IGNORED

Everything Colin related (merged topics once again)

42nite

48 minutes ago, bcfcmike said:

Ok the guy can be annoying when he is opposition manager, but he has a proven track record at this level. Gets results also gets 50/50 decisions from refs too imo, they don't want to face his wraith :)

I know you were joking, but if he gets 50/5o decisions, why is he always having to moan about decisions going against his teams.

I know we can't be choosy, but he's not for me.  He does talk sense at times, but they all do.

We need some stability and that means give the job to Pembo till the end of the season then take stock, or give it to a season campaigner the old salty sea dog Warnock , surely he would do better than Cotts. Granted we have a lot of good candidates to choose from. 

Trouble is Mr Ashton wants to go through a process which is taking time that we don't have. 

The he process could have been: pick up phone "Neil fancy six months work? Bonus if you keep us up?"

I guess we don't know that hasn't happened but I'm pretty sure Warnock would fancy it unless 1) the money was insulting (possible) 2) there's something more rotten with this club than we realise but is known in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Trouble is Mr Ashton wants to go through a process which is taking time that we don't have. 

The he process could have been: pick up phone "Neil fancy six months work? Bonus if you keep us up?"

I guess we don't know that hasn't happened but I'm pretty sure Warnock would fancy it unless 1) the money was insulting (possible) 2) there's something more rotten with this club than we realise but is known in the game. 

But then if it didn't work, you'd have people moaning about the lack of process in the same way that people didn't like the process when Cotterill got the job.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

But then if it didn't work, you'd have people moaning about the lack of process in the same way that people didn't like the process when Cotterill got the job.

Not for a six month gig you wouldn't. 

The ridiculous thing is that we're looking for a long term solution - not even know what div. we'll be in. 

Trying to find a positive note to close the night :) 

TBf to JP we have stopped leaking goals and restricted A good Boro side , a prem WBA side and a (poor) Leeds side to ? 3 chances in 270 mins

Weve stopped scoring but that isn't just under JP - did someone say one goal in 9 ? Away (league) games :o

So we can't lay that blame solely at JPs door

Hes stopped us leaking goals - just need to get the final third bit right now :D

QPR brought him in to get them up.. as far as I recall that's what he does best , takes teams that have been knocking on the door and helps them attain that elusive step,  not sure he has a record of going into clubs and turning them around to avoid relegation.....not saying he couldn't. ...but I can't recall where he has.......sure one of the experts out there will enlighten me with many examples. ...

Far too many panicking on here , now is the time to believe and let those working their arses off for the club get on with their jobs with as much backing and support as we can give....

We have to to trust they will do the right thing for the future of the club, .. panicking is not the right thing.....

44 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

We have to to trust they will do the right thing for the future of the club, .. 

You're asking a lot there, mate. Too much for some of us. The board have got themselves in a proper hole now and they probably have very few viable options, for this season at least

Strange times, we had a manager who was clearly not getting things right, and the cry was to back him. We now have a couple of guys who are beginning to get things right, and people don't want to back them.

Endless threads presenting us with saviours who can, apparently, guarantee Championship football next season. Why not just back the guys in charge, and give them a chance. After all, I doubt that SL actually gives a stuff what any of us think, and at the end of the day, it's his cash, so his choice.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Warnock has kept sides up Palace I think were in some trouble when he took them from bottom to playoffs the year we beat them in playoffs.

True...he did do that and Iain Dowie also took Palace from the bottom to the play offs...they were 19th when he took over at Christmas in 2003 and they won 17 of the last 23 games that season to clinch a play off spot...

Funny club Palace, they've been relegated from the Premier League more than any other club and they've also gained promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs more than any other club, four times...

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Who wouldn't like to see this,apart from people who don't like his winning attitude,reading another thread somebody said sl wasn't a fan a few years ago of him.which is why he keeps employing nice people 

Like many others I loathe Warnock as a person (more than Holloway). 

How would I feel if City appointed him? The best analogy would be if your daughter decided to marry someone you despise - say Piers Morgan. It goes beyond who could do a job, I have to be happy to be associated with them.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Like many others I loathe Warnock as a person (more than Holloway). 

How would I feel if City appointed him? The best analogy would be if your daughter decided to marry someone you despise - say Piers Morgan. It goes beyond who could do a job, I have to be happy to be associated with them.

To loathe someone as a person you'd have to know them personally not be taken in by a media persona which is obviously an act to deflect attention away from players.

Apologies if you do know Neil W personally but I suspect not....

23 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

If he gets results and gets us out of this situation then I'm pretty sure the fans that loathe him will start to appreciate him 

I refer you to my original final sentence.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To loathe someone as a person you'd have to know them personally not be taken in by a media persona which is obviously an act to deflect attention away from players.

Apologies if you do know Neil W personally but I suspect not....

I'll just have to loathe his media persona then, and get to love the wonderful human being none of us have ever seen, but which you obviously have some sort of inside knowledge of.

10 hours ago, Chappers said:

Strange times, we had a manager who was clearly not getting things right, and the cry was to back him. We now have a couple of guys who are beginning to get things right, and people don't want to back them.

Endless threads presenting us with saviours who can, apparently, guarantee Championship football next season. Why not just back the guys in charge, and give them a chance. After all, I doubt that SL actually gives a stuff what any of us think, and at the end of the day, it's his cash, so his choice.

His cash, his choice. True. But maybe a few thousand fans will take the same view if this complete balls up of a season carries on in the same vein and we get relegated. But I suppose Steve won't care?

Archived