IGNORED

Have Moyes Been Vindicated?

Jack Dawe

Looking at Everton in the bottom half of the table (and listening to their whining fans) and Utd spending £250m plus to put together a team more tedious and unwatchable than Moyesie's limited EFC teams, how does Moyesie's reputation stand up now?

Ok, at Real Sociedad, he acclimatised about as well as Auf Wiedersen Pet's Oz in Dusseldorf but we can discount that unfortunate escapade. C'est la vie, as they say on the Costa Brava (after 3 months Spanish lessons).

Moyesie is a jolly good coach and manager, one that can bring through young talent, spot a bargain, and perform better than would be predicted by the wages spent theory. Moyesie can get you to "compete" with clubs with greater resources, if not win you a league or a cup.

Sounds like a good "fit" for what SL is after, pity he's still way out of our league. But, Moyes have been vindicated?

4 minutes ago, UncleAlbert said:

We are delusion to think moyes will come to us. Why would he drop from one of the biggest teams in the world to a team that at the moment looks more suited to league one. We should stop the nonsense and just accept Warnock. 

Have Warnock been approached?

27 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Looking at Everton in the bottom half of the table (and listening to their whining fans) and Utd spending £250m plus to put together a team more tedious and unwatchable than Moyesie's limited EFC teams, how does Moyesie's reputation stand up now?

Ok, at Real Sociedad, he acclimatised about as well as Auf Wiedersen Pet's Oz in Dusseldorf but we can discount that unfortunate escapade. C'est la vie, as they say on the Costa Brava (after 3 months Spanish lessons).

Moyesie is a jolly good coach and manager, one that can bring through young talent, spot a bargain, and perform better than would be predicted by the wages spent theory. Moyesie can get you to "compete" with clubs with greater resources, if not win you a league or a cup.

Sounds like a good "fit" for what SL is after, pity he's still way out of our league. But, Moyes have been vindicated?

He have, have he?

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Vindicated for what? What has he done that needs vindication?

Are you asking if I rate him or if I think he is the man for us? 

Well, Martinez is not now what Everton fans thought he was in his first few months there. And LVG has spent money that Moyes never got, and they are dire right now. Moyes was slaughtered by both sets of fans after he left. His credentials were questioned. Maybe his reputation has been restored a little by the struggles of his two successors?

4 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Well, Martinez is not now what Everton fans thought he was in his first few months there. And LVG has spent money that Moyes never got, and they are dire right now. Moyes was slaughtered by both sets of fans after he left. His credentials were questioned. Maybe his reputation has been restored a little by the struggles of his two successors?

Everton fans were probably a bit hacked off that he left them for Utd. As well as he did at Everton I think he had taken them as far as he could without major financial backing which was never going to happen under BK.

He inherited a Utd team that was ageing and over performed if AF's last season. Therefore I don't think he stood much of a chance at fulfilling his remit.

The struggles of his successors does not increase or diminish the level of success he had/didn't have. He's not a bad manager and is unlikely to interested in coming here IMHO. Much better offers around the corner for him.

This isn't about Moyes coming here. Or even being "approached." As I said, out of our league. It's just where his standing or reputation is right now. 

From 2007 to 2013, Everton finished 8th or higher every season. They score plenty now but ship plenty too. And their fans are not happy. Agree with @Nomad though, probably done all he could there.

Utd are nowhere near back to anything like under SAF. What was the point of sacking Moyes?

47 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Have Warnock been approached?

As far as I'm aware he''s the most suitable candidate, I don't buy the idea that we are running through c.v''s,  the club tried it last time with cotts and no one else was approached, several bookies closed trading on warnock on Sunday. I believe a few are back open today but still the odds are nowhere near what they were. I think it's just a matter of time before they announce the candidate, we know pearce wasn't approached. Warnock has kept very quiet on it, makes you think something is up. I also think the papers are wrong in claiming we won't announce until after the brum game. Makes no sense to me. I expect they'll come out tomorrow or Thursday with a new manager.

Archived