IGNORED

Who will be the loan striker

Ashtonwurzel

50 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

So who will we manage to get ?

As Fulham kept hold off (and added to) their forward line I could see us getting Matt Smith until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal in the Summer.

Kyle Lafferty didn't go anywhere did he ? so he could be an option.

Other options ?

Would be happy with this,we know he has a great attitude and will settle immediately.. Bloody hope we get this done.

55 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

So who will we manage to get ?

As Fulham kept hold off (and added to) their forward line I could see us getting Matt Smith until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal in the Summer.

Kyle Lafferty didn't go anywhere did he ? so he could be an option.

Other options ?

In 'My Opinion' unless things drastically change..... we wont be getting Matt Smith on loan. We asked at the start of the window and was told NO. Not a no maybe but a NO, NO WAY!

Fulham would not let him join us on loan or permanently due to the position they find themselves in, they would look rather stupid if they loaned us MS and his goals kept us up and sent them down. 

So as said above, unless things drastically change I wouldn't expect to see MS in a City shirt anytime soon. 

10 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' unless things drastically change..... we wont be getting Matt Smith on loan. We asked at the start of the window and was told NO. Not a no maybe but a NO, NO WAY!

Fulham would not let him join us on loan or permanently due to the position they find themselves in, they would look rather stupid if they loaned us MS and his goals kept us up and sent them down. 

So as said above, unless things drastically change I wouldn't expect to see MS in a City shirt anytime soon. 

Sadly that makes sense.

36 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

"In your opinion" has the club had any interest in Lafferty then? He would seem to be a decent fit in terms of the type of striker we're after. Do you have any "opinion" on who the loan striker may be?! From Championship or Prem?

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

On local tv here in East Anglia the interview with Norwich boss made it clear Lafferty was available on loan but no offers at all had come into Carrow Road

If I was City I'd have been on the phone already to set up a loan when window opens

Excellent thinking Ivor, only problem is the phone system at AG is poor to say the least and they might misdial and get Bernard Matthews and a b*****y gert Turkey arrives. :whistle:

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

"In your opinion" has the club had any interest in Lafferty then? He would seem to be a decent fit in terms of the type of striker we're after. Do you have any "opinion" on who the loan striker may be?! From Championship or Prem?

In 'My Opinion'..... yes the club asked about the possibility of getting Kyle Lafferty on loan. The stumbling block is that KL is on £33k a week at Norwich and that they wanted City to pay £25k a week of it while on loan.... with our top earner paying £5 a week to play he didn't fit into our budget.

11 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion'..... yes the club asked about the possibility of getting Kyle Lafferty on loan. The stumbling block is that KL is on £33k a week at Norwich and that they wanted City to pay £25k a week of it while on loan.... with our top earner paying £5 a week to play he didn't fit into our budget.

TM, and there lies one of our main problems, the wage gap is getting so b******y ridiculous now we run the danger of being isolated if we get relegated as these farcical wages will just increase over the years and yet would we want an unsettled squad with a prima donna earning 5-6 times a week what our highest earner ( and note I say earner as it seems in footie nowadays, this is more important than ability or perceived ability) is getting.

18 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

.... with our top earner paying £5 a week to play he didn't fit into our budget.

I didn't realise our players had to pay match day subs. Great stuff and good to see our club staying in touch with grass roots football.

As for Lafferty, if he is too tight to find a fiver on a match day then I agree, he won't fit in here.

19 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Mate,your one of the few on here who seem to have something of a finger on the pulse..who do you see as genuine possibilities in the coming window??

32 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Wow, that's a lot of money for a guy who hasn't played a lot of football in the last 2 seasons. Perhaps Norwich's wage contribution demands may fall now the window is shut?

With someone like Kyle Lafferty earning £33k a week, you can understand why the club are so keen to develop their own talent. But at the same time, it makes you wonder why players like Dack/Bradshaw/Gilbey/Whoever weren't targeted in the summer? If KL can earn £33k a week, what did they expect Gayle to want?

2 hours ago, cynic said:

It does seem obvious that Matt Smith will be available for a loan.

A switch to two up front would be good.

Others will be interested no doubt.

I'd be very surprised if Fulham would loan us a cup of sugar, let alone a player who might score the goals to keep us up and possibly send them down.

39 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Wow, that's a lot of money for a guy who hasn't played a lot of football in the last 2 seasons. Perhaps Norwich's wage contribution demands may fall now the window is shut?

With someone like Kyle Lafferty earning £33k a week, you can understand why the club are so keen to develop their own talent. But at the same time, it makes you wonder why players like Dack/Bradshaw/Gilbey/Whoever weren't targeted in the summer? If KL can earn £33k a week, what did they expect Gayle to want?

In 'My Opinion' DG wanted £19k a week, hes on £22k a week at CP but would receive a % of the transfer fee. We wouldn't go higher than £14k a week.

1 minute ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

In 'My Opinion' DG wanted £19k a week, hes on £22k a week at CP but would receive a % of the transfer fee. We wouldn't go higher than £14k a week.

If that's the case then that's ******* ridiculous, though even if we'd met his demands he didn't come across as particularly keen on the move

Anyway, ancient history now

21 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

So that's Clough and Gayle who we didn't sign for the sake of ~£300k p/y additional wage but we took Moore and Cox on loan and didn't use them. Also prepared to pay £2m for a player who never played outside of Div 3?

Staggering. 

If we're not prepared to pay over a certain amount a week, so be it. But taking that gamble could well see us back in L1.

What would the club lose financially on getting relegated? I'd suggest it would be a lot more than the money paid to get in a decent striker, but I suppose the club is not prepared to take the risk thinking it's not 100% guaranteed?

I'm hoping we're looking at some young Premiership strikers who are on the fringe of the first team but just not quite there yet!

Remember what an impact Defoe had when he went to Bournemouth all those years ago. We need someone like that, someone who could become an instant hero and fire us to safety! We may have to pay a loan fee though?

Anyone got any potential names from the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Man C etc.

9 minutes ago, Sniper said:

If we're not prepared to pay over a certain amount a week, so be it. But taking that gamble could well see us back in L1.

What would the club lose financially on getting relegated? I'd suggest it would be a lot more than the money paid to get in a decent striker, but I suppose the club is not prepared to take the risk thinking it's not 100% guaranteed?

I'm hoping we're looking at some young Premiership strikers who are on the fringe of the first team but just not quite there yet!

Remember what an impact Defoe had when he went to Bournemouth all those years ago. We need someone like that, someone who could become an instant hero and fire us to safety! We may have to pay a loan fee though?

Anyone got any potential names from the likes of Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Man C etc.

Hopefully Mr Ashton has Sniper

If the wages mentioned above are accurate it sounds like we might end up with a LONE striker not a LOAN striker. I find all these posts that mention the wages being paid (if they are accurate) quite depressing, the last time we were in the championship we declared losses of 13 millionish and it seems to have got worse. Can we afford to be in it?

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

On local tv here in East Anglia the interview with Norwich boss made it clear Lafferty was available on loan but no offers at all had come into Carrow Road

If I was City I'd have been on the phone already to set up a loan when window opens

If that is true then Ashton and the board are stringing us along saying they tried everything..... :gasmask:

2 hours ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Our top earner is on £5k pw?! haha, 

35 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

If the wages mentioned above are accurate it sounds like we might end up with a LONE striker not a LOAN striker. I find all these posts that mention the wages being paid (if they are accurate) quite depressing, the last time we were in the championship we declared losses of 13 millionish and it seems to have got worse. Can we afford to be in it?

Gut reaction on reading that is I'd rather watch us play Rochdale than watch us pay £25k per week for someone like Lafferty.

Archived