IGNORED

JET to MK on Loan

supercidered

If only JET would've had this kind of support and backing when on the pitch half the time.......

Said when we had him to appreciate him whilst we had him as players like him really don't come along often. But alas he was lazy, didn't track back, overweight etc etc etc...

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

Nope - JET is a player that makes things happen 

Precisely, I can just about put up with the fact we tried but missed out on signing a striker in the Window, but this - JET to MK - is gut wrenching. Would so much have preferred getting JET back compared to Gladwin. Can now see the scenario when MK pull clear and JET hits the winner against us along the way.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If only JET would've had this kind of support and backing when on the pitch half the time.......

Said when we had him to appreciate him whilst we had him as players like him really don't come along often. But alas he was lazy, didn't track back, overweight etc etc etc...

Unfortunately most prefer a work horse....or someone that runs around a lot. Tomlin will probably end up slated like JET was. Whilst JET is unproven at champ level he certainly would have helped us create this season.

Let's look at his clubs at this level.

Ipswich failed

Cardiff Failed

Now QPR failed.

Great for us at times last season but let's not make out he's a proven championship forward.I think it's pretty clear that football isn't his number one priority.

Can't say I'm overly disappointed.

Jet was a good player at times in league one. Scored some good goals for at that level. Can't say hand on heart was instrumental in winning us games, may be wrong.

I would have thought that he had more chance of proving himself as in a good QPR team at championship level. He didn't so will be interesting to see how he adapts at MK where he is seen as the star player and expectation will be higher. In my opinion it was the right choice for him to move on, may have given us an extra dimension but given the stick wilbs get he would have been another target for the boo boys due to lack of work rate.

19 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Reading between the lines he wasn't offered a new deal on the basis that his agent had been trying to find him a new club before his current deal expired. That doesn't happen unless the player is asking for it to happen.

It's no more complex than he wasn't a Cotterill player, Cotterill didn't play him unless forced to, really (and then couldn't drop him when in form) and he was never going to get a good run of games in the SBC.

3 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Let's look at his clubs at this level.

Ipswich failed

Cardiff Failed

Now QPR failed.

Great for us at times last season but let's not make out he's a proven championship forward.I think it's pretty clear that football isn't his number one priority.

Can't say I'm overly disappointed.

In order to give balance, he was played out of position at 2 of those clubs, and was second top scorer in his time there for the third despite rarely being used.

38 minutes ago, City169 said:

In order to give balance, he was played out of position at 2 of those clubs, and was second top scorer in his time there for the third despite rarely being used.

Probably because there were better players ahead of him and had limited ability to adapt 

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

But he WAS often lazy and didn't track back a lot of the time.  Why pretend this wasn't the case?  I appreciated his skills, but the reality is he didn't command a first team place in League One last year, until other players were injured, and then returned to the bench when they came back.

We talk about him as if he was Maradona.  He wasn't.

I would rather have Tomlin in our team and I expect if you ask most MK fans they would say the same. Neither have a particularly great work ethic defensively so we wouldn't have both in the team.

Not the player we need at the moment, the chances are there we just need someone to convert them, an old fashioned goal hanger!

3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

It's no more complex than he wasn't a Cotterill player, Cotterill didn't play him unless forced to, really (and then couldn't drop him when in form) and he was never going to get a good run of games in the SBC.

For the record somehow you have managed to quote me saying something that @BRISTOL86 said. Not sure it matters and I am not going to comment in this thread again, but clearly there is a little bug somewhere that can allow that to happen!

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

For the record somehow you have managed to quote me saying something that @BRISTOL86 said. Not sure it matters and I am not going to comment in this thread again, but clearly there is a little bug somewhere that can allow that to happen!

No idea, are you masquerading as other posters Redoxo? If that is your real name.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

No idea, are you masquerading as other posters Redoxo? If that is your real name.

So there goes my not going to comment in this thread comment. But Mrs Redoxo says that's what's on the marriage certificate and I'm on here enough without masquerading as @Bristol86 too! 

Now turn that off sado! She has a point :laugh:!

Archived