IGNORED

Could we all TRY and use public transport for Birmingham game?

Never to the dark side

11 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

I was thinking of using the new BC1 bus from Whitchurch, but coming back it leaves at 5pm, well the games don't fiish until 5 to 5 and then takes me 10 mins to get out of the South Stand, so I miss it.

Any chance it could leave at 5:15 that would be much more convenient.

I live in Whitchurch and it takes an hour and ten minutes to walk

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Or maybe 17 bus to Keynsham railway station

Then 13:29 Keynsham to Parson street

Changing at Bristol temple meads arrive parson street 13:59

Then march to Ashton Gate

Wouldn't it be cheaper and only slightly less convenient to go via Berlin?

Codered you are a very naughty person.

Thank you for all those who did decide to use public transport

Any way this is the day it panned ouy

Parson street railway station after the match approx one hundred boarded the first weston super mare bound train

Although appro one hundred and thirty boarded the Bristol bound train

Not sure how these numbers stack up in regards passenger numbers in the past

By the way does any one if any one got a parking ticket

On 29/01/2016 at 14:18, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

When I lived in Totterdown, many, many, moons ago, I used to walk to the Gate, every time. I think it took about 45 minutes and that's not walking fast.

Bet it took longer to walk back, especially when we lost :(

I live in willsbridge not far from longwell green.

I drove to park and ride at brislington (15 mins), straight on to a bus, got off 

on the centre (15 mins). 2 bus stops away got on a 24, unfortunatley had to

wait  20 mins for the bus to come (supposed to be every 10 mins) expect due to

traffic (bus comes from southmead hospital). I was in the coopers arms 1 hour

after i left home. this would normally take me 30 minutes but at least i didn,t have

to worry about finding a parking space.

Return journey.  just missed a 24 as i was walking to the bus stop, waited 20 mins.

Reached the centre about 5.55 pm and jumped straight on a 904 park and ride bus.

18.10 reached park and ride, got home 18.20 (about 20 mins later than doing it by

car (no problem).  Used my bus pass cost = NOTHING.  Result.

8 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Codered you are a very naughty person.

Thank you for all those who did decide to use public transport

Any way this is the day it panned ouy

Parson street railway station after the match approx one hundred boarded the first weston super mare bound train

Although appro one hundred and thirty boarded the Bristol bound train

Not sure how these numbers stack up in regards passenger numbers in the past

By the way does any one if any one got a parking ticket

Public transport (train Salisbury to Parson St for the first time) worked well for me (as did the flights in the morning from the Isle of Man to Manchester and Manchester to Southampton, but that's not my normal football route!). Thanks for posting the BTM to Parson Street times previously as that highlighted a very short and convenient connection time that trainline assumes isn't possible (only waited at BTM for 7 mins).

I walked back to BTM after the match rather than wait for the train from Parson Street - took about 40 mins. I did see a ticket on a car parked near a junction.

I will use the train a lot more in future so thanks for the suggestion NTTDS!

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Public transport (train Salisbury to Parson St for the first time) worked well for me (as did the flights in the morning from the Isle of Man to Manchester and Manchester to Southampton, but that's not my normal football route!). Thanks for posting the BTM to Parson Street times previously as that highlighted a very short and convenient connection time that trainline assumes isn't possible (only waited at BTM for 7 mins).

I walked back to BTM after the match rather than wait for the train from Parson Street - took about 40 mins. I did see a ticket on a car parked near a junction.

I will use the train a lot more in future so thanks for the suggestion NTTDS!

@eardun I always use the city wing to Gloucester when I am in IoM only takes an hour  have you thought about that one? 

4 minutes ago, Turbored said:

@eardun I always use the city wing to Gloucester when I am in IoM only takes an hour  have you thought about that one? 

Thanks @Turbored. I didn't know about that route until I was looking into my options for yesterday but from memory I don't think they were flying on Saturday morning which is what I needed. Good to hear it is OK for future ref though.

16 minutes ago, eardun said:

Thanks @Turbored. I didn't know about that route until I was looking into my options for yesterday but from memory I don't think they were flying on Saturday morning which is what I needed. Good to hear it is OK for future ref though.

@eardun yeah there a great little company quite often I would be stuck in traffic on the m5 and they would phone me up and check that I was definitely intending to get my flight and they even held it for 10 mins on two occasions until I got there. Local airport for local people :laugh:... I may well be getting some more work out there this year do will be using them again.

56 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

Yes it did wait, took a bit longer to get going but an ambulance was blocking part of the one way system for a bit. Still home by 1750 though

Glad to hear it, cos I really like the idea of this bus, it would give me the chance to have a beer too, which I can't have when I'm driving.

On 1/28/2016 at 14:17, phantom said:

You say that but it will NEVER be open when we need it

Look at the new station at The Ricoh - not open during any events due to the size of station and capacity of trains

Ashton Gate station is not the answer to this problem

You beat me to it (by several days). Fo those who don't know about this fiasco, it puts Bristol public transport into context:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/aug/25/coventry-city-ricoh-arena-train-station-open-football-fans-wasps

Archived