IGNORED

Today's ref

GrahamC

24 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Graham, there are games where I so miss sitting next to you in the Dolman! Or maybe I could hear you in the Atyeo!

A vintage bad ref performance…hoping we can look back on it and laugh….

I must admit it was one of my "vintage" performances today.

No voice left..

47 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Here you go. I'd call that a pen. Brum player is nowhere near the ball. 

What adds insult to injury is that Tomlin got a yellow card, and presumably no appeal. So, he ended the game worse off, from a disciplinary point of view, than the t###r who deliberately tried to take Korey out of the game early on (no 20: some justice in the fact that he had to hobble off soon after). 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously as bad as I can ever remember.

No control of the game at all, allowed Birmingham to dive, time waste and moan without any response.

Missed a blatant penalty to us and could easily have given another late on.

A completely incompetent, biased display.

The man was a complete Merchant from start to finish .

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

I was sat in front of tomlin and it was a dive, no contact at all and went down after the nothing challenge happened....ref was spot on there.....rest of the game dire.

1. Crap, less than 10 yards from me and there was contact, took his lower leg, ref was even closer earlier when the defender struck the ball with his elbow in the box, ref signalled ball to elbow, blatant lie as player moved his arm to the ball. 
  2. Why is it we get all the biased refs at city - much as I thought Cotts could have done better, he would certainly have let the officials know he was marking their cards - was I the only one who noticed that only a red shirt could be judged offside?

It always makes me smile when we see referees at Championship and League 1 level and see how poor they are, then a few years later we see them in the Premier League supposedly as the top of the profession.

They are still poor, but we realised it a few years earlier.

So we can expect to see this fellow making equally poor decisions in the Premier League in a few years.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

I was sat in front of tomlin and it was a dive, no contact at all and went down after the nothing challenge happened....ref was spot on there.....rest of the game dire.

So was I and I agree. So much so I told the bloke behind me who hollered for the penalty whilst wistfully talking about Gary Johnson.

Tomlin had only one thing on his mind as he went past his man. And he didn't get it.

Ref was a clown though.

10 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I told the bloke behind me who hollered for the penalty whilst wistfully talking about Gary Johnson.

Am trying to play this sequence out in my mind, and it's coming across as a kind of surreal Vic Reeves sketch. For clarity, was it you, or the bloke behind you who was talking wistfully about Gary Johnson? 

Archived