IGNORED

Try picking the team now... not easy

reddogkev

I would play Bryan as he gets some good crosses in. However I will be very surprised if Freeman doesn't start which kinda rules that out.

Wes for me is an impact sub for the last 30 mins (sorry Mr. djb) at present. 

Would either play Gladwin or Agard as the right side of the forward three with Tomlin behind Kodjia.

Can't believe some are saying Flint shouldn't play much for the rest of the season!!

37 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' and I apologise for being thick...... but I see the line up being like this tomorrow....

GK O Donnell

LB Goldbourne

CB Baker

CB Flint

RB Little

LM Tomlin

CM Smith

CM Pack

AM Reid

RM Freeman

ST Kodjia

Wouldn't have chosen Reid myself. But then again I'm not the boss. But other than that, looks not bad. 

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

Smith ok at holding possession, but all defensive midfield duties will be on smiths shoulders and he is better chasing and pressing where ever it is needed. Therefore pack is needed to help out with winning the ball. He has done this well for the last 3 matches since we reverted to 443 

I don't agree. Gladwin went to Swindon as a deep lying midfielder in the same mould as Pack. Cooper eventually moved him to a more attacking midfield role but he's perfectly capable of of performing defensive duties when needed. 

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' and I apologise for being thick...... but I see the line up being like this tomorrow....

GK O Donnell

LB Goldbourne

CB Baker

CB Flint

RB Little

LM Tomlin

CM Smith

CM Pack

AM Reid

RM Freeman

ST Kodjia

Your not being thick 

your being informed 

22 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

I don't agree. Gladwin went to Swindon as a deep lying midfielder in the same mould as Pack. Cooper eventually moved him to a more attacking midfield role but he's perfectly capable of of performing defensive duties when needed. 

Height in midfield is another issue. Pack challenges and wins a lot of headers in midfield, people don't rate him, but watch tomorrow how many times he wins possession or at least stops the opposition having an easy ride in the middle. 

8 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

So has tomorrow's team been named on an open forum then the night before the match?

Lets hope Gary Rowett isn't reading!

How many of TMs posts do you read ?

he is never far off the mark 

not sure GR is going to waste his evening by looking at the 20+ permutations on here but if he did TM is Probably one he might take notice of 

of course that's assuming the side had been picked already !!

5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

How many of TMs posts do you read ?

he is never far off the mark 

not sure GR is going to waste his evening by looking at the 20+ permutations on here but if he did TM is Probably one he might take notice of 

of course that's assuming the side had been picked already !!

I read enough to know he knows more than most of us know.  Hence my surprise that he made that post.

No idea whether opposition clubs will bother looking on forums to look for clues on likely line ups etc, but probably not worth taking the risk. Wasn't there uproar on here years ago when someone posted that Louis Carey (I think) was injured, and our manager at the time (Johnson?) asked for the post to be removed?!

of course, TM might be having a laugh, knowing that we're going with Kodjia, Agard, Wilbs and Burns up top :-)

4 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I read enough to know he knows more than most of us know.  Hence my surprise that he made that post.

No idea whether opposition clubs will bother looking on forums to look for clues on likely line ups etc, but probably not worth taking the risk. Wasn't there uproar on here years ago when someone posted that Louis Carey (I think) was injured, and our manager at the time (Johnson?) asked for the post to be removed?!

of course, TM might be having a laugh, knowing that we're going with Kodjia, Agard, Wilbs and Burns up top :-)

For Gary Rowett's attention;

we've appointed Stuart Pearce and he planning on playing a front two of Fielding & O'Donnell.

13 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Height in midfield is another issue. Pack challenges and wins a lot of headers in midfield, people don't rate him, but watch tomorrow how many times he wins possession or at least stops the opposition having an easy ride in the middle. 

Gladwin is 6ft 3in, I don't think height is an issue.

I'm fully aware of what Pack does but last season I saw him get dominated by Gladwin at AG and that was in a team that lost 3-0 to us. It was that night that I really saw how good Gladwin is and how I'd love to see him playing for us. Well now he is and I'd like to see him given the opportunity to do it for us

2 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

That's not a bad shout that !!

would be an interesting 4-2-4 I think 

Seriously though your point about injuries is a good one 

nobody wants to reveal those in advance to the opposition 

but opinions on lineups is like Arse holes 

we all have them ....

despite some being better informed than others 

i wouldn't let it worry you too much 

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

That's not a bad shout that !!

would be an interesting 4-2-4 I think 

Seriously though your point about injuries is a good one 

nobody wants to reveal those in advance to the opposition 

but opinions on lineups is like Arse holes 

we all have them ....

despite some being better informed than others 

i wouldn't let it worry you too much 

I'm not worried as we're gonna win whichever line up we put out! COYR

3 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

GK O Donnell

LB Goldbourne

CB Baker

CB Flint

RB Little

LM Tomlin

CM Smith

CM Pack

AM Reid

RM Freeman

ST Kodjia

Nooooo dont stick tomlin on the wing. He has to play 10, scheming in behind Kodja. We get the ball, he finds space, we give him the ball - repeat. 

3 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

GK O Donnell

LB Goldbourne

CB Baker

CB Flint

RB Little

LM Tomlin

CM Smith

CM Pack

AM Reid

RM Freeman

ST Kodjia

Can I ask how do you know so much about what's going on in the club? Are you really JP? ;)

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

Gladwin is 6ft 3in, I don't think height is an issue.

I'm fully aware of what Pack does but last season I saw him get dominated by Gladwin at AG and that was in a team that lost 3-0 to us. It was that night that I really saw how good Gladwin is and how I'd love to see him playing for us. Well now he is and I'd like to see him given the opportunity to do it for us

Well it's pack and smith holding tomorrow so pemberton thinks differently. Gladwins an attacking mid and will play upfield. 

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

Well it's pack and smith holding tomorrow so pemberton thinks differently. Gladwins an attacking mid and will play upfield. 

Well he should know Gladwin better than both of us so I hope whatever he does pays off.

I just picked a hypothetical team the rest as everyone else, maybe I'm old fashioned but I remember when midfielders could both attack and defend

17 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

I am thick.... KITR says so....

Ha Ha I wish I was.... it was just a pure guess with logical thinking. 

Not the line up I expected, strange to have BR in AM when I expected Tomlin to be there, with Freeman out on the left. We'll see how things go I guess. 

19 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Not the line up I expected, strange to have BR in AM when I expected Tomlin to be there, with Freeman out on the left. We'll see how things go I guess. 

With the three players mentioned as wingers/attacking mids in that formation, I imagine there would be a fair amount of scope for them to swap positions throughout the match.

18 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

GK O Donnell

LB Goldbourne

CB Baker

CB Flint

RB Little

LM Tomlin

CM Smith

CM Pack

AM Reid

RM Freeman

ST Kodjia

Smart arse.