IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Q&A at Forest

thatcham red

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

why does he never do it at home games?  got nice new facilities.... use em and open your self up to a larger fan base

I suspect he will when the West Stand is complete as it will be geared up for bigger things like this.

These ones are mostly aimed at exiles, although a lot of fans travelling up from Bristol often attend.

11 minutes ago, ontariored said:

Exactly my question also. Well done beating me to it. I assume no balls......

He has the 'balls' to do it when things arnt great , he and the board are getting pelters and will know it will probably be a tough session.

That looks like pretty 'big balls' IMHO

12 minutes ago, ontariored said:

But not at Ashton Gate.

There are practical reasons why. You can only have limited turnout otherwise it would be so bloody unorganised with questions being shouted from left right and centre - an away game suits that - and you probably would have people who would have had one or two many sherberts whereas on an away day people have generally travelled by car or on dry coaches so there'd be fewer who are inebriated and lose inhibitions/show themselves up.

He's put his head above the parapet. Well done to him. Yes he could have done it at AG, but there is really no need to. If he had held these at Ashton Gate last season when we were going great guns like last season I could probably see your point more clearly, but he didn't. Even when he could have basked in glory he still did these on away days, I see it quite unfair therefore to suggest he's shirking it.

This isn't a new thing, so I am not sure why a few people are bashing him.  We (the SC&T) are very grateful that Steve is happy to do sessions such as this, which are mainly aimed at our exiled fans who can't always get to Ashton Gate. 

I am sure once the stadium is finished, he would be equally as happy to do a similar event at AG.  As it is, these events are aimed at a smaller audience, which is why they suit a venue at an away pub.

Personally - I think this is a fantastic thing that he does and the fact that it actually becomes another chance to complain ??  - perhaps it's me but I find that unbelievable tbh

Do people think that many owners in the Championship let alone the premiership do this sort of thing (Especially when it comes at a testing time when many or most would duck it !)

Remember this is a guy who clearly doesn't enjoy spotlight / media -?seems a very private , quiet guy whenever I've encountered him

Good decisions , bad decisions , good points , weaknesses ......

I have questioned board decisions where I feel fair and SL will admit to mistakes himself

Reminds me how lucky we are in many respects to have SL , a real decent man , at the helm

Would anyone really want to see SL sell to an outside investor , undoubtedly foreign ???

Be a bigger disaster than 82. IMHO

"Aimed at Fans who don't always get to Ashton Gate"....what about Fans who do go week in week out to Ashton Gate?   get some left over summary on here.

I recall that prior to Cotterill's departure David Lloyd was due to do a similar event in the Atyeo which was then canned and not re-arranged

Away Fans get Mr Lansdown, Home Fan gets David Lloyd (Nothing personal Dave)

Plenty of facilities now at Ashton Gate that can hold 500 people similar to the venue in Nottingham, 

Pretty poor from the Supporters Club that they are looking after away fans in this manor while Home fans get....ummm...maybe in a couple of years.

Sorry just my view....

27 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If ever the saying "there's no pleasing some" was ever more appropriate.

You know you could go to Nottingham and hear what he has to say for himself right? Heck even ask a question....

Why travel all that way, to see SL speak, when someone could put it on Periscope.

Aghast at some of the comments 'no balls' REALLY !

It seems pretty obvious to do this at a home game would he would need a venue the size of AG or limit to the guests, then I suspect some would accuse the bloke of being testicularly challenged as well for not addressing 15000 people which he has done but not on a QnA format. 

The booze issue not withstanding this seems a pretty good compromise and in my experience the questioning is pretty robust, also hopefully it will get recorded if possible or maybe a transcript. 

34 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If ever the saying "there's no pleasing some" was ever more appropriate.

You know you could go to Nottingham and hear what he has to say for himself right? Heck even ask a question....

If I wanted to ask him a question why fork our many pounds to travel to Nottingham to do so?

He imo should be doing this twice a season 1 away 1 at home.

I know he doesn't have to fair enough. But he chooses to so I am surprised there are not chances for both exiles and locals.

I don't particularly want to ask him anything or go to one of these events. But raised the question as I believe a forum is the right place to do so

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

If I wanted to ask him a question why fork our many pounds to travel to Nottingham to do so?

He imo should be doing this twice a season 1 away 1 at home.

I know he doesn't have to fair enough. But he chooses to so I am surprised there are not chances for both exiles and locals.

I don't particularly want to ask him anything or go to one of these events. But raised the question as I believe a forum is the right place to do so

:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

Waste of a post and against forum rules I believe.

Just because I don't want to go doesn't mean I cannot ask the question. Doesn't mean I would not want to go in the future

Depends how you would define waste of a post. Just passing my view and one image sums it up perfectly. 

Why would you ask a question about something you're not interested in? That is surely a waste of a post.

8 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

I'm going  to  go to this. Long drive  down  from Scotland  but would  like  to  ask a couple  of  questions.  Dolls do we have a time as yet and do we have to put our questions  to yourselves  ( club trust ect) first? 

Article states "The bar opens at 11am and Steve will arrive in good time to take questions from fans around 1pm. The place holds 500; however, getting there early guarantees a seat. One not to be missed!"

You just turn up and ask your question.  There are usually roving microphones that can be passed around the room so that people can ask questions, Steve can respond and everyone can hear everything. :) 

9 minutes ago, Selred said:

Depends how you would define waste of a post. Just passing my view and one image sums it up perfectly. 

Why would you ask a question about something you're not interested in? That is surely a waste of a post.

I am interested, hence the question, I may not be interested in attending, but I may be interested in why only 1 meeting.  Not sure the point you were making

23 minutes ago, TRL said:

I am interested, hence the question, I may not be interested in attending, but I may be interested in why only 1 meeting.  Not sure the point you were making

I'm sure if you have a question that somebody will be willing to ask on your behalf.  There is normally a summary written up as well for those not in attendance.

I won't be able to get to this game due to work commitments.

However...could someone ask these questions...

1. Was SC released purely down to results on the pitch?

2. Has he considered finding a new backer for BCFC, keeping Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate, calling in some debts and leasing the ground back to any new backer?

Archived