IGNORED

Could we all TRY and use public transport for Birmingham game?

Never to the dark side

20 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You're correct (sorry), though the frequency of trains through Falmer is approx every 15 minutes. I've used this line from Lewes (just up the line from Falmer) to Brighton on numerous occasions and the service is fantastic - e.g. modern frequent trains compared to the old wrecks used on the Severn Beach line.

That doesn't surprise. We have a pretty poor deal in this area public transport wise, especially compared to London and in and around it. Would also add Severn Beach could be an excellent line but the number of trains is pathetic.

14 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I know public transport is not every ones cup of tea but give it a go for just one game.

Weather conditions are bright with no rain(current forcast)

I don't think too many fans will battering down the turnstiles to get into the game

Maybe get some one to drop you down the Gate and make your own way home

Trains to from Bristol Temple meads to Parson Street depart 13:25 13:55 and 14:25

Weston super mare to Parson street leave at 13:10pm and 14:10pm

so if you come from outside of the Greater Bristol area give it a try

Special A  bus runs from the Brislington area be outside Arnos Hotel at approx 13:50pm

First bus I think still runs from Warncliffe Gardens area

Hope to see some of you on the A bus from Brislington.

What time does the A Bus from Brislington usually get to the ground?

4 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I wish i had the money to buy the Ashton vale site from SL. I would turn it into a giant car park and charge £2 to park. I would be a millionaire in no time. 

If you had the money to buy the site you'd already be a millionaire. 

Trouble is everyone wants to park inside the front door nowadays, I come in from Burnham and park on Bedminster Down and then WALK. I'm in my mid 60's and its good exercise and compensates for all the time in the week I sit at my laptop writing drivel to keep myself occupied !!!!!:igiveup:

On 28/01/2016 at 07:18, ojjy said:

Yeh but I want to get home by 5.45pm..  No way of doing that on public transport! 

These parking restrictions are ridiculous if not necessary..  the club with help from the council are going to need to do more especially with a gurt big stand opening next season! 

We won't get help from the council as long as the pantalooned clown is in charge :(

18 hours ago, Turbored said:

No trains , this country has a severe lack of trains , i remember reading that they just built a new line from Swindon to Gloucester but couldn't use it for two more years as  they had no trains to run on it and thats when they would be delivered.

Provision of rolling stock is is micro managed by civil servants. Planning was on the basis that demand would remain static. In fact, it's nearly doubled in the last ten years.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Provision of rolling stock is is micro managed by civil servants. Planning was on the basis that demand would remain static. In fact, it's nearly doubled in the last ten years.

True, but GWR had this big fanfare about supplying an additional 11,000 seats / 33 Trains to the Bath Christmas market - where have those seats vanished to?

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Never going to happen

Don't think its' even logistically possible given the single track line and a 60mph speed limted. Granted they'll have a double track at Pill it would be still nigh on impossible to even get 2 trains an hour. I think at best its going to be an hourly service.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

True, but GWR had this big fanfare about supplying an additional 11,000 seats / 33 Trains to the Bath Christmas market - where have those seats vanished to?

Lots of improved stock coming this way when when the electric stock is running London-Cardiff-Bristol. The Severn Beach Flyer is now a regular three-coach set that is restricted by the line speeds, not the stock speed.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Don't think its' even logistically possible given the single track line and a 60mph speed limted. Granted they'll have a double track at Pill it would be still nigh on impossible to even get 2 trains an hour. I think at best its going to be an hourly service.

Not sure about this. The Severn Beach line, operating under the same constraints, is now roughly every 40 minutes to/from Avonmouth. Without the Severn Beach extension it would be half-hourly.

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

When I lived in Totterdown, many, many, moons ago, I used to walk to the Gate, every time. I think it took about 45 minutes and that's not walking fast.

I live in London at the moment, but will be travelling in from Keynsham, and have to drive straight back to London after the game. Given more time to sort out arrangements I might be able to come by train at some point (from Keynsham).

22 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

I wish i had the money to buy the Ashton vale site from SL. I would turn it into a giant car park and charge £2 to park. I would be a millionaire in no time. 

Don'y even think about it!  The Dog Walkers won't allow it!

18 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

If you had the money to buy the site you'd already be a millionaire. 

Being a long suffering city supporter I was hoping Lansdown would give me it on the cheap. Anyway this was just a subtle hint to the club that they could be earning some money. Before they sell it off for something else.

3 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

When I lived in Totterdown, many, many, moons ago, I used to walk to the Gate, every time. I think it took about 45 minutes and that's not walking fast.

Takes me 45 minutes to walk from Temple Meads.  But to be honest if the weather is looking ropey I jump in a cab

Archived