IGNORED

Try picking the team now... not easy

reddogkev

59 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Gladwin in a central midfield two.  The guy is a wideman who can't tackle.  

He's a centre midfielder and he managed to do it everytime I saw him last season. Dominated Pack at AG. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Makes no sense.

About as much sense as your comment did

10 hours ago, deadredfred said:

O'Donnell

Little   Flint     Baker  Goalbound

Smith       Pack

Burns                        Gladwin                   

Tomlin

Kodjia

That's what I think. Give Freeman a rest. 

Nice compact two banks of 4 when defending with Tomlin dropping back to help out but when attacking, 3 good options to get forward and support Kodjia. Would increase our goal scoring chances I think.

20 hours ago, RedDave said:

Gladwin not a midfielder, especially in a two. Same with Tomlin.  

O'Donnell
Ayling.   Pearce.   Baker.    Golbourne
               Smith.    Pack
    Gladwin.   Tomlin.    Bryan
                     Kodjia

Subs: Fielding, Flint, Little, Reid, Freeman, Wilbraham, Burns

Based on what you've said about Gladwin, and possible vulnerabilities in certain team selections, I reckon that the team you've picked above could well be the best of the bunch!

Good work, Red Dave.  Email that team sheet through to Pembo!

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Based on what you've said about Gladwin, and possible vulnerabilities in certain team selections, I reckon that the team you've picked above could well be the best of the bunch!

Good work, Red Dave.  Email that team sheet through to Pembo!

Apart from the fact Ayling is injured and I thought Gladwin was predominantly left sided so why play him on the right when you could put him on the left and have Burns on the right.

26 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Apart from the fact Ayling is injured and I thought Gladwin was predominantly left sided so why play him on the right when you could put him on the left and have Burns on the right.

Unbelievable, didn't even spot Ayling in the team!  Must be going blind, or trying to forget the fact he's injured!

I honestly have no idea what side Gladwin prefers to play on, but I thought Red Dave did...

1 hour ago, citywest30 said:

He can play either side so I'd rather have Bryan than Burns.  

Obviously put Little in for Ayling as no other option 

I would say           ROD

Little    Flint     Baker     Goulbourne

Pack     Smith

Burns           Tomlin            Gladwin/Freeman

Kodjia

If we are being positive and attacking with a very good looking front 4 i.e. at home.

For away games where we want to keep it a bit tight and a bit more defensive I would say

ROD

Little           Flint           Baker        Goulbourne

Burns       Pack      Smith       Bryan

Tomlin

Kodjia

With Tomlin dropping in when we haven't got the ball and either pack or smith joining in on attacks whilst the other stays back.

51 minutes ago, WsM-Red said:

I would say           ROD

Little    Flint     Baker     Golbourne

Pack     Smith

Burns           Tomlin            Gladwin/Freeman

Kodjia

That's my guess, too. I think Freeman will start over Gladwin as we won't want too many on the pitch at the start who aren't match fit and with Joe Bryan rumoured to be struggling for tomorrow, he isn't available as a left hand side option.

Even without Ayling, a bench presumably including Pearce, Gladwin, Wilbraham, and Agard looks much stronger than of late.

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That's my guess, too. I think Freeman will start over Gladwin as we won't want too many on the pitch at the start who aren't match fit and with Joe Bryan rumoured to be struggling for tomorrow, he isn't available as a left hand side option.

Even without Ayling, a bench presumably including Pearce, Gladwin, Wilbraham, and Agard looks much stronger than of late.

Oh how it's all starting to look better already, and as crazy as it sounds, we may yet add further signings :o 

21 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

:facepalm:  Jeez...

Not the 'Pack is crap' thing again?

So and in summary:

Pack is crap

Freeman can't play any more.

Flint's lost it.

Baker- 'did he get sent off on purpose'?

Joe Bryan no confidence - maybe a loan

Williams not good enough at this level

Agard too rubbish apart from when not selected

Wilbs blowing by the time he comes out the tunnel

Little never rated

Wes Burns dividing opinion

Reid too tiny

& Kodjia not scored in 8 so probably should have been detained in Calais

It appears we need to build a new team around Korey Smith and the injured Ayling and then we've got a chance.

Just saying like

You know the team so well . 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Very much both footed but his stronger is his right

I think you're wrong but we'll have to agree to disagree unless anyone else knows for sure. I'm sure he's both footed and I've read a quote from himself saying he can play in either wide position, but I'm fairly sure the left side is his preferred. But RedDave you seem to know it all about this squad and who should be playing so...

5 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I think you're wrong but we'll have to agree to disagree unless anyone else knows for sure. I'm sure he's both footed and I've read a quote from himself saying he can play in either wide position, but I'm fairly sure the left side is his preferred. But RedDave you seem to know it all about this squad and who should be playing so...

Gladwin is right footed but tends to play from the left or centrally 

9 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

I reckon he takes penalties with his stronger foot, his right.  But you might think otherwise.  

Perhaps he is the only player to take penalties with his weaker foot.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Fair dos. It seems I am wrong about him being 'left footed' but I still believe I'm right about him preferring to play centrally of left as opposed to the right as you stated.

Actually you never said he'd prefer to play right, just that he could, so fair play RedDave, I was wrong. We'll just have to disagree about Burns or Bryan then :-) 

42 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Fair dos. It seems I am wrong about him being 'left footed' but I still believe I'm right about him preferring to play centrally of left as opposed to the right as you stated.

Actually you never said he'd prefer to play right, just that he could, so fair play RedDave, I was wrong. We'll just have to disagree about Burns or Bryan then :-) 

Nice one

im not a big fan of Burns. Love Bryan, mainly for crosses and goals. Burns could easily prove me wrong though. Let's hope so 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Nice one

im not a big fan of Burns. Love Bryan, mainly for crosses and goals. Burns could easily prove me wrong though. Let's hope so 

No probs. Far too often on here, people argue for arguing sakes rather than sometimes just holding up their hands when they're wrong.

Just nice that we've got two good young homegrown options.

22 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Are you suggesting Smith and Gladwin can't pass the ball? Why wouldn't they keep possession of the ball? 

I go by what I've seen and Gladwin was the best ball player on the pitch against us at AG last season and against Sheffield Utd in the playoffs  

Smith ok at holding possession, but all defensive midfield duties will be on smiths shoulders and he is better chasing and pressing where ever it is needed. Therefore pack is needed to help out with winning the ball. He has done this well for the last 3 matches since we reverted to 443 

6 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Smith ok at holding possession, but all defensive midfield duties will be on smiths shoulders and he is better chasing and pressing where ever it is needed. Therefore pack is needed to help out with winning the ball. He has done this well for the last 3 matches since we reverted to 443 

To be fair 4-4-3 is my favoured tactical line up. I think we're better cut out to deal with the opposition that way. 

Haven't seen this elsewhere sorry if it's repeated. I'd go

O'Donnell (I'm assuming FF still injured)

Little      Flint            Baker     Golbourne

Smith           Pack

Burns            Tomlin               Bryan

Kodjia

Why?

Ayling is injured so it almost has to be Little. Flint and Baker are big and strong, will hopefully have protection from full backs and defensive midfielders too. Golbourne ahead of Williams as I don't think Williams offers enough going forward as a full back, I'm not quite sure what he is actually. Burns and Bryan out wide because the last time I saw them (Middlesbrough then West Brom) they both did well I feel. Also Pemberton has said he likes having some of our academy in there. Tomlin behind Kodjia because I remember him being quite good when we've played against him in the past. Will be a tough one tomorrow and interesting to see how Pembo lines us up. COYR!

Archived