IGNORED

Everything Colin related (merged topics once again)

42nite

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Nonsense.

Under Osman our crowds went down to under 6000 for Championship football, no one can say that is any sort of basis for success.

Lumsden very luckily inherited Jordan's brilliant squad but once he had to make his own decisions (like selling Bob, buying Dziekanowski) we were going down faster than the Titanic when we sacked him.

Fawthrop did what? Kept us in the third tier (wow) and got to the final of a pointless trophy, well done. Pulis aside he was the least welcomed managerial appointment we've ever made for that brief spell he was permanent manager.

Millen's time was neutral in my eyes but he had been assistant for over five years when he took over.

As for Jordan, when we made him manager he had only been Cooper's assistant for barely a month, we were halfway down League One and he was (and remains) a legend in football, so can you see why his was the only success and was also hardly "promoting from within"?

But none of them took us down, and if you did similar negative analysis of all City managers since '82, most would have major negatives, after all, we have had only occasional islands of success amidst a sea of mediocrity.

Wouldn't mind Warnock.

If ever a situation cried out for him, this it it. He is on record for saying he's always wanted to manage us and I can't recall the last time we've appointed anyone with experience of gaining promotion (more than once) from the 2nd tier to the 1st.

I was against SC's sacking but would much rather Warnock than Pearce, Appleton or Pemberton being promoted to manager full-time.

At least it would be entertaining, even if we do go down, as is the likelihood with the current squad.

As this is a merged thread, there seems little point in my starting a new thread considering the view that Colin looks very much like a monkey.

It really only leaves one to discuss which flavour monkey he most closely resembles.

1) The proboscus?

:ranting:

Uncle TFR-Moyes

I don't know if Colin would be a good or bad thing, 

8 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

I'd just like to say what a complete and utter ******* ***** Colin is.

Thank you for your attention.

Uncle TFR-Moyes

But do you honestly believe that if you keep saying it over and over you are likely to  influence the outcome?

2 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I don't know if Colin would be a good or bad thing, 

But do you honestly believe that if you keep saying it over and over you are likely to  influence the outcome?

Works for George Osbourne and the economy ..........

(Colin's a knob).

Uncle TFR-Moyes

12 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

I'd just like to say what a complete and utter ******* ***** Colin is.

Thank you for your attention.

Uncle TFR-Moyes

I actually met him a good few years ago while on a family holiday in Looe. He saw the City shirt and came over for a quick chat. He was very pleasant tbh and not at all what I expected. This was waaay before the palace play off games and the ghost goal but he was very complimentary about our club.

Still doesn't mean I want him as Manager but we could do a lot worse if we are after a short term 'save our season and bugger off into retirement' appointment. We may stand more chance of attracting the 'name' we are after once relegation is no longer a factor.

4 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I actually met him a good few years ago while on a family holiday in Looe. He saw the City shirt and came over for a quick chat. He was very pleasant tbh and not at all what I expected. This was waaay before the palace play off games and the ghost goal but he was very complimentary about our club.

Still doesn't mean I want him as Manager but we could do a lot worse if we are after a short term 'save our season and bugger off into retirement' appointment. We may stand more chance of attracting the 'name' we are after once relegation is no longer a factor.

Lovely bloke away from football. Lives close to my aunt and uncle. Met him a few times.  Certainly has a footballing persona and a normal life persona 

Would I want him a city? If he could guarantee we stayed up yes.  But I'd rather a long term appointment and as we know there are no guarantees in football.

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

Lovely bloke away from football. Lives close to my aunt and uncle. Met him a few times.  Certainly has a footballing persona and a normal life persona 

Would I want him a city? If he could guarantee we stayed up yes.  But I'd rather a long term appointment and as we know there are no guarantees in football.

I must agree judging by my short chat with him.

On the second point, wouldn't we be more likely to get a Pearson once relegation is no longer an issue? Get Colin to keep us up on a short term deal (that's all he would probably do nowadays anyway) and then go after the 'name' with a clean bill of health and improved budget from all the corporate stuff.

The perfect bloke for the job. I assume the people that don't want him to manage us would rather have MR nice guy in our dugout? His record speaks for itself. He'll bring respect, players would love to play for Warnock. ******* hell he's said some great things about our club over the years.

18 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I must agree judging by my short chat with him.

On the second point, wouldn't we be more likely to get a Pearson once relegation is no longer an issue? Get Colin to keep us up on a short term deal (that's all he would probably do nowadays anyway) and then go after the 'name' with a clean bill of health and improved budget from all the corporate stuff.

I would like him here if he could keep us up. Then replaced in the summer. I think he is on the wind down now anyway. Possibly the ideal job for him to see if he still wants a active day to day role in football

1 hour ago, TRL said:

Glad you posted this, can't believe how many on here 'hate' someone they've never met and have fallen for his well-rehearsed media persona - hook, line and sinker...

He has an incredible record as a football manager....but that isn't enough for the wise sages on here...they know better and hilariously call him him 'Colin'....

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Glad you posted this, can't believe how many on here 'hate' someone they've never met and have fallen for his well-rehearsed media persona - hook, line and sinker...

He has an incredible record as a football manager....but that isn't enough for the wise sages on here...they know better and hilariously call him him 'Colin'....

Fair comment, but by the same token, most of our players are crap, but they've never seen them play! :facepalm:

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hilarious also that people are crying out for a long term solution to our immediate problem (remember SOD?). 

Let's  get the man in - hopefully stay up then worry about long term...... 

That, obvs, won't be the way the board go. 

I have no problem with NW or IH simply because I have never met either so how can I possibly discount them based on what either have said or where they have come from; one must never burn bridges in any walk of life; that is a principle I have always tried to hold dear and as one gets older one for sure gets wiser.

You might argue a short term appointment might be less destabilising a factor anyway and with a few days left of this window and virtually no chance of permanent signings that is exactly what we need. The least destabilising option might be to keep JP but frankly, from what I have seen and heard, I do not think he can keep us up; do you think Warnock, Holloway, Curbs or Jordan would have come out and said 'it was their mental state that was not right at Leeds?' Of course not.

We need someone who has been there and done it and can squeeze the last ounce of sweat from the players we have, add at least one loan striker and a very experienced one at that who will get us over the line. Then retire or walk away with their reputations significantly enhanced not only nationally but with those on a sort of hate campaign against them.

The longer this board faffs about the shorter the odds on our whimperish return to the bowels of the Football League will be. They sold the new era to the fans, who have spent thousands buying into it, they need to act and act now and they need to be radical.

13 hours ago, TRL said:

Exactly this..bright enough to wear different hats for different occasions..all many see on here is the red faced angry man.very astute knowledgeable football man who knows what to do,and more importantly when to do it..........

Archived