IGNORED

Who will be the loan striker

Ashtonwurzel

1 hour ago, WjF said:

According to Sky Aluko was the subject of four enquiries from Championship teams on TDD and Hull turned them all down. No club names given.

We might have been one of them. Who knows?

Nope.

Leeds, Brighton, Fulham and Forest were the four.

1 hour ago, roddy-d said:

I cant see Fulham loaning Matt Smith while in the position there in. Kyle Lafferty of to Leeds supposedly. Dwight Gayle prob will come available on loan. Gayle also knows & has played with 2 City players at Peterborough.

Now that would be worth waiting for 

Even in Matt Smith was available to us, I don't want him here, he can't get off the bench for a team that are 3 places better off than us! He has played 13 minutes of championship football in since January 2nd, if he was good enough to play at this level then surely he would be doing it for Fulham and they wouldn't be in the position that they are in at the moment. We need someone who is a goal scorer, like a Dwight Gayle, I highly doubted he will be available, but that's the type of striker we need in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, wheatus59 said:

Are you Mr Perry ?

No. My username goes back to when Brian Tinnion was manager and everyone thought he was an otib user. I am not really called Brian. Perhaps its time for an update. Mini me?

Anyway. Getting back on thread. Assume a new head coach would want a say in who comes in on loan hence the 'we are seeing who is available ' holding message. 

1 hour ago, Kodjia 22 said:

Even in Matt Smith was available to us, I don't want him here, he can't get off the bench for a team that are 3 places better off than us! He has played 13 minutes of championship football in since January 2nd, if he was good enough to play at this level then surely he would be doing it for Fulham and they wouldn't be in the position that they are in at the moment. We need someone who is a goal scorer, like a Dwight Gayle, I highly doubted he will be available, but that's the type of striker we need in my opinion.

Smith is behind McCormack and Dembele - who've scored 24 between them.  His ranking against those two doesn't mean he wouldn't improve us.  If they had a defence, they'd be much better off.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Spend £1 million (loan fee and wages) on Darren Bent until the end of the season. He scores 12 goals and we finish on 50 points and 3 places away from the drop.

= simple !

Don't make it wages, give him a huge goal bonus, motivation sorted!

It will be interesting to see what can be done here now, we have our Manager in place so that perceived stumbling block is out of the way.The Barnsley fan said on his thread that LJ "likes a loan" so I am sure he will have some input too. I can't imagine that it would be anyone like WInnall as has been suggested, which of the teams at this stage of the season is going to let a major player go on loan? 

I think it leaves us with the Darren Bent type option or perhaps an up and coming kid from the premiership.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder how bad Gladwin's "niggle" is....might we need to add a midfielder too?

Any truth in the Adomah rumour?

Again Adomah is playing and is a part of the Boro squad, why would they let him go on loan? he's not exactly a goal poacher either is he? 

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Again Adomah is playing and is a part of the Boro squad, why would they let him go on loan? he's not exactly a goal poacher either is he? 

Hasn't MA suggested that we might get an attacking midfielder instead?  

Only reason I said it was because of a rumour heard....and Middlesbrough have a plethora of forward players.

I think there are more options than just Bent. If you look at the premier league, a few team have brought in strikers. Off the top of my head Dwight Gayle, Jelavic from West Ham, Traore from Chelsea, Anichibe from West Brom and maybe Riviere from Newcastle could all maybe be available as other options brought in. I hope we do our due dilligence in finding what is right for us. 

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think there are more options than just Bent. If you look at the premier league, a few team have brought in strikers. Off the top of my head Dwight Gayle, Jelavic from West Ham, Traore from Chelsea, Anichibe from West Brom and maybe Riviere from Newcastle could all maybe be available as other options brought in. I hope we do our due dilligence in finding what is right for us. 

I think that is one thing you can be sure of Joe, I think the dealings since MA came in have shown that they do their homework thoroughly before making a move.

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think that is one thing you can be sure of Joe, I think the dealings since MA came in have shown that they do their homework thoroughly before making a move.

Well he signed a half fit gladwin, and then tomlin to play the creative attacker role, so thats one loan slot filled. Those signings should have been made with a manager in place to ensure they meet his requirements.

Archived