baker to aim at, your corners have got to beat the first man, and bobby's poor delivery have let him down all night tonight, I would expect better"

And he said differently after Middlesborough where his corner was bang on the money.

50 minutes ago, MartockRed said:

Bobby has a bit of quality about him. Hit and miss with set piece delivery, but comfortable on the ball, and always trying to make something happen with a forward pass.

It didn't happen at all tonight apart from the Burns through ball, and the jury is (still) out especially this level. 

Unfortunately we don't have the points in the bag to give him an extended run in the team. Not writing him off but I'd rather trust Freeman to pull the strings when it counts. 

What the same freeman that has delivered us so much when it counts this season?  Br crossed for the goal against boro and put Burns clean through on goal tonight, not bad for a lad that has to find his feet in this division having been benched all season. He was also injured for about the last 15 tonight but still tried to put a shift in. Im all for calling players out when they are not up to scratch but give me a break with this trust freeman but bobby is crap shtick!! 

16 minutes ago, screech said:

And he said differently after Middlesborough where his corner was bang on the money.

I don't know what he said after the Boro game as he wasn't doing the commentary for that game. But I agree BR's last corner of that game was on the Money, but still 1 good delivery out of 7 in that game is not great.

All Im saying is its a position we need to seriously improve in, BR is way too lightweight in that position.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Screech mate Reid has got ability i'm sure of that, but looked far too lightweight tonight IMO.

I'm not going to say he isn't slight but, I honestly believe a lot of this at the moment is because he just hasn't got enough game time, he's barely played and is struggling a bit with the pace of the game. His positioning can only get better if he plays more, then I don't see that his frame will be much of a problem.

He's a little rusty because of this, but I see a very talented footballer who can spot a pass earlier than any other at the club.

I don't like to speak ill of the deceased but, in some respects I do blame Cotterill who could have and should have given fringe players some game time, perhaps we would be seeing a much improved Burns, Reid, El Abd, Wagstaff etc..

40 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

The team/manager have viewed Bobby as the best corner taker, that's why he takes them. It's funny how no one saw it fit to slate his corners when they gave us the win against Boro, and equaliser against Leeds. Tonight his delivery was good, just one at the end scuffed, which was not helped by the poor surface in that area.

People have clearly been waiting all season just for him to take a bad one so that they could jump all over him. Poor that.

Sorry but the majority of his corners against Boro were also abysmal. Yes it was a good cross for the goal but let's not gloss over the 5 or 6 that failed to even make it past the near post. There is no witch hunt here. For me he has far to many flaws and lacks consistency to establish himself as a regular championship player.

3 hours ago, BS3_RED said:

Can see him being shifted out when the new manager comes in. Very poor tonight and does not look consistent enough for the Championship.

You mean Head coach? I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Depends on the agenda of our countless boardroom members don't it. They clearly wanna push our academy products regardless of quality imo. Maybe they'll have a say in picking the team.............

What a depressing thread, BR has some very good qualities and some weaknesses. Hopefully given a bit more game time we will see if the qualities outweigh the weaknesses or vice versa, too soon to write him off, and only read part of this, but a lot of pretty harsh rubbish on here.

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

He needs to go away and spend a large amount of time in the gym to build up his upper body strength…..he is constantly shrugged off or out battled in challenges, and his dead ball delivery needs massive practice, as for passing ability, its non existent. He needs to spend a season with a lower division club to build him up and get game time. At present he's a million miles away from championship football……but he's got  youth on his side, and might make it as a professional somewhere down the line…….but I'm not holding my breath?

He will end up at weston or Backwell

Reid!!!!!!! Had a shocking game last night, first time at the gate in a while (due to playing on Saturdays). I was really looking forward to watching bobby Reid and Wes burns.

Wes burns- looked lively when on the ball, didn't have the best of games but a prospect! But bloody put the ball in the box!!! all this stop start shimmying made it easy for WBA defence.

Bobby Reid- Extremely disappointing, Weak on all aspects of his game! Cannot take a corner to save his life, every through ball(apart from one) went directly to a WBA defenders foot!

Obviously like I said its my first time watching at the ground in a while but I must say if it wasn't for pack holding the middle together it would of got embarrassing.

When people say "too soon to write him off", how long does he need? He's 22 now, has been at the club for five years and still hasn't established himself in the side at either L1 or Championship level. How much longer does he need? A player who has the quality to compete at this level would have established himself by now. And if the argument is "he hasn't had a run in the side", ask yourself why not.

Not good enough in my opinion.

I keep reading that 'we only lost one nil to a Premiership team'. 

That doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. It doesn't wash with me because although they are a Premiership side, they were shit. Absolutely shit. There for the taking. And Premier league shit will always beat championship shit. 

10 hours ago, RobArnold10 said:

In the nicest way possible, this is why we need Dack. Reid is great off the bench but for me goes very quiet in games.

Last 2 sub appearances poor play from him was a big contributor to us conceding, and whilst loathe to place much blame on him for last night because we had a chance to clear, his headed clearance straight to their man begged for the ball to come back in which led to their goal. 

Whilst he has attributes there's too many question marks for me, and perhaps in a large part due to inexperience due to not having played as much as he ought to have at this age. For me, however, I don't think he's good enough to have a career here and once we have more squad players I'd let him go. 

54 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I keep reading that 'we only lost one nil to a Premiership team'. 

That doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. It doesn't wash with me because although they are a Premiership side, they were shit. Absolutely shit. There for the taking. And Premier league shit will always beat championship shit. 

Agree. We gave them an easy night.

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Last 2 sub appearances poor play from him was a big contributor to us conceding, and whilst loathe to place much blame on him for last night because we had a chance to clear his headed clearance straight to their man begged for the ball to come back in which led to their goal. 

This is absolutely true. As a midfielder It doesn't matter how many through balls you make, or how good you look on the ball, if you switch off at crucial times then that's what people remember. 

He had a shocker last night, in every sense.

Way too light weight in every department, he's a league two /conference player at best. So frustrating to watch, I know he's one of our own, but please take off the rose tinted blinkers .............. he's just not good enough.

You can see why Cotts would never start him.

Archived