IGNORED

Today's ref

GrahamC

On 30 January 2016 at 21:01, CotswoldRed said:

An appalling performance and bought every cynical play-act. About a dozen shoves in the air went ignored too. 

I think it just goes to show that they've never played the game (and any reasonable level), nor have they done any work with pro clubs. 

The first bit isn't necessarily his fault.  To get to the top as a referee you'd have to start pretty young, which probably curtails any chance of playing at a decent level.

The second bit, why not work regularly with a club in a different league to which you ref at....to avoid bias.  All of the pro clubs will know the little tricks and cons as well as what is a good tackle, not a good tackle etc.  Passing this on, would help the overall game.

Ive seen that some referees do this, normally pre-season to help with rule changes etc.

The guy yesterday had a worse day at the office than Wes did yesterday!

Not being funny, but if I could run around, I could've ref' that game 100% better than him.  I've done it a few times, and apart from struggling with the backing in / holding stuff between centre forward and centre half...it's not as difficult as he made it.

12 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That would be a great change to the rules , release the assessors report after a game. Would never happen, and I understand why, but would be good to get independent (ish) feedback after a game. I hate coming away saying the Ref was crap , sounds like excuses and cop outs , and yesterday his performance wouldn't have mattered one little bit if we had taken our chances(again). That said , the number of soft free kicks that get given against us compared to the amount of robust challenges that are allowed on City players don't seem to even out. I honestly ended up laughing at some of the decisions he gave come the tail end of the match.

Its amazing how one in the onion bag and instantly the refereeing is forgotten-1-0 and it would have been all OK(ish)....human nature I suppose. Maybe assessors reports could be open at the end of every season??..'Freedom of information!!

On 30/01/2016 at 18:48, hay dens party said:

don't kill me but I agree with the Ref definitely not a penalty, But fair play to Tomlin you have to go down. On another day he may have given it and we'd have 3 points in the bag.

Go down at the cost of getting the shot away???......if that was the case,Tomlin is a very cool head.maybe he didn't fancy his chances on the angle???..........

I don't usually jump on the bandwagon of saying the referee was awful, he didn't give us anything, was biased towards other team, cost us the game etc. etc. as I often think people are watching the game through rose tinted glasses.

However, he was absolutely shocking. Looked very hesitant like late in second half looked like Freeman (I think) was fouled in the box, I was watching the referee and he kept bringing his whistle up to his mouth then took it away then looked like he was going to blow again then took it away, it looked like he really didn't have a clue what do give and was waiting on whoever shouted the loudest or the linesman to give a decision to save him from having to make one himself (which he eventually called offside but was rather late). 

It seemed he didn't have any control or authority over the Birmingham players, for example the throw in where their rightback went about 10 yards forward then told the crowd to calm down as the referee told him to go back, but then the Brum player went forwards by 10 yards again and he did nothing. Every 50/50 seemed to go their way, he stopped the game a number of times when he thought Brum players were hurt, yet when Flint was caught he again hesitated and didn't stop the game (I'm sure I could hear Flint scream and I was sat in Atyeo). Judging by the reaction of the City players, many held their heads in disbelief and looked genuinely shocked and surprised following many of his decisions, which I think says a lot.

I know the crowd can often over react and blame the referee (mob mentality and all that), but he was genuinely appalling. Don't know if perhaps the fact the whole stadium was singing about him got to him and so he decided to give any 50/50 against us, but he had a shocker.

Archived