IGNORED

Could we all TRY and use public transport for Birmingham game?

Never to the dark side

I know public transport is not every ones cup of tea but give it a go for just one game.

Weather conditions are bright with no rain(current forcast)

I don't think too many fans will battering down the turnstiles to get into the game

Maybe get some one to drop you down the Gate and make your own way home

Trains to from Bristol Temple meads to Parson Street depart 13:25 13:55 and 14:25

Weston super mare to Parson street leave at 13:10pm and 14:10pm

so if you come from outside of the Greater Bristol area give it a try

Special A  bus runs from the Brislington area be outside Arnos Hotel at approx 13:50pm

First bus I think still runs from Warncliffe Gardens area

Hope to see some of you on the A bus from Brislington.

Yeh but I want to get home by 5.45pm..  No way of doing that on public transport! 

These parking restrictions are ridiculous if not necessary..  the club with help from the council are going to need to do more especially with a gurt big stand opening next season! 

7 minutes ago, ojjy said:

Yeh but I want to get home by 5.45pm..  No way of doing that on public transport! 

These parking restrictions are ridiculous if not necessary..  the club with help from the council are going to need to do more especially with a gurt big stand opening next season! 

Dolman?

43 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I know public transport is not every ones cup of tea but give it a go for just one game.

I don't think too many fans will battering down the turnstiles to get into the game

Trains to from Bristol Temple meads to Parson Street depart 13:25 13:55 and 14:25

Special A  bus runs from the Brislington area be outside Arnos Hotel at approx 13:50pm

Is the BS1 bus running from Whitchurch? 

A nice idea, NTTDS.

11 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Public transport from Shepton Mallet?? Shall I leave now?

Yes! 

Where I live, I'm in reasonable proximity to Cheltenham, Gloucester, Banbury, Swindon and Oxford. And Bristol not a million miles away. If you want to go anywhere by public transport it's pretty much only Oxford that's an option. Anywhere else and you have to go to Reading first.

Get those bloody railway lines open again. 

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Gosh you're keen @Dollymarie, what on earth goes on there at 11.00 ! Even some who work matchday get until after 12 to be in!

SC&T area in the sports bar needs to have one of us up there to support the security checking passes etc.  It's entirely my choice, nobody makes me get there that early :) 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Please enlighten me on what public transport I'm supposed to use from Longwell Green?

The three of us used the train the other month. Frome to Temple Meads was fine. Then we walked. Return trip we went to Parson Street. Waited for what seemed like an age. Train pulled in. One carriage. Already rammed. Conductor was useless. Refused to ask those inside to make space - where if all had moved along - we'd all have got on.

His comment as the doors shut? 

You'll have to wait for the next one. We missed our connection.

Never again thanks. We'll drive and have a leisurely lunch in The Cottage.

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

SC&T area in the sports bar needs to have one of us up there to support the security checking passes etc.  It's entirely my choice, nobody makes me get there that early :) 

That's dedication girl! Serious question, so the bar is busy at 11am, busy enough to have to ensure people don't stray into the wrong area? I guess they do breakfasts etc. Personally I think it's overkill at that time of day, anything before 1pm maybe? Who turns up at a home match 4 hours early?!  But if the club insists that's what the SC&T have to do then I suppose that's it. Must be hard to find people to give up 4 hours of their weekend to oversee though, fair play.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's dedication girl! Serious question, so the bar is busy at 11am, busy enough to have to ensure people don't stray into the wrong area? I guess they do breakfasts etc. Personally I think it's overkill at that time of day, anything before 1pm maybe? Who turns up at a home match 4 hours early?!  But if the club insists that's what the SC&T have to do then I suppose that's it. Must be hard to find people to give up 4 hours of their weekend to oversee though, fair play.

Yep, there's people in there.  The club don't insist, it's a choice amongst ourselves to be there. It just makes things easier that's all :) 

It means I get to park nice and close as well :)  (sorry NTTDS!)

No other choice but to use the car if i was to use public transport it would be train to Glos or Severn tunnel and then to temple meads/ parson street. I have never been to parson street but i would imagine its a small station that would struggle to cope with thousands descending on it and then because of the chaos of people trying to get inside to get thier train you would probably miss your connecting trains at TM would be missed a 45 min car journey would turn into a 3-4 hr train journey.

Parking this season is a joke. I have found I have to get there by 1pm on a Saturday, otherwise it is nigh on impossible to find a parking space.

I will either train it in on Saturday and walk from TM to the ground. Or use the Bath Road park and ride.

It's good the club are getting an income out of match hours. Maybe they should be thinking of putting on extra buses/ earlier buses to encourage this. I don't know what time the ABus etc get there but if it's still in Brislington at ten to two it doesn't give a whole lot of time to get something to eat from the Sports Bar.

38 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Please enlighten me on what public transport I'm supposed to use from Longwell Green?

Harvester for a breakfast, 45 to the centre a 24 down to the Gate.

Get thee a 'day-rider, please drive' ticket and you'll be there and back for four quid.*

*You'll regret doing this as it'll take hours and the breakfast will be shit.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Not against you NTTDS, but myself and many others get the 12:10 service up from Weston

But to be honest the service is crap, all over Christmas the service was full and standing by Worle and potential passengers were turned away

One journey home (17:28) we couldn't all get on, when we wrote to GWR to complain we were basically told the guard was right to stop passengers getting and we were basically unlucky we couldn't get on

GWR know when the matches on, they were able to find 20,000 extra seats for the Bath Christmas market but can't supply any kind of acceptable service in and around Parson Street for our fixtures

When I was a lad (quick walk down memory lane) the bus company ran specials from all parts of Bristol to the ground on match days. They returned after the match. If this was still happening I'd get a bus. Now, there is no direct service so a bus trip is impractical unless I have plenty of time to waste. 

Archived