IGNORED

JET to MK on Loan

supercidered

18 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Errrr drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr get with it. Read the second sentence.

I'm right "with it" thanks.  You stated that it was a piece of poor management from SC, on the condition that he goes to MK.  So you're stating that if he stays at QPR, it isn't a piece of poor management.  That condition is outside of his control.  So, once again, how is it SC's fault what happens to JET after QPR?

Oh, and if we're handing out "drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"s, then it's "should have", not "should of".

36 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

If he goes to MK its another piece of poor management from SC. Should of never let him go.

6 months on and STILL people can't get their heads around the fact that JET wanted to leave the club and move back to London.

GET OVER IT!

Edit - drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

37 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

6 months on and STILL people can't get their heads around the fact that JET wanted to leave the club and move back to London.

GET OVER IT!

Edit - drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

36 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

The trouble is B86..... the truth doesn't fit with peoples agendas.......

So he was offered a contract when his expired?

27 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I don't profess to be in the know, so can't answer that question, but I thought it was pretty much public knowledge that he wanted to go back to London. 

He was not!....the rest is hearsay! (yes I changed the spelling :laugh:)

I definitely don't have an agenda one way or another. 

Reading between the lines @REDOXO he wasn't offered a new deal on the basis that his agent had been trying to find him a new club before his current deal expired. That doesn't happen unless the player is asking for it to happen. 

My educated guess would be he knew he wasn't going to be a first team regular here, as did Cotterill, and it was in both parties best interests that he find a new club. Wages freed up for us (expensive fringe player) and the game time/squad role (or so he thought) that he wanted, coupled with a desirable move back to London

image.png

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Reading between the lines @REDOXO he wasn't offered a new deal on the basis that his agent had been trying to find him a new club before his current deal expired. That doesn't happen unless the player is asking for it to happen. 

My educated guess would be he knew he wasn't going to be a first team regular here, as did Cotterill, and it was in both parties best interests that he find a new club. Wages freed up for us (expensive fringe player) and the game time/squad role (or so he thought) that he wanted, coupled with a desirable move back to London

image.png

Exactly what happened. The choice was to offer him a contract or listen to hearsay...No contract was offered, because SC didn't want him and didn't like his playing style....This is not an agenda this is fact. As Above!

He (SC) gave the comment when Jet was let go, that he needed playing time and that was why he was off to get game time, look how that turned out. FYI clubs and agents were sniffing around JET in January simply because everyone knew he was out of contract in June, they even mentioned it on TV at the WHU game, so to flip that to JET was somehow manipulating a move back to London is disingenuous to say the least.

JET would have stayed if he was offered a contract saving us bucket loads in transfer fees, but he was not. That in many peoples eyes was a bad move,but most supported SC in making it.As it turned out we had our post season transfer meltdown...And I am not going there because I'm sick of reading about it, which ended with SC fired after the Sack Cloth debacle.

If we had JET would we be third from bottom? Who knows, but managers stand and fall on decisions, whether this one was right or wrong is for the accademics, but JET was not offered a deal by SC or the club!

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

JET would have stayed if he was offered a contract saving us bucket loads in transfer fees, but he was not.

Except we didn't have to pay bucket loads in transfer fees because we didn't manage to sign anyone.

Clearly Cotterill thought he'd be able to replace JET with players who were more to his liking but we all know how that turned out.

He'd be a good signing for MK, which is annoying because we need them to remain weak, but we've already moved on and replaced him with Tomlin (albeit temporarily).

So you're saying JET would have happily signed a new long term deal based on not even being a first team player in L1?

Can't see that myself personally. 

Either way, the move seemed to suit all parties at the time. Think it's naive to put it all down to one person. Players come and go. Not saying it would have gone down the same way had we known what was to follow, but still...

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Please @TETBURY MASSIVE state your opinion about the chain of events!

In 'My Opinion' JET did not want to be offered a new contract due to the fact that he wanted to return to London.

He had agreed to join QPR prior to it being announced by BCFC that he was not to be offered another contract. The club didn't offer him a contract as they knew he wouldn't sign one even if he was offered one.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So you're saying JET would have happily signed a new long term deal based on not even being a first team player in L1?

Can't see that myself personally. 

Either way, the move seemed to suit all parties at the time. Think it's naive to put it all down to one person. Players come and go. Not saying it would have gone down the same way had we known what was to follow, but still...

Hey B86 big day today so I wont waste anymore time on this, however JET would have signed the right contract if offered. He was part of a successful squad that had just won two trophies and is confident in his ability...He was not offered a contract by Bristol City because the manager didn't want him 

The rest is history as they say, however the idea that JET was itching to go back to London is hearsay based upon the fact agents and clubs thought he may becoming available as it was common knowledge his contract was up and clubs were being spoken to.... Agents are going to look to place their boy if their contract ends that is their job....Only SC could have made the decision to offer or not offer a contract. Again would it have made a difference, who knows, but you gotta think it was better than no one, which was what we got (Then we get into the SL v SC debate not sure completely on that)

33 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly what happened. The choice was to offer him a contract or listen to hearsay...No contract was offered, because SC didn't want him and didn't like his playing style....This is not an agenda this is fact. As Above!

He (SC) gave the comment when Jet was let go, that he needed playing time and that was why he was off to get game time, look how that turned out. FYI clubs and agents were sniffing around JET in January simply because everyone knew he was out of contract in June, they even mentioned it on TV at the WHU game, so to flip that to JET was somehow manipulating a move back to London is disingenuous to say the least.

JET would have stayed if he was offered a contract saving us bucket loads in transfer fees, but he was not. That in many peoples eyes was a bad move,but most supported SC in making it.As it turned out we had our post season transfer meltdown...And I am not going there because I'm sick of reading about it, which ended with SC fired after the Sack Cloth debacle.

If we had JET would we be third from bottom? Who knows, but managers stand and fall on decisions, whether this one was right or wrong is for the accademics, but JET was not offered a deal by SC or the club!

Funny how you like to use statements about facts and you also claim Jet would have stayed if offered a contract. So either you are JET himself or you have the ability to read peoples minds and predict the future. Which one is it?

11 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' JET did not want to be offered a new contract due to the fact that he wanted to return to London.

He had agreed to join QPR prior to it being announced by BCFC that he was not to be offered another contract. The club didn't offer him a contract as they knew he wouldn't sign one even if he was offered one.

That'll do for me! Can we make this a sticky?!

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

JET would have signed the right contract if offered.

Love to know your source on that.

Because surely if it's anyone other than JET it's every bit as much hearsay as what you're dismissing?

Archived